ADVERTISEMENT

Worst performance of Woodson era

A rich history from the first ever football game to owning the vaunted Hoosier state’s pride and joy 8 times in a row.
OMG hilarious. I expected a tough game today. I didn't lose money tonight on this game so I don't give a rats ass. Go back to your jersey sh!thole and enjoy your non relevant existence. Suits you well.

Reactions: Crayfish57
OMG hilarious. I expected a tough game today. I didn't lose money tonight on this game so I don't give a rats ass. Go back to your jersey sh!thole and enjoy your non relevant existence. Suits you well.
Enjoy your barren field and losing basketball program. Its all you can handle being a simple bumpkin.

From Washington in 1776 to Thomas Edison to Shaquille ONeal, your backwoods state can’t come close to all we have contributed to this great nation. You’re welcome.
Dude GFY and crawl under your rock. Obviously you have all sorts of emotional and mental issues that force you to do stupid shit. Hey no one cares!

Where is the guy who put this years group in the same breath as the 93 team? The ceiling is 13-7 in the big ten and a sweet 16 appearance. Woodson wont be here for an extended period. If he doesnt reload in the next 3 classes.... then we go back to square one and mark 30 years of irrelevancy. I am not saying he cant do it, but it is reality. Hard to fathom.

Did you speak up when the poster compared this team to the 93 team?
If not, your 20/20 hindsight is brilliant.
Maybe next you can tell us who won the 2022 elections?

I was extremely disappointed that Woody was not able to fix the giving up offensive rebound problem until halftime. I would think that a 30 second time should suffice.

And during that same timeout he could have told Race to quit shooting threes. I don't care if he hits 90% of them in practice, he's proven that he has no business shooting them in a game.

Woodson looked pretty upset after the game when talking to the press. Talked about getting good looks and just not making shots (not a surprise, this was something that was a potential issue identified before the season) but what was really eating at him was rebounding which, it was apparent from the opening tip, IU was going to be hammered on the boards.

The rebounding has been bad in other games too, even NC. IU simply gives up too many offensive boards to opponents. Not sure what's going on because a lot of times they either don't get position and block out or come down with the ball sort of and get it stripped. It's like they have weak hands. Maybe it's because they want the transition buckets and are looking to break and get the pass out before the board is secured. I don't know.

Plus IU is still a really poor FT shooting team. The bench didn't do much in this game either.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Baxter.... I did speak up. And obviously, I was correct. It isnt fair to hold this team to the standard of that team.

Pathetic performance by IU today. Not championship level yet. Pushed around, out muscled, out hustled, terrible shooting and rebounding. This was a huge blow to momentum in the program.
Would be helpful if IU would recruit guys that can shoot
instead of guys that stand under the basket flexing that
can't rebound or shoot.

Reactions: mk30 and Crayfish57
Guys, we got beat. On the road.
It really emphasizes that 75 76 team that went 63-1.
Good jolt back to reality.
Get JHS healthy, have Malik foul less, figure out how they shut down our paint play and counter that, and be a little more picky about who shoots a three.
Long season. Give Woodson and the team a chance to bounce back.

From Washington in 1776 to Thomas Edison to Shaquille ONeal, your backwoods state can’t come close to all we have contributed to this great nation. You’re welcome.
Congrats on the W. I like Pikiell a lot and find myself pulling for Rutgers pretty often. The Scarlet Knights haven't finished a season ranked since back before the launch of ESPN, so I think it's cool to see programs like Rutgers and Northwestern pull off an upset in front of the home crowd occasionally.

The winning streak over IU ranks right up there along side the Final 4 run with Phil Sellers and company back in 76. Enjoy it while it lasts! As an IU football fan, I know how it feels to have something to cheer about every 50 years or so.

Good luck on the rest of the season.

I was extremely disappointed that Woody was not able to fix the giving up offensive rebound problem until halftime. I would think that a 30 second time should suffice.

And during that same timeout he could have told Race to quit shooting threes. I don't care if he hits 90% of them in practice, he's proven that he has no business shooting them in a game.
That, plus I was disappointed that Woody couldn't find a way to get TJD the ball in better positions.

I think you dramatically over emphasize the importance to RU fans, of RUs dominance over Indiana. It’s not really that big of a deal. It’s become accepted fact. As an RU fan I expected a win. Indiana is soft. It’s just a bad match up for Indiana. It’s been this way for years.

I think you have a seriously over-inflated view of Indianas reputation.

Indiana hasn’t been a consistent top level team in the Big10 for a very long time

Everyone knows this. Except, it seems, Indiana fans who think it’s still 1984. Just fact.

RU fans are really not that impressed with Indiana.

Thanks for the condescending praise…. as transparent as it was
I see how it might come across as condescending on re-read, but it was not intentional. I love college hoops and it's history. I've always had a soft spot for Rutgers because, as a 10 year old kid, I was rooting for them when they got beat by Michigan in the Final 4. I didn't want IU to have to play Michigan for a 3rd time as Dick Enberg made it sound like an unlikely feat to beat a great Michigan team 3 times. I loved that Rutgers whipped the Bruins for 3rd place.

Anyway, I probably should have worded it better. Congrats again on the win.

**Edit** Memory failing me I guess.... I looked it up and it appears UCLA whipped Rutgers... long time ago! I don't think they televised the 3rd place game, but I liked Sellers and Eddie Jordan. They were a fun team to watch.

Last edited:
I think you dramatically over emphasize the importance to RU fans, of RUs dominance over Indiana. It’s not really that big of a deal. It’s become accepted fact. As an RU fan I expected a win. Indiana is soft. It’s just a bad match up for Indiana. It’s been this way for years.

Indiana hasn’t been a consistent top level team in the Big10 for a very long time

Everyone knows this. Except, it seems, Indiana fans who think it’s still 1984. Just fact.

I figured this would result in a ban. Sure enough. The Indiana fans are as SOFT as your team.
Well we won the B16 outright in 2016. Very long time? When was the last year RU won it? Or even came close?

• Haha
Reactions: RedTeam1994

I figured this would result in a ban. Sure enough. The Indiana fans are as SOFT as your team.
great first post Sure enough Rutgers and NJ is as pathetic and the asshole posters like you

• Haha
Reactions: RedTeam1994
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT