ADVERTISEMENT

When those that are correct are silenced

Do you expect to be taken seriously posting this bullshit?

What coronavirus in history didn't mutate? It's a ****ING airborne virus, that was a worldwide pandemic. It was obvious from the very beginning that it would be something that would be endemic forever, even if vaccines provided a bit of safety from extreme illness.
He’s not to be taken seriously about the vaccines. He’s so emotionally invested in Science Inc being correct on the subject that he’s resorted to what he hates: misinformation. He’s a smart guy but is over his skis on this topic.

The vaccines saved lives - those that were at risk. They are a medical marvel and I admire them. But they didn’t stop the spread and anybody who lost their job over refusing it should have a nice day in court coming their way.

This "theory" is vital to the conservatives, because it means Trump was so important and threatening that China, who has centuries more history than us, would not be capable of withstanding his inept leadership for 4 more short years. I mean, he was on the verge of wiping out their entire civilization, even though it had survived since the BCs and up until 2016. By 2024, no one would remember they had even ever existed.
:rolleyes:
It is not vital to conservatives. It’s vital to MAGAdiots.

The truth about the source is vital to conservatives because facts freaking matter.

That still didn't give him the right to kill them. After the first shooting, those lunatics were trying to stop an active shooter.
It did give him the right and it was proven in a court of law. Not liberal whiny emotions court.

Rittenhouse is a moron whose parenting failed him and he grew up an ammosexual. He made a terribly naive decision that day to show up with an AR and through the mob’s actions, he shot three people. As noted, two of them were violent criminals. Play stupid games - win stupid prizes.

No, his point was bullshit and as an "expert" in that field he knows it was bullshit. Brad's post up above pretty much lays out the reasoning as to why Shooter's assertion that vaccine skeptics were the cause of variants is complete and utter horseshit.

Secondly, you have Twenty's position about COVID completely wrong, including any change in position. You are exactly the type of person who jumped on any deviation from the accepted narrative (even when the accepted narrative was wrong) that this thread was talking about.

Finally, Shooter likes to do a "Call to Expertise" to buttress his arguments on the forum with this topic quite often. When he mixes in things like the post that Twenty took to task that are verifiably wrong and easily proven at that, it erodes his credibility. This is a micro example of how things with COVID were treated. And instead of addressing the actual points being made, we constantly see this call back to extreme points that some have made as opposed to actually addressing the actual realistic point being put forward. I believe this happens because people took COVID and how they reacted to it as some sort of identity.

The shots did not stop people from getting sick, they did not stop the spread, they did have adverse effects for some people, COVID was more serious to people of advanced age and decreased immune systems, it was far less lethal to the young, locking kids out of school was an overreaction that played out far longer than it should have because of politics (namely the teacher's unions). The masks were mostly window dressing and the help they provided was small enough that forcing people into them (particularly the cloth ones) wasn't worth the vitriol.
On the topic of vaccines, CourtSense and Outside get really defensive and misdirecting really quickly. CourtSense even told me I’m a bad father because I didn’t get my preteen boys vaccinated.

At times and on certain topics we are the shepherd and at times we are the sheep. On the topic of COVID vaccines, those two are sheep. Noisy ones.

It is not vital to conservatives. It’s vital to MAGAdiots.

The truth about the source is vital to conservatives because facts freaking matter.
Right. I don't believe this was some grand conspiracy to get Trump. I do believe that this was a facility with lax security protocols (which isn't out of the norm for China, they are blasé on safety measures) and I think they had an accidental release of the virus.

To dig further, we did send money to this facility to do the research they did. I believe the Chinese have a dual interest in this research and there is a military component in play in Wuhan. I don't think COVID 19 was a bioweapon. I think you can get bioweapon related information from doing gain of function research on lab created viruses.

Just because COVID 19 was a mistake doesn't mean that we shouldn't have a healthy review of what we want to research and whom we want to fund to do that research. I don't think China is a good partner for this stuff.

Right. I don't believe this was some grand conspiracy to get Trump. I do believe that this was a facility with lax security protocols (which isn't out of the norm for China, they are blasé on safety measures) and I think they had an accidental release of the virus.

To dig further, we did send money to this facility to do the research they did. I believe the Chinese have a dual interest in this research and there is a military component in play in Wuhan. I don't think COVID 19 was a bioweapon. I think you can get bioweapon related information from doing gain of function research on lab created viruses.

Just because COVID 19 was a mistake doesn't mean that we shouldn't have a healthy review of what we want to research and whom we want to fund to do that research. I don't think China is a good partner for this stuff.
You better get this message to Crawdad, then. He is increasingly becoming the conservative voice on this board...along with DANC, indianawtf, etc.

This "theory" is vital to the conservatives, because it means Trump was so important and threatening that China, who has centuries more history than us, would not be capable of withstanding his inept leadership for 4 more short years. I mean, he was on the verge of wiping out their entire civilization, even though it had survived since the BCs and up until 2016. By 2024, no one would remember they had even ever existed.
Pathetic. You opining about what is important to conservatives is like a vegan lecturing us about what is important in grilling a hamburger. .

I just still have a hard time understanding why anyone would refuse to be vaccinated at least the first time.
What is so hard to understand about that? New technology that has never been used for human vaccines before so I can understand why people might be a little hesitant. I've taken all the shots and boosters yet I would be very reluctant to give my young kids the vaccine if I had young kids.

Oh and @UncleMark and the other mods - it’s been real. I’m done with this shithole. You’ve lost control and I apologize for pointing it out

Clearly there were some posts deleted, as this seems a wild overreaction to quote yourself as a reason to leave the board.

I mean, there are days when I hate myself too..... but I usually don't announce it to everyone.

What is so hard to understand about that? New technology that has never been used for human vaccines before so I can understand why people might be a little hesitant. I've taken all the shots and boosters yet I would be very reluctant to give my young kids the vaccine if I had young kids.

We haven't vaxxed our young kids as there's no logical reason to do so. Both have had it..... one of them (likely both) twice. And that was before it was even approved. Our pediatrician doesn't push it whatsoever

Your fourth point is spot on and frustrated the hell out of me.
The frustrating issue is not knowing the source but the deceptions, cover-ups, manipulation, dishonesty, and falsehoods spread by first the Chinese, and then by other vested interests about the source. It makes no difference now what the truth is because a substantial number of people won’t believe it.

The frustrating issue is not knowing the source but the deceptions, cover-ups, manipulation, dishonesty, and falsehoods spread by first the Chinese, and then by other vested interests about the source. It makes no difference now what the truth is because a substantial number of people won’t believe it.
WHO acted as though they were a branch of the Chinese government.

You better get this message to Crawdad, then. He is increasingly becoming the conservative voice on this board...along with DANC, indianawtf, etc.
He is entitled to his opinion. You and I to ours. Each of us represents ourselves first and we also probably represent some sector of the US voting public (or otherwise as sglowrider and Zizkov have an international flair as well.)

This place would be boring if not for the diversity in opinions, even the ones that may make us feel an urge to climb through the interwebs and slap the shiznit out of the typer. 😀

Says the guy who wouldn’t know what conservative is even if it were a 2x4 across the nose.

We haven't vaxxed our young kids as there's no logical reason to do so. Both have had it..... one of them (likely both) twice. And that was before it was even approved. Our pediatrician doesn't push it whatsoever
Ditto for my 4. I had the J and J vaccine because it was the one I was most comfortable with at the time. I have since had COVID as well.

Do you expect to be taken seriously posting this bullshit?

What coronavirus in history didn't mutate? It's a ****ING airborne virus, that was a worldwide pandemic. It was obvious from the very beginning that it would be something that would be endemic forever, even if vaccines provided a bit of safety from extreme illness.
I agree, the data shows the vaccine most likely dampened the effects of Covid on those that were vaxxed compared to those that weren’t.

My sister and her husband are in their mid fifties. Her husband is on social security disability and general any illness seems to be major for him. In spite of being jabbed three times they each got Covid three times. All three times for each were mild. My sis thinks the vaccine saved her husbands life. I don’t know that I agree but they both think it did save his life.

WHO acted as though they were a branch of the Chinese government.
Right. Vested interests include those who took a position based on little evidence and those who really did use the pandemic to further their anti-Trump agenda. That crap is still important to some people as shown by several posts in this thread.

Ditto for my 4. I had the J and J vaccine because it was the one I was most comfortable with at the time. I have since had COVID as well.

Wife and I had both had Pfizer x2.... she ended up with Covid like 4 months later and was moderately sick, and the two kids had it too (I didn't, but then got it a few months later, and then again this spring, but whatever).

I believe in vaccines and certainly believe these greatly reduced severe illnesses and death. But they were never close to the panacea the loud proponents claim.

I agree, the data shows the vaccine most likely dampened the effects of Covid on those that were vaxxed compared to those that weren’t.

My sister and her husband are in their mid fifties. Her husband is on social security disability and general any illness seems to be major for him. In spite of being jabbed three times they each got Covid three times. All three times for each were mild. My sis thinks the vaccine saved her husbands life. I don’t know that I agree but they both think it did save his life.
We have a couple who are very good friends and my age. He was vaxed she not. Both got Covid. He was well after a week or so with few symptoms, she was very sick, hospitalized twice and had effects for months. She realizes she made a mistake.

This the new Peegs!!! New World Order!! The conservative board has been replaced! We’re now led by the Triumvirate: DANC on corporate, Cray on the streets, and Indianawtf on religion. What do you need? Did you need something?

Wife and I had both had Pfizer x2.... she ended up with Covid like 4 months later and was moderately sick, and the two kids had it too (I didn't, but then got it a few months later, and then again this spring, but whatever).

I believe in vaccines and certainly believe these greatly reduced severe illnesses and death.
I think the vaccines probably reduced severe illnesses for some and were probably not as necessary for others. I had a mild case with my shot and I know those who did not take the shot and caught it and had a still mild case, but not as mild as what I had.

There is just too much built up on each side of the shot issue. I think most people would have made rational decisions for them on their own without the pressure campaign. Most people are rational actors.

Not acknowledging that the lab leak theory may be plausible & should be investigated is ignorance of the highest order. It’s plausibility has 0 to do with Trump. Your post should be used to teach future generations how the Dem party members’ brains were so ate up by DT they were willing to dismiss any theory that didn’t support their partisan narratives.

He is entitled to his opinion. You and I to ours. Each of us represents ourselves first and we also probably represent some sector of the US voting public (or otherwise as sglowrider and Zizkov have an international flair as well.)

This place would be boring if not for the diversity in opinions, even the ones that may make us feel an urge to climb through the interwebs and slap the shiznit out of the typer. 😀
Where did I say people aren't entitled to their opinions? I was just pointing out that my post was aimed at certain posters...to varying degrees. Conservatives, and liberals for that matter, sometimes expand their tents to gain votes. Sometimes, that's not such a good thing.

I don't like Trump. I don't think he handled our response well. But he's not responsible for the worldwide spread of COVID variants or their spread in the U.S.

First, the variants didn't originate in the United States. Unless we were going to forever shut our borders to all outside people, U.S. policy was not going to prevent us from getting the variants. Again, this was a worldwide pandemic.

Second, many of the variants were discovered before the vaccine even became available. So, no, those weren't "driven in part by slow acceptance of vaccination."

Third, as for Trump being the reason for U.S. vaccine hesitancy (which again, wouldn't even matter regarding the variants), Trump's policies led to the quick development of the very vaccine we are discussing; he received the vaccine; and he said it worked. Indeed, he bragged about being responsible for the vaccine.

Fourth, it doesn't appear Trump stumping for the vaccine's effectiveness more would have mattered with people who were against it from the beginning:

"Back in March, as coronavirus vaccines were first made available, a CBS News poll conducted with YouGov tried an experiment to gauge how much influence Trump or President Joe Biden might have on the vaccine-hesitant.
First, they asked Americans about their likelihood of getting vaccinated. Several days later, they followed up again, but first informed some respondents that either Biden or Trump had endorsed the vaccine. Hearing about Trump, they found, did increase some Republicans' willingness to get vaccinated. But the effect came among those who had previously been on the fence; those who were outright resistant didn't budge."

Trump wasn’t allowed to handle it well. More importantly, POTUS lacks authority to do much. Plenary emergency authority lies with states and governors. 50 sates declared emergency powers, first time in our history. . A common criticism is that Trump underplayed it. Yet he made a big show out of the hospital ships and the mobile hospitals in places like the Javits center. None of that was needed. Trump contributed to the national hysteria too. We were all wiping boxes down with disinfectant. People driving alone wearing a mask. People walking in public parks alone with masks. Playgrounds shuttered. Businesses ruined and lives crushed. Why? It seems to me that some governors liked the power emergency declarations gave them. The Democrats assigned the steadily increasing deaths to Trump and used it to campaign on. Most of the country was nucking futs about Covid and Trump. The only reasonableness was centered in reasonable and sensible conservatives. And Governor Polis.

In April 2020 Trump commented often that we can’t keep the country in lockdown. He was correct. But he had no authority about that either way. . As it turns out, the continued lockdowns were a huge mistake even if they were initially understandable.

Not acknowledging that the lab leak theory may be plausible & should be investigated is ignorance of the highest order. It’s plausibility has 0 to do with Trump. Your post should be used to teach future generations how the Dem party members’ brains were so ate up by DT they were willing to dismiss any theory that didn’t support their partisan narratives.
I was referring to those who was specifically espouse the "lab leak was hatched to make sure Trump didn't win in 2020" theory.
Try to keep up.

I have seen none of them claim as much. You need that to be the case & are choosing to anoint them as such to justify your moral outrage again.

OJ was freed due to lack of evidence. Not the case with KR. 🙂
Rittenhouse got to select his own jury. Hardly the fair trial that is beyond ability to question the outcome.

The judge was making sure KR was setup nicely.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Where did I say people aren't entitled to their opinions? I was just pointing out that my post was aimed at certain posters...to varying degrees. Conservatives, and liberals for that matter, sometimes expand their tents to gain votes. Sometimes, that's not such a good thing.
You were saying that "so and so" are becoming the voice of conservatives on the board. I was pushing back on that a bit as there are different flavors of conservatives on the board and different flavors of liberals/progressives/leftists. And none of them necessarily need to have their opinions reined in by any of us if they aren't crossing certain lines.

(There are a few non-regular posters who I think have hopped over the line of acceptable discourse and that isn't really welcome.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT