ADVERTISEMENT

Who is paying for Hunter's paintings?

I don't recall him caring about who stayed at trump's hotels the last 4 years

the Pubs don't care about Pub wrongdoing, and the Dems don't care about Dem wrongdoing.

the same for the respective Pub and Dem media propaganda machines.

until they do, zero reason for the wrongdoers to stop doing wrong.

in a system where each side passes out get out of jail free cards at will, only Pubs can stop Pub wrongdoing and corruption, and only Dems can stop Dem wrongdoing and corruption.

and when corruption is rampant and legal on both sides, in fact often a qualifier for office in a bribery based plutocracy where the non corrupt are of no use to the plutocracy, what incentive is there for the corrupt to crack down on corruption.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Because it gives the appearance of impropriety. Joe has enough on his plate than to give the shit heads more ammunition.
Now I'm in front of a real keyboard, let me add a couple of things.

First, I'm not sure the appearance of impropriety with Hunter is going to make much of a difference. I really doubt the obstructionists in the Senate are going to say, "Well, now that Hunter has retired off into the sunset, I think we can actually work with this President."

But also, I'm not convinced this even should be the appearance of impropriety. Forget about the fact that Hunter has a long history of being a very unlovable douche, and consider this situation:

You're starting to get old. You've had a life filled with mistakes and regret. You were never as talented and successful as your brother, and everyone knows it. Your family also endured a number of tragedies. Through all this (and perhaps because of it), you made some really bad choices, and some really weird, creepy ones, too. Finally, you're starting to settle down and get your life in order, and you've decided to change directions and find a new calling. Amazingly, you pick art, and even more amazingly, you discover you're actually good at it!

Unfortunately, just as you're getting started on this new journey, your decrepit old man, who long ago should have retired and spent his days watching Simon & Simon reruns, decides to run for President. Even worse, he wins. You probably start history's most depressing pen pal exchange with Melania Trump. But now, because of dad, eyes are back on you, and everyone questions every dollar you make. You're not interested in government or power, anymore. You just want to paint. Just as you're heading into the twilight of your adulthood, just as you've found this new passion and skill, you're supposed to drop it all because Pops had too many Metamucils one morning and decided he should run the free world?

Long story short, as long as Hunter keeps his greasy fingers off my government, I don't care what he does. If anything, I hope he makes a crap ton of money from his art, just because it will piss people off, and that will amuse me.

You dount he has much influence? Biden has already been caught in a lie about not knowing about his Hunter's business dealings.

On Hunter's laptop, and from his business partner, the "Big Guy" was to be given 10% of everything Hunter made from his foreign payments.

JC, Trump was impeached because of a bogus dossier and mere rumors. In this case, Joe is caught in a lie and nothing happens and yes, this was when he was VP.

Do you know what happens when you lie on a federal gun application? You are supposed to be charged with a felony? Not Hunter, who lied on his application when he said he was not doing drugs.

Your double standard for Biden and Trump is obvious. All the faux outrage about Trump was just that - fake. You don't give 2 shits about corruption if it's in your party.
So the bad things said about Trump were all bogus rumors, but you take what a single person claims about supposed emails on Hunter's laptop as gospel? And you dare accuse others of a double standard?

Go read my previous posts. You won't find a double standard. I didn't give a shit what Barron did, either. I barely gave a shit what Ivanka and Don, Jr. did. Maybe a small, tiny shit, because they involved themselves in the administration. If you're going to get all high and mighty about peddling influence, you had better show us all the times you took Ivanka to task for her Chinese patents.

My guess is you'll be unable to point us to those times. But, unlike you, I don't form every single one of my opinions based on partisan membership. You won't find me attacking Ivanka for her patents, because I didn't really give a shit about them. Just like I don't give a shit about Hunter's art.

So the bad things said about Trump were all bogus rumors, but you take what a single person claims about supposed emails on Hunter's laptop as gospel? And you dare accuse others of a double standard?

Go read my previous posts. You won't find a double standard. I didn't give a shit what Barron did, either. I barely gave a shit what Ivanka and Don, Jr. did. Maybe a small, tiny shit, because they involved themselves in the administration. If you're going to get all high and mighty about peddling influence, you had better show us all the times you took Ivanka to task for her Chinese patents.

My guess is you'll be unable to point us to those times. But, unlike you, I don't form every single one of my opinions based on partisan membership. You won't find me attacking Ivanka for her patents, because I didn't really give a shit about them. Just like I don't give a shit about Hunter's art.
Eli straighten up!

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC

that you're either mentally or politically incapable of connecting the kids' windfalls with the corruption of the fathers and the system, doesn't buy you any credibility on anything else you say.

must suck to not be free to speak truth, even when you know the truth.

no doubt Rachel and Tucker both know of what i speak.

that said, they have a lot more incentive to abandon their standards and ideals than do you.

you and far too many others come way too cheap.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
that you're either mentally or politically incapable of connecting the kids' windfalls with the corruption of the fathers and the system, doesn't buy you any credibility on anything else you say.

that said, they have a lot more incentive to abandon their standards and ideals than do you.

you are capable of much better.
You need to practice your reading skills. I have no problem connecting the kids' windfalls to their dads. I'm not going to assume that the connection involves corruption on the dads' parts, like you do, although I am willing to accept "corruption of the system" as a fairly accurate framing of the situation.

Of course Ivanka got her patents more easily because of whose daughter she is. Of course there are at least some people who only like Hunter's art because of whose son he is. That's inescapable.

But that alone isn't enough for me to give a shit about it. People make money off the name they were born into all the time. It's not fair, but it's the world.

I’ll give you a tip of the cap. You go after both sides when we purposely have our heads in the sand.

I’ll give you a tip of the cap. You go after both sides when we purposely have our heads in the sand.
Sir, I would challenge you to explain - without resorting to the insults that DANC and Cray require to cover their inability - how I have my head in the sand at all, here. Please refer only to what I have actually said, and not to what you assume I might say or might have said.

You need to practice your reading skills. I have no problem connecting the kids' windfalls to their dads. I'm not going to assume that the connection involves corruption on the dads' parts, like you do, although I am willing to accept "corruption of the system" as a fairly accurate framing of the situation.

Of course Ivanka got her patents more easily because of whose daughter she is. Of course there are at least some people who only like Hunter's art because of whose son he is. That's inescapable.

But that alone isn't enough for me to give a shit about it. People make money off the name they were born into all the time. It's not fair, but it's the world.

"I'm not going to assume that the connection involves corruption on the dads' parts, like you do,"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

absent the corruption of the fathers, the ability to monetize the fathers' office by the kids goes away.

obviously those shelling out the money are less naive, or disingenuous, than you.

that said, while Joe is far more comfortable laundering the bribes through Hunter and Joe's brother, the Donald does seem to prefer payment be laundered directly through his corporate maze.

the Clintons, being out of office, are more than fine with the differed bribe payouts just going directly to them.

same with Reagan, who took a million for one speech from Japan after office, in differed quid pro quo payment.

Dude. It wasn't a 'single person'.

But hey, I understand you don't comprehend what is happening because it's not being covered in any news outlets you watch or read.

You need to get out more.

And you don't attack Ivanka because she didn't break any laws.

• Haha
Sir, I would challenge you to explain - without resorting to the insults that DANC and Cray require to cover their inability - how I have my head in the sand at all, here. Please refer only to what I have actually said, and not to what you assume I might say or might have said.
I’ve not insulted you. You know this stinks to high heaven. You would care if it was going on in the other party.

And you don't attack Ivanka because she didn't break any laws.

well, none we know of yet, but i'm guessing her taxes say differently.

that said, the beauty of our totally corrupt system, is that the corruption has all been legalized by the legislatures and blessed by the courts..

one of the perks of corrupting the legislatures and the courts.

the legislatures were forced into it, the courts far less so.

thus our highest judges are most to blame.

that said, the beauty of our totally corrupt system, is that the corruption has all been legalized by the legislatures and blessed by the courts..

Congratulations - you are parroting the Democrat line about Trump.

"We know he's guilty, we just can't prove it yet"

But, of course, you're totally objective.

• Haha

Why would you assume her taxes say differently? Why would you assume people shoot their middle finger at the IRS and commit fraud?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Congratulations - you are parroting the Democrat line about Trump.

"We know he's guilty, we just can't prove it yet"

But, of course, you're totally objective.

dude, i knew Trump was cheating on taxes before he even ran for office, or i really knew his politics, and said so on this very forum with the warning that he therefore shouldn't shine a spotlight on himself by running for prez.

the country really needed someone to run for prez that could transcend the parties themselves, and their corp media, and the money behind the parties.

i find it tragic that the only one capable of such is such a vile human being, and so indebted that he can't be his own man even if he wanted to.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
dude, i knew Trump was cheating on taxes before he even ran for office, or i really knew his politics, and said so on this very forum with the warning that he therefore shouldn't shine a spotlight on himself by running for prez.

the country really needed someone to run for prez that could transcend the parties themselves, and their corp media, and the money behind the parties.

i find it tragic that the only one capable of such is such a vile human being, and so indebted that he can't be his own man even if he wanted to.
I don’t think a man or woman exists that can transcend the parties.

The media won’t allow it and most of this country only gets their information from MSM.

Makes me sad because I believe there are enough in the middle to elect such person.

Why would you assume her taxes say differently? Why would you assume people shoot their middle finger at the IRS and commit fraud?

not sure if that was a rhetorical question or not, but she's already been outed in the press that she was receiving large consulting fees from the Trump organization, while at the same time being a highly paid employee of the company.

you don't generally pay consulting fees to your high paid employees, and tax implications would be the first thing that comes to mind in doing so.

that said, i said "im guessing her taxes say differently."

not that it's an absolute they do.

that said, i'm guessing her taxes say differently.

I’ve not insulted you. You know this stinks to high heaven. You would care if it was going on in the other party.
I did not accuse you of insulting me. I was just imploring you to avoid the road others in this thread have found themselves on.

Nevertheless, I am disappointed that you could come up with nothing more than an assumption about me. As I said before, I challenge you to point to what I have actually said that would suggest I have my head in the sand.

I don’t think a man or woman exists that can transcend the parties.

The media won’t allow it and most of this country only gets their information from MSM.

Makes me sad because I believe there are enough in the middle to elect such person.

forget "the left", "the middle", "the right".

they are just tools to make you prejudge and align.

take every issue on it's own merit, and don't attach labels to your positions.

as for the MSM, they created and got Trump elected in the first place.

had the corptocracy media feared him as they feared Bernie, that absolutely wouldn't have happened.

and the Pub MSM are just as much the MSM as the Dem MSM.

you can win with only one side of the MSM in your corner, as the last 2 elections obviously show.

you can't win if both sides of the MSM are against you.

I did not accuse you of insulting me. I was just imploring you to avoid the road others in this thread have found themselves on.

Nevertheless, I am disappointed that you could come up with nothing more than an assumption about me. As I said before, I challenge you to point to what I have actually said that would suggest I have my head in the sand.
You’ve said “why should you care about Hunter”. You know you should care about his grifting and disguised influence peddling through the sales of paintings for as much as 1/2 million dollars. It’s a cop out to say he has no position in the government. Even if it doesn’t affect the president you and the president should care about the appearance of impropriety.

The president doesn’t care either because he’s okay with possible influence peddling and or he’s okay with grifting by his drug bum son because he can’t make a legitimate living.

Reactions: Crayfish57
not sure if that was a rhetorical question or not, but she's already been outed in the press that she was receiving large consulting fees from the Trump organization, while at the same time being a highly paid employee of the company.

you don't generally pay consulting fees to your high paid employees, and tax implications would be the first thing that comes to mind in doing so.

that said, i said "im guessing her taxes say differently."

not that it's an absolute they do.

that said, i'm guessing her taxes say differently.
If she was paid consulting fees, are you saying she didn’t report them on her tax return? That would be fraud not to report the income. I don’t believe there’s any way she didn’t report the income no matter how it was classified by the Trump companies.

Now it’s a different matter for the company paying her and classifying some compensation as W-2 wages and other as 1099 contract pay for consulting.

I’ve had insurance companies pay an employee wages for their clerical job for the company and 1099 commissions for any insurance they sell for the company. I always make them withhold taxes and treat the commissions as additional wages.

I’ve had individual clients in this situation and where I don’t do the employers work. On the individual return we simply report the 1099 commissions as self employment income and pay the appropriate taxes. I bet the Trump kid did the exact same thing if they received consulting fees paid as 1099 income.

It's not partisan to point out that none of you are answering the question. Nor does it highlight any sort of creed, unless you think it's a creed to expect people to be able to justify their statements.
Hey....Congrats on finally understanding the meaning of the word creed. Took you a while but I accept your apology after your previous creed "education" meltdown. Glad I could help.

You’ve said “why should you care about Hunter”. You know you should care about his grifting and disguised influence peddling through the sales of paintings for as much as 1/2 million dollars. It’s a cop out to say he has no position in the government. Even if it doesn’t affect the president you and the president should care about the appearance of impropriety.

The president doesn’t care either because he’s okay with possible influence peddling and or he’s okay with grifting by his drug bum son because he can’t make a legitimate living.
I already answered the appearance of impropriety issue. The rest of your post is baseless assumption.

• Haha
I really doubt Hunter has much influence over Joe. Even if he did, I don't see what could be done about it.

Now, if Hunter were actually placed in an official advisory role, then I might find people overpaying for his shitty drawings a bit more interesting. But as far as I know, he's taking no part in the operations of the administration.
As I far as I know, his father isn't either. Puppet Joe.

And you didn't care when it was your party. Pot meet kettle. Yet Hunter holds no position within the democrat party, unlike trump's family of nepotism who all got administration positions.

• Haha
the Pubs don't care about Pub wrongdoing, and the Dems don't care about Dem wrongdoing.

the same for the respective Pub and Dem media propaganda machines.

until they do, zero reason for the wrongdoers to stop doing wrong.

in a system where each side passes out get out of jail free cards at will, only Pubs can stop Pub wrongdoing and corruption, and only Dems can stop Dem wrongdoing and corruption.
And neither side nor their supporters consider anything their side is doing as wrongdoing .... always try to justify it someway.

And neither side nor their supporters consider anything their side is doing as wrongdoing .... always try to justify it someway.
That's just plain not true. Plenty of us are capable and willing to criticize our own side. Maybe you "always" justify your team, but don't project that on everyone else.

• Haha
Bullshit.... both sides always try to justify what they've done.... you included.

Do you think Hunter selling paintings is at all comparable to Trump funneling foreign dignitaries (and others that were there to procure favors) to his hotels that were priced higher than market value? For anyone that did not have an issue with Trump's business dealings, trying to bring up Hunter (who isn't even president), is a bit laughable.

For as partisan as you and others claim I am, I didn't defend Cuomo or Al Franken when their shit hit the wall.

Nonsense. I challenge you to back up that claim. Stoll already failed a similar attempt. See if you can do better.
Stoll failed in your opinion and probably those on your side. In my opinion I didn’t. You don’t give a shit what the president’s son is doing. Period.

Stoll failed in your opinion and probably those on your side. In my opinion I didn’t. You don’t give a shit what the president’s son is doing. Period.

You didn't give a shit about what Trump or anyone in his family did for the last 4 years.

Hunter has absolutely no position in the administration, which is unlike pretty much the entire Trump family outside of Baron who were given positions in the White House during the past administration.

• Haha
forget "the left", "the middle", "the right".

they are just tools to make you prejudge and align.

take every issue on it's own merit, and don't attach labels to your positions.

as for the MSM, they created and got Trump elected in the first place.

had the corptocracy media feared him as they feared Bernie, that absolutely wouldn't have happened.

and the Pub MSM are just as much the MSM as the Dem MSM.

you can win with only one side of the MSM in your corner, as the last 2 elections obviously show.

you can't win if both sides of the MSM are against you.
So easy to sit back and point out the faults in everyone else.

What's your platform, Ghandi?

You didn't give a shit about what Trump or anyone in his family did for the last 4 years.

Hunter has absolutely no position in the administration, which is unlike pretty much the entire Trump family outside of Baron who were given positions in the White House during the past administration.
He's providing kickbacks to the President. That's his position, and it's right in front of you partisan eyes.

All you do is whine about Trum Trump Trump and you're absolutely blind to what any Democrat does.

The President cares enough about it to hide the identity of the 'buyers'.

That should tell any normal person something, but not the gullible here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT