ADVERTISEMENT

What are IU fans willing to do if Crean is back?

Calipari won the stand-off. Kentucky does not need Indiana. The Kentucky players do not even recognize that there is a rivalry. IU has zero leverage in the matter.

Sometimes reality sucks.

So what. Life goes on. The world didn't stop spinning, the sun rises every day. By the way, Kentucky lost to IU last year in the NCAA tournament. They aren't going to win it this year, that little experiment of theirs is starting to peter out. With the NBA likely going to minimum two years in college or directly from high school, watch how Cal does then.

So, if I understand you correctly one single issue, (whether CTC comes back or not), determines if the AD is incompetent?

Org :) if you have to pretend like basketball isn't what iU sports is primarily associated with to defend the AD and your fav coach, then you are doing it wrong

But that makes sense because you are what a large swath of the fan base has become...you are new IU fan. You've truly lost your way. Lol Ever wonder why iu has so many damn fans? It's because we were really good at basketball for a long time. Do ya get that?

Last edited:
Reactions: thoops7
So what. Life goes on. The world didn't stop spinning, the sun rises every day. By the way, Kentucky lost to IU last year in the NCAA tournament. They aren't going to win it this year, that little experiment of theirs is starting to peter out. With the NBA likely going to minimum two years in college or directly from high school, watch how Cal does then.

What? They're going to be a 2 seed?

Let's not throw stones just yet lol

Last edited:
This is the real question. Will the old season ticket holders continue buying their packages and attending the games because they "don't want to lose their spot in case IU becomes a legitimate basketball program"? Will people still attend because they "will always support the boys in cream and crimson"? Will people not boo Crean because that's just rude and below IU fans?

We get what we deserve. If he comes back, it means that the fans have not loudly enough voiced their displeasure. It means that an incompetent AD feels a ok with bringing back a coach who is loathed by most of the fan base. I've said it before, IU fans are soft and sanctimonious. Congratulations. You might just get year 10 of the Crean era.

Not give another dime. Not wasting my money on that product. That speaks pretty loudly when it's collective.

Don't let the door hit you. I support the team, win or lose. I recall fans last year after the Duke loss demanding a firing and swearing never to watch the team again. Then a few months later we were crowned Big Ten champs, beat Kentucky in the NCAA tournament and watching those sorry fans come crawling back was a site to see.

Not give another dime. Not wasting my money on that product. That speaks pretty loudly when it's collective.

Maybe you should burn a sweatshirt, too. Put it on YouTube, like LeBron Cleveland fans. But save the ashes, so you can say how you were always a great fan the day they made the change that satisfied you. Meanwhile, some of us will cheer for the kids that play for Indiana University. And do it proudly.

They will not go as far as their seed is supposed to take them. Paper tiger, again.
Maybe you should burn a sweatshirt, too. Put it on YouTube, like LeBron Cleveland fans. But save the ashes, so you can say how you were always a great fan the day they made the change that satisfied you. Meanwhile, some of us will cheer for the kids that play for Indiana University. And do it proudly.
You support losing.lol. I bet if Cleveland didn't make the playoffs the coach would be fired right away. Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker.

You're the type that made sure the Cubs didn't win a world series for 100+ years.

If you only knew, but you don't.

Let me put it to you as bluntly as I can. I am in favor of a coaching change if the right person comes in. I've read absolutely ridiculous comparisons of Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer. So, who of that equivalence is walking through that door to take IU basketball?

Sell me. Here's your chance. Sell me. And if the next word out of your mouth is Steve, please stop right there.

I don't have season tickets, so can't affect things there. But I can say that I have watched the last game I ever will with Crean as the coach. Will that matter to IU? No. But for my own well being, there is a huge number of things I'd rather do. Watching IU is just not fun anymore. My wife asks me every game....why do you watch this? And she has a point.
Totally agree, it's self torture and a waste of time. I just hate the style of ball ... even when then when it is not enjoyable se of how they play. It is just not IU Basketball. It semi looked like IU Ball when Jordan Hulls was here, but really we were playing HS ball with elite players, that team regressed as Crean's influence took hold. Dynamite at the beginning of the year and whipped UNC ... sound familiar?

I'll give him a pass on the first two years. Year 3 was a bad year. We played poorly. And you pointed out yourself that IU was 4th going into this year. That alone is bad. Add in this year, it's terrible. And even with our injuries, we still had more talent than the vast majority of teams in the Big 10. To tank like this was simply unacceptable. And check out what our ranking is in recruiting for next year. But we might get some kid who rejected Crean before to save us? And what about Crean's record in the Big 10 and NCAA tourneys? You fine with that in addition to his poor Big 10 regular season record?

You related to Crean?

4th in a conference this large? And barely behind the other three. That isn't bad, despite your protestation.

I'm all for a change, if you can tell me we are bringing in someone that makes a difference. So who is that person?

Let me put it to you as bluntly as I can. I am in favor of a coaching change if the right person comes in. I've read absolutely ridiculous comparisons of Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer. So, who of that equivalence is walking through that door to take IU basketball? Well, you don't know either, and no one can know until you actually ask the person you would like it to be and admit there's a problem with the current situation. Hell, if EVERYONE says NO, I'd be more comfortable with Buckley as interim next year ... Crean needs to GO, we will suck next year and every year he remains, even if we have a decent year in there, is an impediment to regaining the program's status.

Sell me. Here's your chance. Sell me. And if the next word out of your mouth is Steve, please stop right there.

So many empty threats, but you know it isn't true. This just in, great coaches aren't banging down our door to coach for our delusional fan base.

These types of posts are the dumbest ones I read here and it's not even close. Is Gregg Marshall (or any coach) supposed to be standing out in front of Assembly Hall? Is he (or any coach) supposed to be chasing the team bus? It's kind of hard to show interest in a job opening that doesn't currently exist. Hopefully that opening will exist soon.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
4th in a conference this large? And barely behind the other three. That isn't bad, despite your protestation.

I'm all for a change, if you can tell me we are bringing in someone that makes a difference. So who is that person?

We should not be paying a coach close to $4M per year to get "not bad" results. We pay him to be a top 10 coach in the country. Not the 8th best coach in the Big 10.

And while I understand your concern about who we will get as our next coach, I would take Archie Miller, and be pumped about our prospects.

Let me put it to you as bluntly as I can. I am in favor of a coaching change if the right person comes in. I've read absolutely ridiculous comparisons of Harbaugh, Saban, Meyer. So, who of that equivalence is walking through that door to take IU basketball?

Coaches IU should go after.
1. Stevens 2. Donovan 3. Sean Miller
Those 3 would all probably say no but insiders say Donovan may be looking to get out of the NBA and insiders have said Miller would take the call. He may not take the job but he'd listen to IU.

Next tier of coaches all better than Crean that would probably be interested
4. Gregg Marshall 5. Tony Bennet 6. Archie Miller
Insiders say Archie would take the job and would be an excellent hire.

If you don't like those names
7. Dana Altman 8.Holtman 9. Chris Mack 10. Bryce Drew
That's four more names that would all likely jump at the job that would be upgrades to Crean.

We should not be paying a coach close to $4M per year to get "not bad" results. We pay him to be a top 10 coach in the country. Not the 8th best coach in the Big 10.

And while I understand your concern about who we will get as our next coach, I would take Archie Miller, and be pumped about our prospects.

I think it's fear of the unknown. If we keep Crean at least we'll all know our team will definitely suck. No unknowns. No fear. No expectations.

Glass did not give Crean an extension last year and this year he led IU to an underachieving 10th place finish and no NCAA Tournament in the B1G. Crean missed NCAA Tournament 5 of the 9 yeara he coached at IU. And was worst in the B1G in Turnovers and over 320th nationally in turnovers. Lack of fundamentals the same in year 9 as in year 1. Totally Unacceptable.
Wisconsin has made the ncaa tourney 19 years in a row and we pay 3.5 million a year for what.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT