ADVERTISEMENT

The 2024 Schedule

SixthFlagComing

Freshman
Dec 15, 2012

Unfortunately, I assume CTA and some portion of his gaggle of misfit coaches will be back for the 2024 season. I thought doing away with the B1G divisions next year might be a good thing for IU, but if you look at it, it may actually be worse:

- (Same as it has been) 2 guaranteed losses against OSU and Mich
- (New and Worse) 2 guaranteed losses in games against Washington and UCLA replacing Penn St and Rutgers
- (Same as it has been) 2 probable losses against Maryland, Mich St from current same division
- (Same as it has been) 2 probable losses against West division teams - Northwestern and Nebraska
- (New and Better) 3 non-conference patsies that we should win.
- (Same as it has been) The "whatever" game against Purdue

For a program that has won, what, two conference games in three years, it's no easier to find six wins in that schedule than it has been in the past.

Go Hoosiers!

Unfortunately, I assume CTA and some portion of his gaggle of misfit coaches will be back for the 2024 season. I thought doing away with the B1G divisions next year might be a good thing for IU, but if you look at it, it may actually be worse:

- (New and Worse) 2 guaranteed losses in games against Washington and UCLA replacing Penn St and Rutgers
- (Same as it has been) 2 probable losses against Maryland, Mich St from current same division
- (Same as it has been) 2 probable losses against West division teams - Northwestern and Nebraska

For a program that has won, what, two conference games in three years, it's no easier to find six wins in that schedule than it has been in the past.

Go Hoosiers!
That's the spirit

If they lose these last two games no way TA can survive for another year.

Reactions: td75
Wow, they only leave Bloomington 4 times??? Looks like a basketball schedule that our friends across the parking lot are familiar with!!

I was a freshman in 1967 when we went to the 1968 Rose Bowl. For personal reasons my mother didn't want me to go, so I didn't. Figured i'd go the next time IU went to the Rose Bowl. We know how that worked out. But next year I'm going to the Rose Bowl on September 14, 2024. It may not be quite the same as THE Rose Bowl game, but it's still the Rose Bowl. I learned not pass up the opportunity.

Go Hoosiers!
This seems like a fair and balanced post

Good point. No one would be dumb enough to create a second buy out. If we buy out Allen we now would have to buy out Carey.
Right?
So we have Allen for 2024 and 0 to 1 win in the big ten.
I don’t think Carey’s deal has any influence whatsoever as to whether we keep Allen. It is a complete non-factor.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
I was referring to their mindset. Just outside looking in, it appears as though they are planning to run it back one more year with those contract terms.
Could very well be the case. Lots of apathy surrounding the program so, like some on this board, there are people within the University who aren’t really disturbed by where we are.

Go Hoosiers!
Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Scotty Basketball is going to pull a page out of the Fred Glass “Athletic Directors For Dummies” guide that he keeps in the office.

Fred once stated that “it’s time that contracts mean something again.” That one is in Chapter 7. Dolson will not only keep Allen, he’ll keep him the duration of the full contract through 2026 as a show that IU honors contracts (at least in the sports where fans and alums don’t demand excellence).
Dolson will then grant Mike Woodson another $1 million raise by making the Big10 Tournament and finishing 9th place.
Tom will remain in place for 3 more seasons. Fans will just need to get on board with this.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
Washington wont be as good next year as this season because they’ll lose quite a few players to the NFL! That being said, they’ll still probly blow IU out easily. If IU were to play the Penix led Huskies, I’m sure MP would put up 100pts on this defense…by halftime!

Washington wont be as good next year as this season because they’ll lose quite a few players to the NFL! That being said, they’ll still probly blow IU out easily. If IU were to play the Penix led Huskies, I’m sure MP would put up 100pts on this defense…by halftime!
Don't forget that coach DeBoer took a bad offense/team and won more than ten games the first year. They are recruiting well and coach DeBoer knows how to get the most out of his players.

Reactions: wibler and midwolfe
Without Penix (if he's gone), and a couple of the receivers, they'll probably be similar to a Maryland type team. They'll still have more talent than IU, and DeBoer is a lot better coach than ours is.

If we simply "run it back" next year with the exact same staff...I think we'd probably win 4-5 games. All the non conf games, and we'd sneak a win or two in the B10.

If we keep our current offensive staff, and we're able to upgrade the Defense and Special teams staff, I'd say we'll push for a bowl game next year.

Reactions: midwolfe and DANC
I knew the Hoosiers were screwed in last year's Illinois game when Bell called 29 running plays that netted 32 yards. And then on the following Monday Tom Allen said something to the effect that the more he thought about it he wished he had gone away from the run earlier.

I knew the Hoosiers were screwed in last year's Illinois game when Bell called 29 running plays that netted 32 yards. And then on the following Monday Tom Allen said something to the effect that the more he thought about it he wished he had gone away from the run earlier.
In last year's Illinois game they won?

The only thing I will say about next year and the schedule 8 home games is the most Indiana has ever hosted in my lifetime in one season. I am not willing to everything sorts itself out through May what might be a way to early prediction for next year.

The only thing I will say about next year and the schedule 8 home games is the most Indiana has ever hosted in my lifetime in one season. I am not willing to everything sorts itself out through May what might be a way to early prediction for next year.
Do your parents know you're posting on the internet during school?

He might. Dolson may need some backing from the BOT of POTU to get it done
If he can't nut up and beat a terrible Michigan State bunch at home, then Dolson better find the $$$ and can him. MSU is in complete debacle mode.....

Frankly, he needs to win these last two games to have even a lick of momentum going into next year.

Indiana is playing well enough that a competent head man wins the Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU, and Purdue games to close out the season. Sorsby's growth alone, gives them an adequate shot at winning games. QB play is critical. Allen blew it last Saturday against a backup player!

If he can't nut up and beat a terrible Michigan State bunch at home, then Dolson better find the $$$ and can him. MSU is in complete debacle mode.....

Frankly, he needs to win these last two games to have even a lick of momentum going into next year.

Indiana is playing well enough that a competent head man wins the Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU, and Purdue games to close out the season. Sorsby's growth alone, gives them an adequate shot at winning games. QB play is critical. Allen blew it last Saturday against a backup player!
If Dolson moves on Allen, it would implicitly be accomplished with the blessing / approval of the Trustees and the President. We’ve had enough leadership challenges there for him to realize that he (Dolson) could never act unilaterally.

Last edited:
Reactions: midwolfe
If Dolson moves on Allen, it would implicitly be accomplished with the blessing / approval of the Trustees and the President. We’ve had enough leadership challenges there for him to realize that he (Dolson) could never act unilaterally.
I'm sure you're correct, no arguments from me about that. That said, it would possibly make it less likely to can him given what you proposed.

Interesting question with lots of potential influences that none of us here know.

On one hand Scott moved on Archie during covid financial losses and a new POTU coming in, when absolutely no one thought he would. That said:

It was basketball
The buyout was half what this is (prvately funded)
The new POTU was not yet in her seat.

Did he run it by the BOT? Perhaps. His former boss needed a BOT backer to get Crean done so this is not uncharted territory.

In this situation the money is $20MM (privately funded)
PW is in her seat.
Doing nothing has it's own opportunity costs

I suspect if he has the money, he will still run it past his Boss as you or i would, and he better have a plan inplace for a search.

To your other points, I agree the team is playing well enough to beat Ill, MSu and PUke if the coaches don't step on their own Johnsons as we say last Sat.

Going to be fascinating to watch. Scott is a much tougher hombre than most fans understand and rivals want to admit.

In fairness to Allen (and Indiana has been overly fair to Allen) next year's schedule is ridiculous. Almost all of those teams are more talented than IU and would be upsets if we won the game. Indiana's goal should be the get to the head of the pack of the teams that are in their league (Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland). The problem is there are too many teams that they play that would be major upsets to beat. Winning five games is going to be tough no matter who the coach is. It's a ridiculous schedule. Michigan's is also crazy difficult. They want be running the table any more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT