ADVERTISEMENT

Early education is important--but what to do about unruly, physically aggressive preschoolers?

BradStevens

All-Big Ten
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2023

This is a tough nut to crack. This article is written from the perspective of the kids being expelled "disproportionately" represent the biters, boys, and all those things that seem to cause young children to be at risk for bad behaviors (at least that's the implication of the article).

But what are the daycare workers to do? And why do those whose children are not this way have to put up with those who are? Should the unruly kids be separated? Put in their own daycare, where a psychologist/trained therapist help deal with the situations? Would that lead to early "tracking?"

If we as society could spend as much on this as DEI (and we spend billions on this, now), I think it would have a bigger bang for the buck in solving the disparate educational outcomes based on race and gender.

This is a tough nut to crack. This article is written from the perspective of the kids being expelled "disproportionately" represent the biters, boys, and all those things that seem to cause young children to be at risk for bad behaviors (at least that's the implication of the article).

But what are the daycare workers to do? And why do those whose children are not this way have to put up with those who are? Should the unruly kids be separated? Put in their own daycare, where a psychologist/trained therapist help deal with the situations? Would that lead to early "tracking?"

If we as society could spend as much on this as DEI (and we spend billions on this, now), I think it would have a bigger bang for the buck in solving the disparate educational outcomes based on race and gender.
Start out by gelding them so they can't reproduce.

this...

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.gif

My kid’s school is like fight club. He had a horrible bite on his side just last week. Not judging but just an observation. You wouldn’t believe the cars that roll up there. Brand new M Bmw suvs. G wagens. On and on. But mom is either working or not home. I nor my friends went to preschool. We started in kindergarten. And then even in grade school there was no after school programs. The moms were all home. I suspect there was considerable benefit to that that we’ve lost. And again not judging. I don’t blame women. But I suspect there is a cost.

I have no data or support for the above. Just a hunch

I used to have sever issues maintaining my attention. It turns our that a pine 1x4 always snapped me out of it.
I'm not saying beat your kids.

But a light slap on the ass to make the connection to the brain. If that doesn't work then elevate from there

My kid’s school is like fight club. He had a horrible bite on his side just last week. Not judging but just an observation. You wouldn’t believe the cars that roll up there. Brand new M Bmw suvs. G wagens. On and on. But mom is either working or not home. I nor my friends went to preschool. We started in kindergarten. And then even in grade school there was no after school programs. The moms were all home. I suspect there was considerable benefit to that that we’ve lost. And again not judging. I don’t blame women. But I suspect there is a cost.

I have no data or support for the above. Just a hunch
There was a time in this country when money was real, before everything was financed, and before we put things on credit and the men worked and the women took care of the household and raised the babies. There is nothing wrong with that.

I'm guessing that ended sometime in the 70s?

My grandpa Fred built his own house and ran a bodyshop until he died at 57 in 1985, 2 months before I was born. he made enough that my grandma had nothing to worry about.

Is that even possible today?

There was a time in this country when money was real, before everything was financed, and before we put things on credit and the men worked and the women took care of the household and raised the babies. There is nothing wrong with that.

I'm guessing that ended sometime in the 70s?

My grandpa Fred built his own house and ran a bodyshop until he died at 57 in 1985, 2 months before I was born. he made enough that my grandma had nothing to worry about.

Is that even possible today?
Things are harder. Women don’t want to stay home. I don’t blame them. Many cities were ruined by crime and shitty schools. Cities full of 2/1 1,200 Sq ft houses and 3/2 1,800 Sq ft houses. So people with a little more money bought new construction 4/3 3,500 Sq foot homes in the burbs. Now those are a mil. The city is crime ridden. And no one is building 1,800 Sq ft houses. Margins don’t make sense (accdg to my dad). So we were like dogs and stretch for more and kids go to daycare and fight

Reactions: DANC

We are in an educational doom loop. Our educational system yhas yeielded poorly and undereducated graduates for decades; especially among minorities. Now the offspring of those graduates are in school. Meanwhile states are lowering or eliminating proficiency standards in the name of equity. There are no quick fixes here. If we start today with more educational rigor, results are a generation away.

Reactions: jet812
We are in an educational doom loop. Our educational system yhas yeielded poorly and undereducated graduates for decades; especially among minorities. Now the offspring of those graduates are in school. Meanwhile states are lowering or eliminating proficiency standards in the name of equity. There are no quick fixes here. If we start today with more educational rigor, results are a generation away.
We have to get the prison-bound out of the schools.

Who do you want making that call?
First call - the bus driver that needs to be able to toss a future criminal out of the transportation system, and shoot the baby-mama or baby-daddy who shows up at the bus stop to kick ass because their criminal-to-be wasn't given a medal. Civil and criminal defenses applicable to driver. Or the teacher who who can't teach because the criminal-to-be won't listen/mouths off/threatens others/fights others.

First appeal is a 3 parent-2 teacher board. Restoring privilege requires unanimous vote. Threatening violence against them is a felony. Lawsuits barred until administrative remedies exhausted.

Next appeal is to a trial court - empowered only to decide whether there was evidence which, if believed, would support the administrative decision.

Kids off the busses can stay in school if parents bring them.

Kids tossed from school can work on work details if 16 or older. Others stay home and play in the park - help the criminals be criminals - whatever. I'm over helping peole who don't care about education deprive people who do of their education. This is America. You have the right to be stupid, stay stupid and force stupid on your kids.

First call - the bus driver that needs to be able to toss a future criminal out of the transportation system, and shoot the baby-mama or baby-daddy who shows up at the bus stop to kick ass because their criminal-to-be wasn't given a medal. Civil and criminal defenses applicable to driver. Or the teacher who who can't teach because the criminal-to-be won't listen/mouths off/threatens others/fights others.

First appeal is a 3 parent-2 teacher board. Restoring privilege requires unanimous vote. Threatening violence against them is a felony. Lawsuits barred until administrative remedies exhausted.

Next appeal is to a trial court - empowered only to decide whether there was evidence which, if believed, would support the administrative decision.

Kids off the busses can stay in school if parents bring them.

Kids tossed from school can work on work details if 16 or older. Others stay home and play in the park - help the criminals be criminals - whatever. I'm over helping peole who don't care about education deprive people who do of their education. This is America. You have the right to be stupid, stay stupid and force stupid on your kids.
Let’s start with the death penalty for these 8. Only more violence will come from them. Send a message.

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT