ADVERTISEMENT

Will 9 days rest hurt St. Mary’s?

It does seem Iike a longer layover is worse than short rest.
possibly. There are always tournament jitters and it's almost a proven fact when you look at the results some of the First Four teams have had in the past. Based on their seeds, they shouldn't really make a Sweet 16, but didn't UCLA make a F4 last year? I think there have also been some E8s too. I feel good about our having a game under our belt, if it weren't for the awful travel.

possibly. There are always tournament jitters and it's almost a proven fact when you look at the results some of the First Four teams have had in the past. Based on their seeds, they shouldn't really make a Sweet 16, but didn't UCLA make a F4 last year? I think there have also been some E8s too. I feel good about our having a game under our belt, if it weren't for the awful travel.
Do you think some of the IU players had jitters last night? I was thinking about this and wondered how many of these guys have ever been to a tourney? Perhaps the transfers were in the NCAA Tourney but I am unaware that they were for sure.

Do you think some of the IU players had jitters last night? I was thinking about this and wondered how many of these guys have ever been to a tourney? Perhaps the transfers were in the NCAA Tourney but I am unaware that they were for sure.
I think it was pretty obvious they had jitters, Race in particular.

I don't think the travel is as much of a hinderance as they make it out to be. They will have had 34hrs in Portland before tip-off so plenty of time to get sleep and feel ready to go. It's the 5th game in 8 days that will have a legitimate impact. The hope is we can start off well and give ourselves some cushion early while St. Mary's is nervous. If we do that, both teams like to take the air out of the ball and play slow which could help us out as well.

I think it was pretty obvious they had jitters, Race in particular.
X I thought seemed a little tight and hyped. He didn’t play poorly, but certainly could use a better outing from him the next games if we want Ws. Glad to get that first game out of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT