ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Penix so highly regarded on this board?

Let’s hope Penix’s predisposition for interceptions in game 1 doesn’t become his season long Achilles heel, only because there is no Achilles arm.
Only 1 int was from bad decision. The second one his reciever was open but broke in when it looked like he should have broke out.

Sticking to the title of this thread. Penix showed why he is so highly regarded on this board.

Only 1 int was from bad decision. The second one his reciever was open but broke in when it looked like he should have broke out.

Sticking to the title of this thread. Penix showed why he is so highly regarded on this board.
I was impressed with the man in charge. He seemed very comfortable. That said, I think it would be a good idea to insert a different QB every now and then, just to mix things up for the defense a little bit, especially after teams have had a chance to learn more of his tendencies, good and bad.

Reactions: 82hoosier and DANC
Let’s hope Penix’s predisposition for interceptions in game 1 doesn’t become his season long Achilles heel, only because there is no Achilles arm.
I think the one int he had that he is responsible for, was a young man with minimal college experience thinking he could fit the ball in there off the strength of his arm. The Ball State guy made a good play on the ball. It shouldn’t have been thrown. Hopefully, he learns from that. I read where he threw less than 10 int’s his entire high school career. Coming from Florida that is saying something. He is accustom to overpowering the defenders with his arm. Hopefully he can make the adjustment to College ball.

Did anyone bother to review Ramsey's INTs to see whether they were his fault or not?

No, it all went on him, just as it does on the stats for everyone. All I've heard all off season is how many INTs Ramsey threw. Well, guess what - Penix is on a path to outdo him.

I'm all for starting Penix if that's what the OC wants. I'm also OK with Ramsey, if it comes to that. But let's compare apples to apples.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
I was impressed with the man in charge. He seemed very comfortable. That said, I think it would be a good idea to insert a different QB every now and then, just to mix things up for the defense a little bit, especially after teams have had a chance to learn more of his tendencies, good and bad.
I know we don't want Penix to get hurt, but our Offense came alive when he scrambled and broke down the Defense. BSU was laying back, not accounting for him running. It was very effective and Ramsey is a very good runner. I like your idea of a changeup every now and then, but coaches don't think like that, I'm afraid. Might hurt the starting QBs fragile ego. lol (not saying Penix has a fragile ego - just a general perception of QBs)

I was surprised neither Ramsey nor Tuttle even had a headset or clipboard. I find it odd they weren't more involved in the play-calling.

Speaking of rushing QBs purdue didnt even finish with 100 yards rushing. Nevada had no fear of sindelar running and no fear that their offensive line could block well enough to run without a QB. Looks like a long season for purdue if all they can do is pass

Speaking of rushing QBs purdue didnt even finish with 100 yards rushing. Nevada had no fear of sindelar running and no fear that their offensive line could block well enough to run without a QB. Looks like a long season for purdue if all they can do is pass
Purdue’s strategy is “get the ball in the hands of Rondale and watch him run”. What’s the NFL thought on him? Surely he’ll go pro after this season or is this just wishful thinking from the opposition?

Did anyone bother to review Ramsey's INTs to see whether they were his fault or not?

No, it all went on him, just as it does on the stats for everyone. All I've heard all off season is how many INTs Ramsey threw. Well, guess what - Penix is on a path to outdo him.

I'm all for starting Penix if that's what the OC wants. I'm also OK with Ramsey, if it comes to that. But let's compare apples to apples.
1st start vs 2 year starter.... wanna lay a bet on int’s?

Reactions: Indianaftw

I had to watch CNN this weekend at a family members house. I learned something that applies to the Ramsey/Penix issue. Let’s see if what CNN deploys works here.... is the only difference between the two QBs in your guys eyes color? Maybe that is the issue?

It’s a little early to start charting a trend line. Penix is much better than Ramsey.

Purdue’s strategy is “get the ball in the hands of Rondale and watch him run”. What’s the NFL thought on him? Surely he’ll go pro after this season or is this just wishful thinking from the opposition?

He cant go pro after this year but will be eligible after next year.

Reactions: abraxis
I had to watch CNN this weekend at a family members house. I learned something that applies to the Ramsey/Penix issue. Let’s see if what CNN deploys works here.... is the only difference between the two QBs in your guys eyes color? Maybe that is the issue?
Why didn't you change the channel?

Someone here thought it was the “fresh face” thing, not the flesh of his face thing.

If you're implying it's a race issue, I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore now.

If you're implying it's a race issue, I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore now.
DANC i shouldn’t have wrote that responding to you. It wasn’t intended to be directed at you. It wasn’t.....
I was being facetious.... it wasn’t being implied... I was being pretty direct. But it wasn’t about you it was a flippant response to people in the thread suggesting Penix wasn’t any better than Ramsey starting...

DANC i shouldn’t have wrote that responding to you. It wasn’t intended to be directed at you. It wasn’t.....
I was being facetious.... it wasn’t being implied... I was being pretty direct. But it wasn’t about you it was a flippant response to people in the thread suggesting Penix wasn’t any better than Ramsey starting...
OK, gotcha. I love Penix and his potential. I was just pointing out that we need to look at the entire QB picture.

I think, with his running ability, Ramsey would have chewed up BSU. But so did Penix, when they decided to let him improvise. They're both good QBs - Ramsey is not as bad as some make him out to be, and all I was doing was pointing out that comparisons are tricky. One player may be better suited to play one team and another might be better for another.

But, for the record, I'm 100% behind Penix as starter. Until he loses. lol (that's a joke)

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT