ADVERTISEMENT

What’s this sudden throw-down between Dolson and Buckner?

Univee2

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2002
Is this speculation or have some statements been made that have been verified? Interviews or anonymous sources?

Is it a scam?

What’s the real deal?

Real. Dolson has a deal lined up with Pearl. Buckner is the one roadblock. He is putting being friends with Woody over the best interests of the program and the University. Woody is completely finished. Recruiting is dead. We don't move now the program is likely done.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7 and dr.jb
Real. Dolson has a deal lined up with Pearl. Buckner is the one roadblock. He is putting being friends with Woody over the best interests of the program and the University. Woody is completely finished. Recruiting is dead. We don't move now the program is likely done.
And how does anyone “know” there is a deal? Has Dolson been quoted?

Until something is verified this just sounds like some keyboard cowboying from those hoping their wishes could be facts.

So, who has been saying or writing “what?”

Until something is verified this just sounds like some keyboard cowboying from those hoping their wishes could be facts.

Dolson was the one who gave the order to unload on Buckner and Woody today. This didn't happen naturally. There was a major narrative shift all across Twitter from the college basketball analysts. That Trilly Donovan guy confirmed most of this weeks ago and he's been spot on with nearly everything college basketball related. I've heard it myself. Woody is awful. It's way beyond just one bad season. Almost the entire team told Dolson before the Maryland game that they're gone if Woody is back.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
There was also this quote from Pearl recently. That was a shot directly at Woody.

Is this speculation or have some statements been made that have been verified? Interviews or anonymous sources?

Is it a scam?

What’s the real deal?

Your post was the first I'd heard. Went to the free board and saw all the chatter and speculation. I actually believe (with absolutely nothing to back me up) that there's probably something to it. Dolson has shown he'll make a move if he thinks it's necessary. And there's one other major player who hasn't gotten any mention -- Pam Whitten. I think she's probably on board and backing up Dolson. If true, that will help with the BoT.

Your post was the first I'd heard. Went to the free board and saw all the chatter and speculation. I actually believe (with absolutely nothing to back me up) that there's probably something to it. Dolson has shown he'll make a move if he thinks it's necessary. And there's one other major player who hasn't gotten any mention -- Pam Whitten. I think she's probably on board and backing up Dolson. If true, that will help with the BoT.
Is this any way to run a business?

Work everything out behind closed doors. Anybody who talks gets castrated. All this “talk” does nothing good, for anybody. Just leads to metastasizing crazy talk and speculation.

Cignetti was/is a great hire. Maybe Dolson has another one in his pocket.

Woodson got us from Archie. He is an all-time IU Great. He deserves better. Hasn’t been nearly as successful as hoped but treat him better than this. Lord knows the right collegiate coach - and maybe that’s Pearl - can get IU back to where we used to be.

This all seems rather slimy. And if nothing comes of this, then what?

Work everything out behind closed doors. Anybody who talks gets castrated. All this “talk” does nothing good, for anybody. Just leads to metastasizing crazy talk and speculation.

Woodson got us from Archie. He is an all-time IU Great. He deserves better. Hasn’t been nearly as successful as hoped but treat him better than this. Lord knows the right collegiate coach - and maybe that’s Pearl - can get IU back to where we used to be.

Pearl would be a B12 shot. He’d wear candy striped pants galvanize the fan base. He’d be a home run. Super super fun.

And speaking of business when you have grandchildren the gang over at fisher price knows the score. As a manufacturer of defective products im in awe of their shit. These compatible Thomas and friends trains are simply outstanding. Reasonably priced. A breeze to assemble. Totally compatible. Remember that

please be true

iu

If you believe the rumors it was Buckner who hired Archie. Fred was overruled.

And there have been talks. Buckner will not budge not because he thinks it's right but because he wants to protect his buddy. Dolson was forced to go full mafia.

If you believe the rumors it was Buckner who hired Archie. Fred was overruled.

And there have been talks. Buckner will not budge not because he thinks it's right but because he wants to protect his buddy. Dolson was forced to go full mafia.
Okay, but what has Dolson done that equates to full mafia?

Details, details, details.

Didn’t Pearl get in the middle of some issue between Iowa and Illinois that soured a lot of people on him? Am I misremembering something here?
I’m not sure. He did something, but I cant remember. My buddy played for University of Indianapolis in the late 90s early 2000s. They were pretty good and they struggled against Indiana Southern. He always said the coach was great, but a little dirty was the rumors. That coach was Bruce Pearl. This was before anyone knew about him.

I’m not sure. He did something, but I cant remember. My buddy played for University of Indianapolis in the late 90s early 2000s. They were pretty good and they struggled against Indiana Southern. He always said the coach was great, but a little dirty was the rumors. That coach was Bruce Pearl. This was before anyone knew about him.
There's nothing dirty anymore. You can literally hand the players cash. We have more NIL $ than any B1G school and I don't think it's close. Pearl would dominate here.

I have a buddy who played soccer at u of southern Indiana. Said Pearl would randomly show up at their practices and cheer and shit. Loved him

Endless people repeating the same baseless speculation. They’re all feeding on each other. I’ve seen zero concrete evidence presented of any of these things. Just like every other done deal in every coaching search over the last 20 years. And we’re not even in an actual coaching search.

Endless people repeating the same baseless speculation. They’re all feeding on each other. I’ve seen zero concrete evidence presented of any of these things. Just like every other done deal in every coaching search over the last 20 years. And we’re not even in an actual coaching search.
Need to check in with the car wash dudes . . . .

lmao ...........

Reactions: IUPaterade724
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT