ADVERTISEMENT

What about a water cooler battle royal

I understand your pain.

My youngest daughter loves candy, to the point she'll spend some of her allowance on it every week.

Last night, she bought herself some milk duds. My wife sees her grab the box and tells her not to eat them all.

That little shit, without missing a beat, looks at her and says with a straight face, I can make no such promises.

I got a death stare.
You want to see some fights. At least every other fri a full scale fist fight will bust out at the soccer dome. Two sessions ago the ref had four broken ribs. Got thrown over the office desk

The place I used to play served beer.

Think on that for a second.
Oh so does ours. Pitchers. That’s half their revenue. I personally have been in three fistfights in the last five years there. And get this. No slide tackling AND you can’t do anything from behind. Guy has his back to you and in slo mo you barely toe poke the ball getting all ball. Foul. Strictly enforced. But people still lose their shit

Outdoor is no slidetackling too

• Wow
Reactions: DANC and larsIU
I've always wanted to channel my inner Macho Man

Macho Man Deal With It GIF
Don't we miss Macho Man. "Art Thou Bored? Snap into a slim jim".

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I could see a pickle ball match breaking out but aint none of you jokers on here going to fight anyone.
Kurt have you played pickleball before? I am not lying I saw a couple playing it at the park the other day when I took my grandson to the park. We had some warm days and were enjoying it. Anyways I had heard of pickeball but had never actually seen it played. What are your thoughts on it if you have played it before?

• Love
Reactions: BradStevens
Did you stop playing?
Anything appearing like a competition? Yes.

Since about 2018. Back injury. It's not great. I'm just avoiding the laminectomy at this point although I've heard some good things about the procedure. Now starting to lose strength in the right leg (I could deal with the numbness) which blows.

Golf career pretty much done

The laminectomy is going to have to happen so we'll see how it's going after that. I've been able to stay in decent enough shape but you know how it is when you don't do any real running for several years. There's no getting that back without, you know, running.

You want to see some fights. At least every other fri a full scale fist fight will bust out at the soccer dome. Two sessions ago the ref had four broken ribs. Got thrown over the office desk
Sorry for the cosmic-like length, but you'll dig this...

Only time my daughter has been harassed by opposing parents was at the KC Soccerdome during Winter Magic a couple years ago. She was guest playing for a team from OKC, we were playing some Wichita team full of roughnecks. She was 11. Saturday night, 10pm game.

Wife and I were sitting at a hightop in the bar against the glass, which was covered by an upper level deck, in our left defensive corner. We were kinda soundproofed. Was like a bowling alley bar...

54210347_c1s7igGV_kc9CYxg8DKvdW8XVPEi1alWbvCBVHC5gUg.jpg

First stint in, I see my daughter shaking her head and motioning/talking to someone down in the left offensive corner. After another play I see her jawing again. Couldn't figure out what she was doing. We couldn't hear anything, and I didn't know what was down there.

Next stint, she scores, and goes over to the corner, and does the "Are you entertained?" Rapinoe pose, looking up at something.

Popcorn and beer cans come raining down. I was like "WTF is going on?!?".

I leave the bar portion were we at, and find a stairwell going up to the deck. There, I see the issue...

The "Party Deck"...complete with another bar perched above the wall and glass...open air... :D

20861642_1611305602221998_3857152655509759822_o.jpg

The Wichita parents musta been up there for hours downing pitchers, and were riled up. It was like a Southern Indiana HS basketball cage-match. Old school.

We win, my daughter scores 4+ and continues the shenanigans with their parents all game.

As she's walking off the field, apparently some 200-lb+ Wichita grandma comes up and body checks her into the boards. Wife and I didn't see it, but her teammates come running up to my wife saying some grandma wants to fight our daughter. :D

Definitely a surreal, cool scene. Apparently that grandma was known for public drunkenness at games, and some of their parents came up to us and apologized. I was just laughing.

Can't imagine HS boys game in that place, with the $6 pitchers flowing like wine. Gotta be like Thunderdome.

Anything appearing like a competition? Yes.

Since about 2018. Back injury. It's not great. I'm just avoiding the laminectomy at this point although I've heard some good things about the procedure. Now starting to lose strength in the right leg (I could deal with the numbness) which blows.

Golf career pretty much done

The laminectomy is going to have to happen so we'll see how it's going after that. I've been able to stay in decent enough shape but you know how it is when you don't do any real running for several years. There's no getting that back without, you know, running.
Mercy. That’s a big deal. I think they have a less invasive micro surgery now. Ugh

20211117_103501-1024x461.jpg

Only time my daughter has been harassed by opposing parents was at the KC Soccerdome during Winter Magic a couple years ago. She was guest playing for a team from OKC, we were playing some Wichita team full of roughnecks. She was 11. Saturday night, 10pm game.

Wife and I were sitting at a hightop in the bar against the glass, which was covered by an upper level deck, in our left defensive corner. We were kinda soundproofed. Was like a bowling alley bar...

First stint in, I see my daughter shaking her head and motioning/talking to someone down in the left offensive corner. After another play I see her jawing again. Couldn't figure out what she was doing. We couldn't hear anything, and I didn't know what was down there.

Next stint, she scores, and goes over to the corner, and does the "Are you entertained?" Rapinoe pose, looking up at something.

I leave the bar portion were we at, and find a stairwell going up to the deck. There, I see the issue...

The "Party Deck"...complete with another bar perched above the wall and glass...open air... :D

The Wichita parents musta been up there for hours downing pitchers, and were riled up. It was like a Southern Indiana HS basketball cage-match. Old school.

We win, my daughter scores 4+ and continues the shenanigans with their parents all game.

As she's walking off the field, apparently some 200-lb+ Wichita grandma comes up and body checks her into the boards. Wife and I didn't see it, but her teammates come running up to my wife saying some grandma wants to fight our daughter. :D

Definitely a surreal, cool scene. Apparently that grandma was known for public drunkenness at games, and some of their parents came up to us and apologized. I was just laughing.

Can't imagine HS boys game in that place, with the $6 pitchers flowing like wine. Gotta be like Thunderdome.
that perch is fantastic but damn i could see how that would invite trouble! that is an insane story. the entry looks just like ours. it's amazing how similar and cheap these places look. ours is pictured above. we had a horrible similar event like your daughter when i was a kid. one of my best friend's was a man child. played on the national team. had back hair in 6th grade. dominate but peaked early. ended up playing at dayton. anyway he was very sensitive and one game the parents on the other team were yelling BIRTH CERTIFICATE BIRTH CERTIFICATE every time he touched the ball. well he came running by and had tears in his eyes. he was probably 11. my dad saw it and turned around to the man behind him and said "not one more time."

well next time my friend got the ball the man shouted super loud BIRTH CERTIFICATE!. my dad got up. climbed three steps in the bleachers and dragged the guy down to the playing field by his hair. pounded the shit out of him. police came. game was stopped. it was awful

Last edited:

20211117_102923-1024x461.jpg

see very similar set up. pounding pitchers as the game goes on

Reactions: mattndallas
20211117_102923-1024x461.jpg

see very similar set up. pounding pitchers as the game goes on
I actually dig those places. Old school.

I heard our place here in Bloomington used to have a bar above the field when it was a private venue. Apparently it failed, and now it's a city rec center. Still a good field, but doesn't have the character of the places that include a pitch-side bar, $6 pitchers, and Galaga for a quarter. :D

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
that perch is fantastic but damn i could see how that would invite trouble! that is an insane story. the entry looks just like ours. it's amazing how similar and cheap these places look. ours is pictured above. we had a horrible similar event like your daughter when i was a kid. one of my best friend's was a man child. played on the national team. had back hair in 6th grade. dominate but peaked early. ended up playing at dayton. anyway he was very sensitive and one game the parents on the other team were yelling BIRTH CERTIFICATE BIRTH CERTIFICATE every time he touched the ball. well he came running by and had tears in his eyes. he was probably 11. my dad saw it and turned around to the man behind him and said "not one more time."

well next time my friend got the ball the man shouted super loud BIRTH CERTIFICATE!. my dad got up. climbed three steps in the bleachers and dragged the guy down to the playing field by his hair. pounded the shit out of him. police came. game was stopped. it was awful
Boys games are a different animal, completely.

Our girls score, and they just high 5 each other and laugh.

They knock a girl down, they usually help them up and say "sorry". :D

****ing boys taunt, over-celebrate, talk-shit...they're ridiculous.

I heard our place here in Bloomington used to have a bar above the field when it was a private venue. Apparently it failed, and now it's a city rec center. Still a good field, but doesn't have the character of the places that include a pitch-side bar, $6 pitchers, and Galaga for a quarter. :D
yep we've been playing here since i was a kid. if there's no bartender you just go behind the bar and pour the pitchers yourself. galaga. galaxian. asteroids.

i didn't know bloomington had an indoor facility. interesting. when i was in school i played at karst farm i think it was called. small sided. maybe 7 v 7. i loved those fields. i hadn't even started school yet and got a phone call from one of the profs. the prof said she was calling for her husband who runs a team and she was charged with recruiting anyone who had played d1 or pro for him. the guy didn't even work. just brewed beer and ran a team. so i played all the years i was there on it. loved it. i love bloomington

Reactions: larsIU
yep we've been playing here since i was a kid. if there's no bartender you just go behind the bar and pour the pitchers yourself. galaga. galaxian. asteroids.

i didn't know bloomington had an indoor facility. interesting? when i was in school i played at karst farm i think it was called. small sided. maybe 7 v 7. i loved those fields. i hadn't even started school yet and got a phone call from one of the profs. the prof said she was calling for her husband who runs a team and she was charged with recruiting anyone who had played d1 or pro for him. the guy didn't even work. just brewed beer and ran a team. so i played all the years i was there on it. loved it. i love bloomington
I think (been a few years) Karst is still the home ground for Cutters FC (no shit, that's the name). Local Btown club. They were in a league with one of the teams my daughtetr was on. Not terrible.

Grand Park has ruined me.

Signed up your son yet?
he gets private lessons. he's excellent. very technical already. i've written it before but my daughter played for the biggest club in the region. multiple world cup alums. they rolled out the red carpet for her. within two years the director of the girls' program "took me for a walk." he said that because i'm an alum and that they love me they are going to let me know now that my daughter is one of the worst athletes they've ever seen and that it is an entirely a waste of time for her to continue because no practice will make her better. it was unreal

she only went for hte slurpees and pretzels - thankfully

I think (been a few years) Karst is still the home ground for Cutters FC (no shit, that's the name). Local Btown club. They were in a league with one of the teams my daughtetr was on. Not terrible.

Grand Park has ruined me.
grand park is ridiculous. i've played at img, la, san diego, cary, national camps, and never seen anything better than grand park. full outdoor indoor fields. spectacular

Reactions: DANC and larsIU
when it first opened a million years ago it was just the old carpet for turf. not this fancy field turf stuff. and it didn't completely reach the corners. so a couple of times a year a guy would blow out his knee in the corner because their foot would get caught under the rug :). fing gruesome to watch

This is funny. So @UncleMark bans me last night. I have my laptop out in front of the tv and I turn to my daughter and go “look at this.”
Her “what does that mean?”
“means I’m banned.”
“From that stupid rivals thing you’re on with old men you don’t know”
“Yes”
“Pathetic”
“It is pathetic to ban me”
“No you’re pathetic. Did you get mad at an anonymous person?”
“Enough. Go get your shoes. I’m playing indoor tonight and you’re coming. As punishment”
“For you being banned I have to go to your stupid soccer game?!”
“Yes. Because of your unclemark”
james franco someone GIF

he gets private lessons. he's excellent. very technical already. i've written it before but my daughter played for the biggest club in the region. multiple world cup alums. they rolled out the red carpet for her. within two years the director of the girls' program "took me for a walk." he said that because i'm an alum and that they love me they are going to let me know now that my daughter is one of the worst athletes they've ever seen and that it is an entirely a waste of time for her to continue because no practice will make her better. it was unreal

I had all three of my daughters in soccer as well.

I knew it wasn't the sport for them when every single one of them couldn't stop picking at the grass and just watched as the ball passed then by.

Thank God the two oldest had some athleticism (track/volleyball). The youngest, well, she's at least a nice respectful girl.

I had all three of my daughters in soccer as well.

I knew it wasn't the sport for them when every single one of them couldn't stop picking at the grass and just watched as the ball passed then by.

Thank God the two oldest had some athleticism (track/volleyball). The youngest, well, she's at least a nice respectful girl.
Track! That’s considerable athleticism. That’s big time.

Scott Gallagher?

Our squad has a Zoom call with this girl before training tonight. Might be a little weird...16 year old talking to a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds offering career advice. 😄

Except you don’t always, though, do you? What determines if you leave it up or take it down?
My mood. Or whether I feel like it. Or whether the content is verboten. Case by case. Don't like it? Talk to the ownership.

My mood. Or whether I feel like it. Or whether the content is verboten. Case by case. Don't like it? Talk to the ownership.
I have no objection to being banned but again there ought to be consequences for drive by bad faith posters. Posters who come only for personal attacks and not to contribute. And if it’s just that you don’t like one sides politics next time I won’t honor the ban and will just get myself unbanned

Punishing retaliation but not the offense is nonsense. If you’re going to allow attacks you have to expect a response

Last edited:
That might be a reasonable approach for someone with the integrity to be fair & objective…

Reactions: DANC

Adults should be better. Shame on that Grandma.

i didn't know bloomington had an indoor facility. interesting. when i was in school i played at karst farm i think it was called. small sided. maybe 7 v 7. i loved those fields. i hadn't even started school yet and got a phone call from one of the profs. the prof said she was calling for her husband who runs a team and she was charged with recruiting anyone who had played d1 or pro for him. the guy didn't even work. just brewed beer and ran a team. so i played all the years i was there on it. loved it. i love bloomington
What a gig!

grand park is ridiculous. i've played at img, la, san diego, cary, national camps, and never seen anything better than grand park. full outdoor indoor fields. spectacular
We played at this place out in Mesa...Holy Mackerel.

Sand based turf fields. Old jumbotron scoreboards on pedestals for every field. LED lighting. Indoor facility. Stadium field and grass fields. Friggin sand volleyball courts. Baseball fields. Huge pickleball facility. Indoor basketball. A bar/restaurant that kills that one at Grand Park.

315845480_213417897702601_3417448923123642612_n-e1681165940439.jpg

Bell-Bank-Park-Drone-Twilights-7_841aebc5d2d06c6b5a5884eccea9077a.jpg

bell-bank-park-pickleball-courts-20211020.jpg

Multi-field soccer complex that includes 23 soccer fields with the ability to expand to 50.

• One 8,000-seat multi-purpose stadium.

• Soccer performance playground mirrored after Manchester United’s performance playground.

• 20 sand volleyball courts, including one stadium court.

• 40 pickleball courts, including one stadium court.

• Six sand soccer fields.

• Eight baseball/softball fields, including one baseball/softball stadium.

• 50-acre special events area for concerts, festivals and events.

The park will also feature an indoor multi-sports building that will house:

• 62 volleyball courts including one multi-purpose arena.

• 16 NBA basketball courts with one multi-purpose arena.

• Six olympic size Futsal courts.

• 75,0000-square-foot eSports Arena.

• 50,000-square-foot gymnastics, cheer and dance center.

• Youth gym/child care center.

• Yoga studios.

• 25,000-square-foot Sports Performance Center headed up by Olympic Gold Medalist Dan O’Brien.

• 25,000-square-foot general fitness center with health, fitness, wellness and nutrition coaches.

• 20,000-square-foot sports bar and restaurant.

• Food courts.

• Athletic apparel shops.

I've only seen it once (two days ago) since I've been here, but I assume threatening another poster is at the top of the "verboten" list?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT