ADVERTISEMENT

Winning with about 60% of our starters/team

Mar 14, 2015
Great win today. Have to admit the ‘farmers’ have a pretty good team but we were better today and that is what matters.

Just have to point out that we are playing without a starting guard and a key big - reserve, and one starter who appears to be playing on less than 2 legs. (X, Geronimo, and Race)

Yet we still get the W.

Where would most other Big Ten teams be this year if they played every conference game so far with at least one or usually 2 starters, and some reserves, out due to injury in conference play?

Really think the team and coaches have done well through the adversity.

Last edited:
Great win today. Have to admit the ‘farmers’ have a pretty good team but we were better today and that is what matters.

Just have to point out that we are playing without a starting guard and a key big - reserve, and one starter who appears to be playing on less than 2 legs. (X, Geronimo, and Race)

Yet we still get the W.

Where would most other Big Ten teams be this year if they played ecery conference game so far with at least one or usually 2 starters out due to injury in conference play?

We have certainly been bitten this year by injuries. That has cost us at least 2-3 games this year. But we have done a good job overcoming them. This team is growing up and we have some very promising young talent. I feel better about this team more and more. Go Hoosiers!

Yet we still get the W.

Where would most other Big Ten teams be this year if they played every conference game so far with at least one or usually 2 starters, and some reserves, out due to injury in conference play?

I agree. Woody has really shown the ability to coach and adjust this year. I don’t know how long Woody plans on coaching but I love the types of players he seems to be going after and love the style of ball we are playing. Love our future!

No shit. Already down 2 1/2 meaningful players and one less meaningful reserve...cannot afford to lose the BTFOTY as well.
It did make Hoosier hearts skip a beat. The thing most positive with Xavier being out, Hood builds sustaining confidence. Also he and Trey work damn good together. If/when X gets back to full time does Trey's overall heady play drive Kopp to the bench?

Reactions: mk20
No shit. Already down 2 1/2 meaningful players and one less meaningful reserve...cannot afford to lose the BTFOTY as well.
Been a tough year for injuries for sure. Hope Race can be back close to 100% by tourney time. JG seemed to be doing much better with his enthusiasm going into the locker room at halftime. And maybe X can help during a tourney run, but I have to guess he won’t be able to provide positive contributions the rest of this year. Maybe I will be proven wrong there…

Some of the injuries have given time for others. When Durr departed, many thought “how will we stop Edey?” The answer to be honest is we really didn’t offensively, but having Malik in there ready to play helped. Geronimo out? Banks playing some really solid minutes. X out? Fino has had to step up and he has. (A reminder he is a Freshman -hard to believe. We had a 5* who’d been a Junior now who didn’t pan out - not to sound disrespectful towardLander at all but Fino was a 4\5* - which is no guarantee he’d step in at such a high level) any more successfully as Kristian). Trayce has played through a back injury too. Let’s hope injuries continue to heal and we’re rolling in a month.

X being out is addition by subtraction. JHS is superior in just about every respect and would be left idle if that ball dominant clown was still getting 30+ minutes a night.

Reactions: tkejones
X being out is addition by subtraction. JHS is superior in just about every respect and would be left idle if that ball dominant clown was still getting 30+ minutes a night.
It is not addition by subtraction. We are a better team with X playing. With healthy X and healthy Race, we would be title contenders.

Reactions: asindc
X is a defensive dog; he and Fino working together on offense sets IU apart from other good teams. They are NOT better off with X out, and that premise is absurd.

Reactions: asindc and B1G_Fan
Boy. I was making my bones on this board when you were still going through those cunty teenage years that you apparently never grew out of.

I was here long before that overgrown, weirdo moderator @Cavanagh patrolled this place and I’ll be here long after he summarily gets busted for pedophilia and date rape and has to abandon the post.

You little pissant. Walk away.

Stay classy San Diego.

You win, FartLarva. This may well be the dumbest post of the season. Take a lap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT