ADVERTISEMENT

What about a stimulus deal now?

Fox: Hoyer on floor introducing plan for Hse to consider $2,000 direct payments. Says this is "consistent" with what Trump asked for.
Dem House majority says this...however, they fail to tell you they also want $2,000 checks for illegal aliens. So that will end up submarining Dems grandstanding bill today.

Fox: Hoyer on floor introducing plan for Hse to consider $2,000 direct payments. Says this is "consistent" with what Trump asked for.
Dem House majority says this...however, they fail to tell you they also want $2,000 checks for illegal aliens. So that will end up submarining Dems grandstanding bill today.
I am curious what documentation exists that Democrats want illegal aliens to get the checks.

I am curious what documentation exists that Democrats want illegal aliens to get the checks.
Bloomberg (Stimulus): "As expected during brief House session, Democrats are blocked from seeking consent to increase checks to $2,000 and GOP blocked from changes to foreign aid. Stalemate continues with shutdown looming Monday midnight"
The differences on both sides won't be overcome in a few hours...
Dems want illegal aliens to get stimulus, GOP blocks that
GOP wants foreign govts to get defense aid, Dems block that
Meanwhile, PPP and SBA loans linger in doubt as Main St businesses begin to shut down.
America

Pelosi: "Hse/Senate Democrats have repeatedly fought for bigger checks for the American people, which House/Senate GOPers have repeatedly rejected - first, during our negotiations when they said that they would not go above $600 and now, with this act of callousness on the flr"
Grandstanding stunt by Pelosi. She wanted illegals to get checks also. She knew it would fail and wanted it to fail to throw the GOP under the bus.

Bloomberg (Stimulus): "As expected during brief House session, Democrats are blocked from seeking consent to increase checks to $2,000 and GOP blocked from changes to foreign aid. Stalemate continues with shutdown looming Monday midnight"
The differences on both sides won't be overcome in a few hours...
Dems want illegal aliens to get stimulus, GOP blocks that
GOP wants foreign govts to get defense aid, Dems block that
Meanwhile, PPP and SBA loans linger in doubt as Main St businesses begin to shut down.
America

In your wording from Bloomberg I do not see words saying the Democrats want stimulus for illegal aliens.

Reactions: UncleMark
Okay really showing my ignorance on this stuff. How do they get a Ssn? Or an ein? Alias?

They can use fake SSN to get hired. Everything is reported to it. Or they can just get a taxpayer ID number and use it so they can file for a refund. In the SSN case, they cannot file.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
West Wing paraphrased an FDR quote that fits pretty well on the bill. The West Wing quote was close to when your neighbor's house is on fire and they need your hose you don't argue over the cost of the hose. That is what our leaders have done with stimulus, they are arguing over the cost while the house burns down.

They can use fake SSN to get hired. Everything is reported to it. Or they can just get a taxpayer ID number and use it so they can file for a refund. In the SSN case, they cannot file.

Noticed Trump never really went after employers who might have undocumented employees in spite of all his hype about undocumented aliens.

Trump definitely knows whom his friends are.

Noticed Trump never really went after employers who might have undocumented employees in spite of all his hype about undocumented aliens.

I am sure we all remember the ICE raids of August, 2019. I do not believe to date that an employer has been charged.

If only there were a way for an arrogant know-it-all to research this question.

The IRS WEBSITE!!!! Hahahaha. Lmao. Hi yes this is Diego!! Is this the irs??? My mule just dropped me off in El Paso. I’m borrowing a friend’s cell phone. Do we get $2,000 or $600? And where?

Explaining something to a woman isn’t “mansplaining”. It’s called explaining something. Mansplaining isn’t a real thing.
Explaining something to a woman, something that is much more in her area of expertise than yours, frequently is mansplaining.

On example, I was attending a neuroscience symposium. A female colleague was there, and many male neuroscientists. One topic of discussion at lunch or on a break was opioid pharmacology and the opioid crisis. My female colleague offered some thoughts based on her expertise, but a couple of men dominated the discussion. They did not realize that she was one of the most eminent opioid neuropharmacologists on the planet, having been a decorated graduate student of a Nobel prize winner in the area.

They probably realized it that evening when she gave the keynote lecture.

The IRS WEBSITE!!!! Hahahaha. Lmao. Hi yes this is Diego!! Is this the irs??? My mule just dropped me off in El Paso. I’m borrowing a friend’s cell phone. Do we get $2,000 or $600? And where?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***^^^^^^^
Didn't read the link. Maybe can't. Rants anyway.

Explaining something to a woman, something that is much more in her area of expertise than yours, frequently is mansplaining.

On example, I was attending a neuroscience symposium. A female colleague was there, and many male neuroscientists. One topic of discussion at lunch or on a break was opioid pharmacology and the opioid crisis. My female colleague offered some thoughts based on her expertise, but a couple of men dominated the discussion. They did not realize that she was one of the most eminent opioid neuropharmacologists on the planet, having been a decorated graduate student of a Nobel prize winner in the area.

They probably realized it that evening when she gave the keynote lecture.
Oh the horror! Some loudmouths talked over her at a rubber chicken dinner. Honestly wgaf. I’m sure she is secure enough in her accomplishments to not even notice.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Explaining something to a woman isn’t “mansplaining”. It’s called explaining something. Mansplaining isn’t a real thing.

I have been spoken to condescendingly as well, I have even had people in my life do it regularly. I don’t assume it is because of my gender and the women in your life would do well to follow my lead.

I have heard women complain about mansplaining several times. Each and every incident I was privy to the conversation... the female simply did not like what the man said to her. Just playing the most convenient "ist" card.

Reactions: 76-1
I have heard women complain about mansplaining several times. Each and every incident I was privy to the conversation... the female simply did not like what the man said to her. Just playing the most convenient "ist" card.
good posts courtsensetwo and hoodatguy, per usual. we all know women like these. hell we engage with them daily. they post under names like: bilkvanderprivilege; unclebulk; huffboot; on and on.

goat if you read this i very much enjoyed your sermon. you have a good perspective on things.

this year will be better than last. a fresh start. a new president. vaccines. hope. it's a good day.

now it's time to start the pregame drinking festivities before encountering the outlaws and my own extended family. it takes courage that only alcohol brings. It's T minus 2:30 minutes until my uncle dan barges in the door and asks "Loyd; how's my credit in this joint anyway?" and for the old, encyclopedic basketball farts on this board my uncle's finest moment was a fist fight he had at a bar at mizzou with steve stipanovich. approximately 9:00 or so he'll bring it up

Merry Christmas to all of you.

good posts courtsensetwo and hoodatguy, per usual. we all know women like these. hell we engage with them daily. they post under names like: bilkvanderprivilege; unclebulk; huffboot; on and on.

goat if you read this i very much enjoyed your sermon. you have a good perspective on things.

this year will be better than last. a fresh start. a new president. vaccines. hope. it's a good day.

now it's time to start the pregame drinking festivities before encountering the outlaws and my own extended family. it takes courage that only alcohol brings. It's T minus 2:30 minutes until my uncle dan barges in the door and asks "Loyd; how's my credit in this joint anyway?" and for the old, encyclopedic basketball farts on this board my uncle's finest moment was a fist fight he had at a bar at mizzou with steve stipanovich. approximately 9:00 or so he'll bring it up

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Sounds like fun...Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Reactions: 76-1

Imprison a few CEOs that hire illegal aliens and Trump would have solved his immigration problem.
Nobody is coming if there are no jobs.
Mar-a Lago would have been a great place to start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT