ADVERTISEMENT

What are IU fans willing to do if Crean is back?

Cortez88

All-Big Ten
Jan 7, 2017
This is the real question. Will the old season ticket holders continue buying their packages and attending the games because they "don't want to lose their spot in case IU becomes a legitimate basketball program"? Will people still attend because they "will always support the boys in cream and crimson"? Will people not boo Crean because that's just rude and below IU fans?

We get what we deserve. If he comes back, it means that the fans have not loudly enough voiced their displeasure. It means that an incompetent AD feels a ok with bringing back a coach who is loathed by most of the fan base. I've said it before, IU fans are soft and sanctimonious. Congratulations. You might just get year 10 of the Crean era.

This is the real question. Will the old season ticket holders continue buying their packages and attending the games because they "don't want to lose their spot in case IU becomes a legitimate basketball program"? Will people still attend because they "will always support the boys in cream and crimson"? Will people not boo Crean because that's just rude and below IU fans?

We get what we deserve. If he comes back, it means that the fans have not loudly enough voiced their displeasure. It means that an incompetent AD feels a ok with bringing back a coach who is loathed by most of the fan base. I've said it before, IU fans are soft and sanctimonious. Congratulations. You might just get year 10 of the Crean era.

It's why the Cubs sucked for decades: Fans kept going no matter how awful they were so they felt no need to change anything.

I've cut way back on the games I listen to and will do even more if Crean comes back......which I bet he gets an extension.

Reactions: jaypay23
It's why the Cubs sucked for decades: Fans kept going no matter how awful they were so they felt no need to change anything.

I've cut way back on the games I listen to and will do even more if Crean comes back......which I bet he gets an extension.
Totally agree.

I don't have season tickets, so can't affect things there. But I can say that I have watched the last game I ever will with Crean as the coach. Will that matter to IU? No. But for my own well being, there is a huge number of things I'd rather do. Watching IU is just not fun anymore. My wife asks me every game....why do you watch this? And she has a point.

So, if I understand you correctly one single issue, (whether CTC comes back or not), determines if the AD is incompetent?

At IU, yes. Unless Glass is forced to keep Crean, if Crean stays, that shows Glass should not be IU's AD. It's that simple to me.

I still think (gut feeling, no inside info) that Crean will be gone. I believe Glass has to see that.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
At the very least everyone should lobby the athletic department to significantly upgrade the schedule and put Kentucky back on the schedule on a neutral court - since Calipari will not do home and home.

The reality is that the Hoosiers need Kentucky on the schedule to help regain some credibility. I am done watching all of the worthless pre-conference games.

Last edited:

I honestly think the fans have voiced enough. Empty balconies at games, crean getting booed, im sure countless emails have been sent to Glass, and a few facebook groups dedicated to his firing. I am part of a few fb groups fan clubs and I can say his support is waivering big time over this year. If Glass doesnt fire him then he is either incompetent or he is a closet Purdue or Kentucky fan.

I'm willing to spew hateful words towards Glass every day on this board until he (Glass) leaves, or until I get banned. If Crean is back the vitriol needs to shift to Glass, as he's the problem.

burn-baby-burn-G%252B.gif

So, if I understand you correctly one single issue, (whether CTC comes back or not), determines if the AD is incompetent?
Well football is bad, basketball is bad and baseball is bad. So what hires are good hires for Crean?

We all need to just leave. Make all the IU boards look like Scout. I quit giving the varsity club, going to games and watching games years ago. My lone interest in IU basketball has been a coaching change.

If he comes back, I am done for good.

I'm willing to spew hateful words towards Glass every day on this board until he (Glass) leaves, or until I get banned. If Crean is back the vitriol needs to shift to Glass, as he's the problem.

I dint know what I just watched, but as a man that was the coolest GIF ive ever seen

I honestly have no interest in I U bball anymore...Sad to say that but it's true. If the fans make the money funny then Crean is gone...Stop buying anything I U until he is gone..

Crean is not "loathed", at least I hope not. He's a good man. He just isn't all that great of a basketball coach. If he is back another year, I will be about the same as I have been the past 9 years- I'll watch games and hope IU can correct their fundamental deficiencies.

Crean is not "loathed", at least I hope not. He's a good man. He just isn't all that great of a basketball coach. If he is back another year, I will be about the same as I have been the past 9 years- I'll watch games and hope IU can correct their fundamental deficiencies.

Case in point.

I don't have season tickets, so can't affect things there. But I can say that I have watched the last game I ever will with Crean as the coach. Will that matter to IU? No. But for my own well being, there is a huge number of things I'd rather do. Watching IU is just not fun anymore. My wife asks me every game....why do you watch this? And she has a point.
I have stopped buying I U T-shirts, caps, bumper stickers that I have bought for many years. When Crean is gone I will get back on the I U express and once again purchase I U products..Remember, money talks!!

We all need to just leave. Make all the IU boards look like Scout. I quit giving the varsity club, going to games and watching games years ago. My lone interest in IU basketball has been a coaching change.

If he comes back, I am done for good.
I will be done watching games until and if a new coach is ever named At that point crean will probably have a life time contract so I will become a butler fan.

The athletic dept and anything to do with IU athletics needs to be inundated with calls, letters, and emails. From the office of Fred Glass on down to the girl working the counter in the gift shop. Once the athletic dept stops taking calls or changes their numbers, start calling different academic depts and ask to leave a message for the athletic dept. It has to be non-stop...relentless.

At the very least everyone should lobby the athletic department to significantly upgrade the schedule and put Kentucky back on the schedule on a neutral court - since Calipari will not do home and home.

The reality is that the Hoosiers need Kentucky on the schedule to help regain some credibility. I am done watching all of the worthless pre-conference games.

Cave into Coach Cal? Why? No thanks

I will not renew football,basketball, soccer or baseball season tickets. I will also withhold our $2,500 annual donation. That is nothing in the grand scheme of things but will make me feel better and probably reduce my bitching and moaning by quite a bit......I will use the additional 5k-6k (plus gas, alcohol and dining) and take our family on an extra vacation.

So many empty threats, but you know it isn't true. This just in, great coaches aren't banging down our door to coach for our delusional fan base.

How do you know who would be willing to coach here? If anything, our fan base is too easy going. We have a coach here whose Big 10 record over the last four years is worse than 7 other teams. We haven't been past the sweet 16. Our BTT record is terrible. And we have missed the tourney as much as we have made it under Crean. And our recruiting has dried up. And yet, 9 years in, there are still fans who say....let's give him more time to get us where we want to be.

Delusional is thinking Crean is an elite coach. He's not. He is a decent coach who,would be fine at schools like Missouri.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984

I mentally checked out years ago: I don't think I can care less at this point. The past two years are the only years I can remember not going to IU games. I have gone to IU games with my Dad for as long as I can remember, and the product is so bad that I can't stomach it anymore: it is sad. I'm only paying attention now to see if Crean gets canned.

How do you know who would be willing to coach here? If anything, our fan base is too easy going. We have a coach here whose Big 10 record over the last four years is worse than 7 other teams. We haven't been past the sweet 16. Our BTT record is terrible. And we have missed the tourney as much as we have made it under Crean. And our recruiting has dried up. And yet, 9 years in, there are still fans who say....let's give him more time to get us where we want to be.

Delusional is thinking Crean is an elite coach. He's not. He is a decent coach who,would be fine at schools like Missouri.

Going into this season, that same coach had a Big Ten record that was 4th best over the last 5 years. Key injuries took its toll this year. Our recruiting has dried up? We have two 4 star kids coming in, and you might see a 5 star from Georgetown who for whatever reason at the 11th hour chose G'Town over IU, but he wants out of his G'Town commitment as of yesterday.

I don't count the first three years, those were total rebuild. Saying that we have missed the tournament as much as we have and not factoring those first three years is nothing but an agenda.

Nope I'm done

Don't let the door hit you. I support the team, win or lose. I recall fans last year after the Duke loss demanding a firing and swearing never to watch the team again. Then a few months later we were crowned Big Ten champs, beat Kentucky in the NCAA tournament and watching those sorry fans come crawling back was a site to see.

Reactions: echs86
Going into this season, that same coach had a Big Ten record that was 4th best over the last 5 years. Key injuries took its toll this year. Our recruiting has dried up? We have two 4 star kids coming in, and you might see a 5 star from Georgetown who for whatever reason at the 11th hour chose G'Town over IU, but he wants out of his G'Town commitment as of yesterday.

I don't count the first three years, those were total rebuild. Saying that we have missed the tournament as much as we have and not factoring those first three years is nothing but an agenda.

I'll give him a pass on the first two years. Year 3 was a bad year. We played poorly. And you pointed out yourself that IU was 4th going into this year. That alone is bad. Add in this year, it's terrible. And even with our injuries, we still had more talent than the vast majority of teams in the Big 10. To tank like this was simply unacceptable. And check out what our ranking is in recruiting for next year. But we might get some kid who rejected Crean before to save us? And what about Crean's record in the Big 10 and NCAA tourneys? You fine with that in addition to his poor Big 10 regular season record?

You related to Crean?

Don't let the door hit you. I support the team, win or lose. I recall fans last year after the Duke loss demanding a firing and swearing never to watch the team again. Then a few months later we were crowned Big Ten champs, beat Kentucky in the NCAA tournament and watching those sorry fans come crawling back was a site to see.
Troll alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: russelltodd
Yeah, notice how if you swap the non-conference from last year with this years we would have one nice season and one fire-worthy season. He isn't even consistent in his inconsistency.

He's gone, and I doubt he and his family care to stay.

To keep him another year would be cruel to all parties involved.

Troll times a thousand using tired old arguments. Uh, this year did count. Was OG even starting when he got hurt? What were Collin's scoring and rebounding numbers?

There were no injuries this year that justified being 10th in an AWFUL league this year. And the league was truly dreadful this year, and that will be clear when we see where teams like Purdue and Wisconsin are seeded in the NCAA tourney.

All of the years count. Coaching at IU is a JOB. A job that pays millions of dollars. CTC is doing at best a wildly inconsistent job. IU deserves much better.

If Fred Glass keeps CTC, then hopefully pressure is applied to him. For all of you who claim that his job is more than overseeing the bball program, I ask, what is the most important job of the AD at IU? Just as I ask what is the most important job of the AD at Kentucky, Ohio State, Duke, Alabama, USC, etc... it's to maintain the excellence of the premier sports program at the school.

Reactions: jaypay23

It will shock me, but I will go about my life like normal. It's just kids playing basketball. I'm not gonna boycott on someone's lawn or anything.

Reactions: echs86

Again, why would he get an extension if he didn't get one last year?

Troll times a thousand using tired old arguments. Uh, this year did count. Was OG even starting when he got hurt? What were Collin's scoring and rebounding numbers?

There were no injuries this year that justified being 10th in an AWFUL league this year. And the league was truly dreadful this year, and that will be clear when we see where teams like Purdue and Wisconsin are seeded in the NCAA tourney.

All of the years count. Coaching at IU is a JOB. A job that pays millions of dollars. CTC is doing at best a wildly inconsistent job. IU deserves much better.

If Fred Glass keeps CTC, then hopefully pressure is applied to him. For all of you who claim that his job is more than overseeing the bball program, I ask, what is the most important job of the AD at IU? Just as I ask what is the most important job of the AD at Kentucky, Ohio State, Duke, Alabama, USC, etc... it's to maintain the excellence of the premier sports program at the school.

Glass did not give Crean an extension last year and this year he led IU to an underachieving 10th place finish and no NCAA Tournament in the B1G. Crean missed NCAA Tournament 5 of the 9 yeara he coached at IU. And was worst in the B1G in Turnovers and over 320th nationally in turnovers. Lack of fundamentals the same in year 9 as in year 1. Totally Unacceptable.

It will shock me, but I will go about my life like normal. It's just kids playing basketball. I'm not gonna boycott on someone's lawn or anything.
These are not kids they are young men. This is not texas baptist we have a tradition of winning and thats what is expected period! Go back to the rock you crawled from out under.

Cave into Coach Cal? Why? No thanks
Calipari won the stand-off. Kentucky does not need Indiana. The Kentucky players do not even recognize that there is a rivalry. IU has zero leverage in the matter.

Sometimes reality sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT