ADVERTISEMENT

Worst game managing coach I’ve ever seen

The guy you are talking about here is really Kane Wommack. He just went in to Stillwater and bitch slapped OSU to the tune of 33-7. He’s a winner. Along with DeBoer, they were the acting head coaches of those two teams.
OSU is not quite the program they were a few years ago … but indeed impressive, none the less, for G5 Sun Belt to beat P5 Big 12 anybody. Will OSU OU bedlam game continue when OU goes SEC …. Perhaps not.

TA the master of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Since day 1. 2020 an aberration. The number of TA apologists continues to amaze me.
Another dumb comment! Woohoo!

At what point in that game was victory ours? lol

Was it when we were 10 point underdogs?

Was it when we were behind 21-0?

Obviously we could have TIED the game, but I missed the guarantee that tying it would’ve given us a win.

Stick with the legit criticisms of Allen. There are many. Lose the overly dramatic exaggerations.

It keeps happening over and over and over again.

Good effort. Shit execution when needed. Horrible play calling at key times…(I think at times when Allen likely weighs in…after timeouts, etc). And then just epically bad clock management decisions. You call a timeout to come out and run a straightforward dive in to the teeth of their defense.

Probably not gonna need that timeout…

He’s so bad. Frustrating.
Agree that game management is pretty bad, but the worst problem I see is routinely not being mentally ready to play in games away from Bloomington. That seems to happen a lot. About 50% of the time it happens, the team turns things around mid-game, but it's almost always too little, too late.

No, he took over for a coach who had accusations leveled against him for one of the worst things a coach can do, abusing injured players.
It was an accusation that two separate investigations found no proof of . . . It also wasn’t corroborated by any assistant coach, including the defensive coordinator, who would’ve surely known if such practices were occurring.

It was an accusation that two separate investigations found no proof of . . . It also wasn’t corroborated by any assistant coach, including the defensive coordinator, who would’ve surely known if such practices were occurring.
Let’s be real here. Lots of things went into him being let go. Accumulative things. I’m sure those things didn’t get divulged completely and the handshake was all it took. I get it. The term used was philosophical differences.

Reactions: nichlee
Why'd he resign then?
Because it was made clear to him by his boss that he was going to be the fall guy for the accusations, regardless of whether they were proven or not. Who would want to remain in that sort of environment? Wilson was a guy with a ton of rough edges, but IU hired two law firms to unearth evidence that he circumvented protocols to make injured kids play before they were ready, and they turned up nothing to implicate KW or anyone else on our staff. But when you realize they’re looking for someone to blame (even if the investigations say you didn’t violate any standards), why hang around?

Oh yeah, accusations. He was a big meanie.
If it was your son what would you do? Every time a coach was accused or found to have abused injured players they have been fired, resigned etc…it only takes a witness and you are fooked. In this case it was 2 players.

If it was your son what would you do? Every time a coach was accused or found to have abused injured players they have been fired, resigned etc…it only takes a witness and you are fooked. In this case it was 2 players.
These players are grown men not children.

Reactions: indy1203
These players are grown men not children.
So what. You don’t do the things he’s accused of in any field. It’s not war. Would you go back to work if your boss called you a wimp because you have a concussion? How about hanging a gear box on crutches. It’s not an office job.

He’s still in a position of power and through gross negligence failed his duties. It doesn’t matter if they’re grown men or not.
Either grow a pair or come home to mommy and daddy. No one's forcing you to stay

So, the two investigations should be ignored, since neither supported the allegations?
Wilson apparently ignored them. Because he resigned. If there was no evidence or support for the claims, then Wilson should've just waited to be fired and collect the full payout he would have been due instead of whatever he ended up with.

Where there's smoke there's fire and as much as I like Wilson from a fan perspective, the water sprinklers were going off around that guy non-stop.

Wilson apparently ignored them. Because he resigned. If there was no evidence or support for the claims, then Wilson should've just waited to be fired and collect the full payout he would have been due instead of whatever he ended up with.

Where there's smoke there's fire and as much as I like Wilson from a fan perspective, the water sprinklers were going off around that guy non-stop.
So, guilty until proven innocent, or guilty even there’s no proof of guilt? Why would anyone choose to work amidst that environment? Wait to be fired for cause and then forced to bring suit to get paid, all while enduring the drumbeat of allegations? Somebody’s definitely blowing smoke, that’s for sure.

So, guilty until proven innocent, or guilty even there’s no proof of guilt? Why would anyone choose to work amidst that environment? Wait to be fired for cause and then forced to bring suit to get paid, all while enduring the drumbeat of allegations? Somebody’s definitely blowing smoke, that’s for sure.
You said there was no determination of him being guilty of anything after the investigations. So how was he guilty until proven innocent? You said he was ‘proven innocent’.

So you just walk away even though they gave you the chance at an investigation, it turned up nothing (supposedly) but you walk anyway? Even though you did NOTHING wrong???

You said there was no determination of him being guilty of anything after the investigations. So how was he guilty until proven innocent? You said he was ‘proven innocent’.

So you just walk away even though they gave you the chance at an investigation, it turned up nothing (supposedly) but you walk anyway? Even though you did NOTHING wrong???
I was poking fun at your extremely weak argument that “where there’s smoke, there’s fire”, even though two investigations didn’t attribute any smoke to him. And plenty of people walk when they realize that they’ll never be treated properly. Happens every day.

I was poking fun at your extremely weak argument that “where there’s smoke, there’s fire”, even though two investigations didn’t attribute any smoke to him. And plenty of people walk when they realize that they’ll never be treated properly. Happens every day.
Plenty of people get asked to leave when they’ve proven they don’t treat people well, Ordy.

• Haha
Reactions: Jackskip23
He’s still in a position of power and through gross negligence failed his duties. It doesn’t matter if they’re grown men or not.
As a parent of a (former) college athlete, this was a concern and the allegations from IU athletes under Wilson’s care are scary.

This on top of Everything else with the guy was more than enough reason to fire him.

This was a Resignation In Name Only.

Not our problem anymore

As a parent of a (former) college athlete, this was a concern and the allegations from IU athletes under Wilson’s care are scary.

This on top of Everything else with the guy was more than enough reason to fire him.

This was a Resignation In Name Only.

Not our problem anymore
Look at Leach. I believe he would’ve taken TT to a NC at some point but he had that same attitude and transgressions as Wilson. Narcissistic behavior always rears its ugly head.

• Wow
Reactions: Jackskip23
Why do you believe guilty until proven innocent makes sense? And why won’t you address the two investigations that found he did nothing wrong?
I never said that Ordy. Your boy KW was the one that walked away after the investigation ’cleared him’. Quit putting words in my mouth.

Perplexing that he ended up walking away right? Innocent and all.
Not really perplexing at all. Leadership matters, and it obviously mattered to him. RMK often said he should’ve walked away from IU sooner; he had issues with our leadership, too..

Look at Leach. I believe he would’ve taken TT to a NC at some point but he had that same attitude and transgressions as Wilson. Narcissistic behavior always rears its ugly head.
I really can’t add much on that situation and won’t pretend

Agree that game management is pretty bad, but the worst problem I see is routinely not being mentally ready to play in games away from Bloomington. That seems to happen a lot. About 50% of the time it happens, the team turns things around mid-game, but it's almost always too little, too late.
After the first half, I started to feel that I didn't care if I watch the games going forward. Didn't want to feel that way, but what can you do? Three, four hours on a beautiful fall Saturday is a lot of time.

After the first half, I started to feel that I didn't care if I watch the games going forward. Didn't want to feel that way, but what can you do? Three, four hours on a beautiful fall Saturday is a lot of time.
Allen needs to desperately start winning the toss-up games. Louisville was certainly a toss-up game that Indiana could've won had they been ready in the 1st half.

To drum up interest and to keep his job, beating Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue and MSU would go a LONG way....Losing these types of games plunges overall interest.

Allen needs to desperately start winning the toss-up games. Louisville was certainly a toss-up game that Indiana could've won had they been ready in the 1st half.

To drum up interest and to keep his job, beating Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue and MSU would go a LONG way....Losing these types of games plunges overall interest.

I firmly believe this is his last season.
Others said “barring a disaster.”

2-3 wins will be a disaster season and that’s likely what he’s looking at. I just don’t see a recovery by Allen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT