ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s the outrage?

Not divorced. Been delayed for the 4th time and the judge recused himself. Starting over. Attorneys sure are expensive.

Why don’t you address the liberal hypocrisy? Seems some NBA players aren't outraged over slave labor. Isn’t it surprising the race of the players that are okay with slave labor and the race of the player with the guts to stand up against it?

Have you addressed the conservative hypocrisy? Seems like only trying to address liberal hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

If you know so much and everyone else is always wrong, why aren’t you successful?
I have a family that loves me, I have hobbies I enjoy, I have enough money to feel secure, and I don't feel the need to go online and pretend to be an asshole so I can forget that no one who actually meets me face to face likes me, and fool myself that my presence on a forum makes up for the waste of a real life.

I'm successful in all the ways that matter to me, Lucy. Good luck on your own journey.

I have a family that loves me, I have hobbies I enjoy, I have enough money to feel secure, and I don't feel the need to go online and pretend to be an asshole so I can forget that no one who actually meets me face to face likes me, and fool myself that my presence on a forum makes up for the waste of a real life.

I'm successful in all the ways that matter to me, Lucy. Good luck on your own journey.
fair enough goat, enjoy your life time is short.

Another stupid move by Trump, but Sanders was against it too and then HRC claimed to be against it as well. Unless she was lying, it was going to be killed.

Removing the United States from the Asia-Pacific trade pact designed to promote U.S. economic and strategic interests over China’s will go down as one of the worst decisions by an American president in the past 50 years, according to trade and foreign policy analysts. Now that China has applied to join the Comprehensive Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership, Donald Trump’s decision looks even worse than it did in 2017.......

....New Zealand’s trade minister is well aware of the stakes. “It was February 2017 and President Trump’s first address to a joint session of Congress,” according to Tim Groser, who served as New Zealand’s trade minister (2008–15) and ambassador to the U.S. (2016–18). “As the president announced the U.S. withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, I was thinking about a conversation I’d had with a particularly astute Asian ambassador. He’d suggested to me that if a book on the decline of American influence in Asia and the Indo-Pacific were ever written—and he hoped it never would be—its first chapter would be an account of the withdrawal of the U.S. from TPP.”

We will all pay for decades for the complete folly that was the Trump presidency. Biden wound be wise to reverse course sooner than later, but his political capital sucks.

Well, immigrants and new babies will definitely help grow our economy in the long run, but that's not really the point. I'm not entirely sure why you feel the need to go there.
Well, immigrants and new babies will definitely help grow our economy in the long run, but that's not really the point. I'm not entirely sure why you feel the need to go there.
So you believe the Chinese billion citizens will make China a super power as per your previous post. I’m down with that. So we cannot possibly produce a catch up with our current native birth rates. So we should import a population that is procreative and thus expanding our population base.
I’m down with that , but please put some tracking into the plan so we are not subsidizing criminal drug and human trafficking. I’d be ok with with a household accepting immigrants for housing and support with a serious tax credit .

@Earlierthanlater Not sure what's going on with your quotes...

But my point was that we are not the reason China is in position to possibly become a superpower. If they do reach that status, their manpower will get them there, and our engagement with them will have nothing to do with it.

We are already a superpower. The superpower. We don't need to follow China's model to become one, because we already are one. That said, a booming, growing population may be just what we need to remain one, so if you want us to import or give birth to a shit ton of people, I'm cool with that, from a purely patriotic standpoint.

@Earlierthanlater Not sure what's going on with your quotes...

But my point was that we are not the reason China is in position to possibly become a superpower. If they do reach that status, their manpower will get them there, and our engagement with them will have nothing to do with it.

We are already a superpower. The superpower. We don't need to follow China's model to become one, because we already are one. That said, a booming, growing population may be just what we need to remain one, so if you want us to import or give birth to a shit ton of people, I'm cool with that, from a purely patriotic standpoint.
The Chi-Coms are a superpower. We are in catch-up or keep-up mode.

No, if they become a superpower for real, it won't be because of ties with us. It will be because they have over a billion citizens.
India has a billion citizens. China's massive ascent began when Bush and Clinton went from the yearly MFN status to letting them into the WTO. Then our corporate world wanted to get over there because of their population. And we basically gave away trade secrets for access.

The Chinese don't make stuff, they steal it. They then turn around and use that against you. Dealing with them in the manner we have was one big ass bipartisan mistake.

Most problems on Forums would be solved with folks identifying themselves. I miss Jim & Debbie.

The Chinese don't make stuff, they steal it. They then turn around and use that against you. Dealing with them in the manner we have was one big ass bipartisan mistake.
One of my golfing buddies has a young attorney daughter making lots of money getting Chinese companies who forge American products.

They are an aspiring superpower. They are not a superpower. If we went to war with them now, a lot of people would die on both sides, but after the dust settled, the United States would still exist, and China would not.
If they can stick a hypersonic nuclear projectile into your next patio barbecue party…and the USA has no defense…then I l think qualifies as a superpower. Imagine if they prioritize non-neighborhood bbqs as a target.

If they can stick a hypersonic nuclear projectile into your next patio barbecue party…and the USA has no defense…then I l think qualifies as a superpower. Imagine if they prioritize non-neighborhood bbqs as a target.
They are developing hypersonic weapons that we had a decade ago and don't actually think are that important. I'm not worried.

I'm fairly certain I understand the fundamentals, but please enlighten me, if you are so brilliant.
I am not brilliant . I am observant. I dont think it is that complicated. Faster is > than slower. +China. Range around the planet is > than suborbital ballistics.+ China. total load cabality probaly = equal. would assume it is such as the Chinese put out whatever that makes their fajiita of the day. But USA has more and diverse delivery systems…+USA. …Technology advancements seem to be leaning +China. Artificia Intelligence +China ….With the exception of non-sense technologies like Meta, Tik -Tok, Twitter..etc. so basically not important som an =. Energy game…since we pulled out out of carbon fuels game and decided the windmill and solar panel situation is all about our plan . + China. You may have better information and so I respect that possibility. Bio -tech … they kicked our ass in the Covid game. So that’s cool but we don’t need to be going off in the “if you are so brilliant“ pose. Makes us both look foolish.

If my life goes to shit maybe I'll go to 24/7 outrage mode. But as of right now I can't muster up a flying f@ck about this.
It’s the standard that republicans apply to everyone else.
If you aren’t equally outraged by every single instance of a particular thing, then you can’t be outraged by any instance of a particular thing.

I am not brilliant . I am observant. I dont think it is that complicated. Faster is > than slower. +China. Range around the planet is > than suborbital ballistics.+ China. total load cabality probaly = equal. would assume it is such as the Chinese put out whatever that makes their fajiita of the day. But USA has more and diverse delivery systems…+USA. …Technology advancements seem to be leaning +China. Artificia Intelligence +China ….With the exception of non-sense technologies like Meta, Tik -Tok, Twitter..etc. so basically not important som an =. Energy game…since we pulled out out of carbon fuels game and decided the windmill and solar panel situation is all about our plan . + China. You may have better information and so I respect that possibility. Bio -tech … they kicked our ass in the Covid game. So that’s cool but we don’t need to be going off in the “if you are so brilliant“ pose. Makes us both look foolish.
I understand the fundamentals and I taught 101 and I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make. Are you saying China can defeat us in a conventional war now? If so, you’d be wrong.

He's not gone. Like Ansari he's on his way back up through the muck.

And yes, excellent material.
I thought some of his bits were outstanding. He tells a story about his daughter getting bit by a wild pony in Italy that cracks me up. Also, his stories about how some hipster worker in a coffee shop having the same shirt on as him, about waiting in line at the post office, and the one about flying on a plane from Indy to New York are all great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT