ADVERTISEMENT

We’re gonna impeach that motherfker

Correct. The profanity was jarring, but the real issue for the Democrats is that it frames the impeachment initiative (if there is to be one) as a personal/political vendetta. The Republicans act outraged, but they likely love it. The Democrats should be the ones quietly saying, "shut the fsck up."
Understand and respectfully disagree. What I'm seeing here is that certain Democratic women have the balls to stand up to Trump, to Republicans, and to social rules that say women aren't allowed to say certain things that Trump can get away with. I see that as a short- and long-term positive.

Reactions: UncleMark
The entire country acts that way and have for quite sometime. Don't let anyone sell you the line that Trump is a cause of all of this, he is merely a symptom. Part of his appeal was people feeling he was telling the other side to "get bent" for microaggressions against them. And those accountable for those microaggressions will probably point back to some horrible that was done to them. Just like the liberals are doing with Trump right now, "We are only fighting back and we have to be nasty because they are...."

So round and round we go with everybody having their excuse to one up others. And before any of the left leaning people say anything about not having done anything to warrant Trump, some people took umbrage to being called racist, sexist, homophobic, Repubtards, the Christian Taliban, deplorables, typical white people, etc. for a time going back as far as my 40 year old mind can remember. Trump was the "f you" that many of them have been wanting. Based on the lightweights that are starting to take the reigns of the Democrats, I am prepared for the, "f me...oh yeah, well take this you mother f-er" from the left.

And we'll all have fun in stupid threads like this going "well whatabout" because there is ALWAYS a whatabout. We could track this all the way back before the start of our country. Jefferson and Hamilton had more polite whatabouts.

You just said it all for me.

Understand and respectfully disagree. What I'm seeing here is that certain Democratic women have the balls to stand up to Trump, to Republicans, and to social rules that say women aren't allowed to say certain things that Trump can get away with. I see that as a short- and long-term positive.

And many of us on the other side of the aisle thinking the same thing about the left and their bullying. Republicans didn’t have the balls to fight back because of the name calling they knew would come their way. Trump said screw um.

I don't see this as some sort of "empowering women" thing. How is this "standing up to Trump?" I'm not offended by the remark, nor am I really opposed to impeaching Trump. But I can't agree that this is the way to further an agenda that you want broad backing for. This is how you get your opponents to dig in.

It's as if the left learned nothing from 2016.

I don't see this as some sort of "empowering women" thing. How is this "standing up to Trump?" I'm not offended by the remark, nor am I really opposed to impeaching Trump. But I can't agree that this is the way to further an agenda that you want broad backing for. This is how you get your opponents to dig in.

I'm not referring to the word itself, in isolation. I'm talking about being free to say what you believe. I'm not talking about empowering women either, I'm talking about empowered women taking control where men are losing it (although I'm not trying to make too big a deal out of that because in the end it's all about people). Trump's rhetoric is basically hot air. Hot air is a type of vacuum that's easy to fill with substance. I see these people doing just that. Focus on the word, you'll miss the substance.

One other thing I think a lot of actual conservatives seemingly aren't noting: many Democrats have largely given up on their "opponents" or at least aren't going to rush to compromise to find common ground with those "opponents". I know lots of conservatives will say it goes both ways, but Democrats have plenty of evidence to suggest that the opposition (even moderates) are inherently unreasonable at this point and they've expended too much time and effort to woo those moderates to no gain. The game may be shifting to a different approach. If nothing else, and if I'm correct, that new approach will likely at least have the benefit of more consistent and reasoned positioning (as opposed to purely political positioning). Politics is never going away and Pelosi will have a fight on her hands internally as she seeks to maintain discipline and find actual wins, but I think that's largely the crux of the matter for Dems. If in the face of that, conservatives revert to Trump, so be it will be the response of many Dems. At least folks' true colors will be apparent (so long as the Dems accurately present the options to be had).

When the other side goes low we’re gonna go lower. I didn’t figure that word was in the Quran. America has definitely corrupted her. After she institutes Sharia law I bet she won’t be able to say this.

Looks like AOC has a companion.

Nancy's going to have fun with this group.

Edit: I know I know the motherfker caused all this.

The sad thing is that the right was as eager to ignore Trumps “grab her by the pssy” comment as the left will be to ignore this. I know this is where some will say, but this is different, but it isn’t. Our standards suck.
Well, one is about admitting to sexual harassment, so I would indeed say they are substantially different.

Sayu Bhojwani:

On Thursday night, Rep. Rashida Tlaib was our honored guest at the People's Swearing In, co-hosted by the New American Leaders Action Fund. It was an open event to celebrate the many progressive women who made the midterm elections so memorable.

When Tlaib walked into the room, guests swarmed her, congratulating, hugging and taking pictures with her. She responded to every single one, both before and after she made her infamous comment about impeaching "the motherf***er," also known as President Donald Trump.

Though those comments have received criticism from the right -- and even the left -- they were raw and honest and came straight from the heart. And, frankly, her honesty is one reason she was elected. She must continue to stay true to herself as she serves in the House of Representatives, even if that sometimes means going off-script.

And, to many, her controversial remark at our event was a refreshing break from the canned comments our elected officials usually make. Tlaib spoke to the people with the fire she is known for -- and the fire that so many at our event wanted to hear.

But we didn't just cheer when she criticized the President, we cheered for nearly every remark she made. When she said she didn't accept corporate PAC dollars, we cheered. When she explained how she ran and won in a district that is predominantly African-American and white by being who she is, we cheered. And when she said she loves her sons and wants to fight for them, we cheered.

Why? Because in that moment, every one of us felt strengthened, supported and seen.

If there is one thing I have learned about Tlaib, it is that what you see is what you get. And it is this candor that has, in part, propelled her from being a state legislator in Michigan, where I first met her in 2010, to a member of Congress in 2018.
She is a campaigner and community organizer like no other. She personally introduces me to young women interested in running for office. She checks in on the well-being of her campaign staff. And she follows up on individual constituent concerns.

Tireless, passionate, unapologetic, she never forgets where she comes from -- an immigrant, working-class family in one of the most under-resourced parts of our country.

After she finished speaking, the party -- comprised of a multiracial group of Americans, young, middle-aged and old -- continued to celebrate the America we are seeing manifest in the halls of Congress.

And then we went home. We woke up to a news cycle that tried to make us feel bad about our moment and our movement. Instead of focusing on the real challenges we have in front of us -- in a system that doesn't work for most Americans -- Tlaib became the new story.

Tlaib, and other newly sworn-in progressive congresswomen, are learning to fight against that system, even as they are part of it. There is no rulebook for that work. If we want them to succeed, we can't expect them to play by the old rules, because the old rules don't work for people like us.

We weren't handed legacy admissions at universities or positioned for well-compensated summer internships or groomed at the dinner table by mothers who were mayors or fathers who were congressmen. We figured out how to get into college despite low expectations from college counselors, emerged with student debt and muddled through first, second and third jobs before finding our way.
Nobody told us we were enough. And, now, a whole new cohort of congresswomen is daring to break that norm. We can't get enough of it.
That's what I'm talking about. Let the Trumpolytes and Old.White.Males fulminate obliviously. To paraphrase my father on his deathbed, their time has come.

Sayu Bhojwani:

On Thursday night, Rep. Rashida Tlaib was our honored guest at the People's Swearing In, co-hosted by the New American Leaders Action Fund. It was an open event to celebrate the many progressive women who made the midterm elections so memorable.

When Tlaib walked into the room, guests swarmed her, congratulating, hugging and taking pictures with her. She responded to every single one, both before and after she made her infamous comment about impeaching "the motherf***er," also known as President Donald Trump.

Though those comments have received criticism from the right -- and even the left -- they were raw and honest and came straight from the heart. And, frankly, her honesty is one reason she was elected. She must continue to stay true to herself as she serves in the House of Representatives, even if that sometimes means going off-script.

And, to many, her controversial remark at our event was a refreshing break from the canned comments our elected officials usually make. Tlaib spoke to the people with the fire she is known for -- and the fire that so many at our event wanted to hear.

But we didn't just cheer when she criticized the President, we cheered for nearly every remark she made. When she said she didn't accept corporate PAC dollars, we cheered. When she explained how she ran and won in a district that is predominantly African-American and white by being who she is, we cheered. And when she said she loves her sons and wants to fight for them, we cheered.

Why? Because in that moment, every one of us felt strengthened, supported and seen.

If there is one thing I have learned about Tlaib, it is that what you see is what you get. And it is this candor that has, in part, propelled her from being a state legislator in Michigan, where I first met her in 2010, to a member of Congress in 2018.
She is a campaigner and community organizer like no other. She personally introduces me to young women interested in running for office. She checks in on the well-being of her campaign staff. And she follows up on individual constituent concerns.

Tireless, passionate, unapologetic, she never forgets where she comes from -- an immigrant, working-class family in one of the most under-resourced parts of our country.

After she finished speaking, the party -- comprised of a multiracial group of Americans, young, middle-aged and old -- continued to celebrate the America we are seeing manifest in the halls of Congress.

And then we went home. We woke up to a news cycle that tried to make us feel bad about our moment and our movement. Instead of focusing on the real challenges we have in front of us -- in a system that doesn't work for most Americans -- Tlaib became the new story.

Tlaib, and other newly sworn-in progressive congresswomen, are learning to fight against that system, even as they are part of it. There is no rulebook for that work. If we want them to succeed, we can't expect them to play by the old rules, because the old rules don't work for people like us.

We weren't handed legacy admissions at universities or positioned for well-compensated summer internships or groomed at the dinner table by mothers who were mayors or fathers who were congressmen. We figured out how to get into college despite low expectations from college counselors, emerged with student debt and muddled through first, second and third jobs before finding our way.
Nobody told us we were enough. And, now, a whole new cohort of congresswomen is daring to break that norm. We can't get enough of it.
That's what I'm talking about. Let the Trumpolytes and Old.White.Males fulminate obliviously. To paraphrase my father on his deathbed, their time has come.

Cool, I hope they shout motherfker at each other in the house and senate. I think she should stand up and shout it at Trump during the State of the Union. Hell just let r rip. Out with the fake addressing each other as friends on the right and left. Should be quite a show with everyone being themselves. Out with the fake sh!t.

Reactions: glidresquirrel

heard an interesting fact the other day.

the gender gap between Hilary and Bernie was even bigger than between Hilary and Trump.

i'm guessing that's because women, black women especially, felt some guilt/debt thing to Hilary after choosing BO over her 8 yrs earlier.

won't be the case next time around.

had it not been for the gender thing, BS would have been the Dem nominee, and possibly prez, last time around.

Trump saw the reaction he was getting, and basically stole his blue collar support thing from BS.

don't underestimate BS.

he thinks on his feet, communicates his ideas, and is a leader instead of someone reading opinion polls.

he's the guy Trump should fear most in a debate, as he's much more skilled than other Dem hopefuls, appeals to the working class, a Trump stronghold, and has a true mission other than just getting elected.

the mainstream media and the Dem Party brass hate him and will do all they can to silence him or discredit him, as he is probably enemy #1 of the moneyed interests who own and fund the mainstream media and both parties.

possibly someone not yet on the radar will emerge by 2020, but of the known commodities today, if i had to pick the Dem 2020 candidate today, i'm going with Sanders.

Last edited:
As much as I've never been a Pelosi fan, she does seem to be the adult in the room. Her comments yesterday on the possibility of Impeachment were, I thought, reasonable and logical.

"If there's to be grounds for impeachment of President Trump - and I'm not seeking those grounds - that would have to be so clearly bipartisan in terms of acceptance of it before I think we should go down any impeachment path," Pelosi told USA TODAY.

"We have to wait and see what happens with the Mueller report," Pelosi said in a separate interview with NBC's "Today" show, referring to the special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election. "We shouldn't be impeaching for a political reason."

Everything Pelosi has ever done is for a political reason. Impeachment is not just the main agenda for the new house...it is the only agenda.

Everything Pelosi has ever done is for a political reason. Impeachment is not just the main agenda for the new house...it is the only agenda.
Disagree. Gaining control of government is the goal; impeachment without removal would be an impediment to that. Pelosi won't allow that to come to the forefront unless Mueller gives her a smoking gun to wield. Otherwise, she'll be content to oversight and investigate the bastard into impotence until 2021.

Reactions: Hank Reardon
Disagree. Gaining control of government is the goal; impeachment without removal would be an impediment to that. Pelosi won't allow that to come to the forefront unless Mueller gives her a smoking gun to wield. Otherwise, she'll be content to oversight and investigate the bastard into impotence until 2021.

Ultimately we are saying the same thing.

The Democrats have a great opportunity to win it all in 2020 if they can show the country they have a message and agenda buyond resist and investigate. I highly doubt they are smart enough to grasp it. Instead they will do what they do and head into a dogfight in 2020 with and even further divided voter base.

Frustrating for we moderate independents.

The Democrats have a great opportunity to win it all in 2020 if they can show the country they have a message and agenda buyond resist and investigate.
They'll have a message and an agenda, but the best they can do is articulate it -- they won't be able to get anything through the Senate and get a Presidential signature. The trick will be getting that message out while keeping Trump in check and not getting everything turned into a shitshow. It will be up to the candidates to get out the message, and the House to do the checking. If they can to that in some coherent fashion, then we can look forward to repairing the damage done and moving forward in 2021.

As much as I've never been a Pelosi fan, she does seem to be the adult in the room. Her comments yesterday on the possibility of Impeachment were, I thought, reasonable and logical.

"If there's to be grounds for impeachment of President Trump - and I'm not seeking those grounds - that would have to be so clearly bipartisan in terms of acceptance of it before I think we should go down any impeachment path," Pelosi told USA TODAY.

"We have to wait and see what happens with the Mueller report," Pelosi said in a separate interview with NBC's "Today" show, referring to the special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election. "We shouldn't be impeaching for a political reason."

That’s total and complete bs. They have all kinds of work to do undoing the mess the GOP has made the last two years. And they are trying to start by opening the government.

When Mueller Issues a Report, Trump May Try to Suppress Some of It
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-report-trump-may-try-to-suppress-some-of-it

The White House may try to block portions of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s final report from being shared with Congress and the public in a fight that could end up before the Supreme Court. The White House may counter by asserting executive privilege to prevent key findings from being turned over, according to people familiar with internal deliberations.
Under the federal regulation that authorizes special counsels, Mueller is required only to submit his report to department leaders. There’s no mandate that any part of Mueller’s findings be provided to Congress or the public.

What happens next would be decided by Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker or by William Barr, Trump’s nominee for attorney general, if he’s confirmed by the Senate by then. In the past, both have criticized Mueller’s investigation into whether anyone around Trump colluded in the Russian meddling and whether the president sought to obstruct the probe.

Reactions: Bill4411
Reactions: sglowrider
Yeah, that's been speculated for some time. Even if he tries, it won't work. The House will make sure it gets made public. And if I'm Mueller, I'll have everything backed up and accessible from outside the DoJ's network.

You suggesting a home server like Hillary? ;)

Nothing so fancy or complicated. A 128G thumb drive should suffice.
Thumb drives aren't permitted to be used on government computers. Neither are external hard drives, though exceptions for those can be granted on some rare occasions. They'll have to burn a bunch of DVDs.

No kidding. Don't you think they'll have a lot of pictures, videos and audio files as part of their evidence too? I do.
Sure. But the report itself should be small. No need to smuggle out the whole body of work. Once the report is made public, the rest will follow.

Sure. But the report itself should be small. No need to smuggle out the whole body of work. Once the report is made public, the rest will follow.
Disagree. If every piece of documentary evidence isn't preserved, there is a big problem.

The Congresswoman used a profanity. Largely, that's what Republicans have been critical of. (Certainly, though, House leadership objected to her comments because she got off message from what the Democrats want to project).

The criticism of Trump's bus remarks wasn't just that they were profane. Not even close.

Going back to my original post. I’m talking about supporters and their willingness to ignore this ridiculous lack of professionalism.

Going back to my original post. I’m talking about supporters and their willingness to ignore this ridiculous lack of professionalism.
Your original post equated Trump's bus remarks and the incoming Congresswoman's profanity. They're not the same.

Regardless of whether it's unimpressive, I also don't see any basis to reach sweeping conclusions about this particular Congresswoman's lack of professionalism (especially in contrast to what we've seen across the broader landscape) based on one profanity in a revved up celebratory event. It's a curious thing to focus on or to use to draw comparisons.

Your original post equated Trump's bus remarks and the incoming Congresswoman's profanity. They're not the same.

Regardless of whether it's unimpressive, I also don't see any basis to reach sweeping conclusions about this particular Congresswoman's lack of professionalism (especially in contrast to what we've seen across the broader landscape) based on one profanity in a revved up celebratory event. It's a curious thing to focus on or to use to draw comparisons.

This is what I said in my original post:

“The sad thing is that the right was as eager to ignore Trumps “grab her by the pssy” comment as the left will be to ignore this. I know this is where some will say, but this is different, but it isn’t. Our standards suck.”

I’m clearly talking about the left and rights willingness to overlook bad behavior.

This is what I said in my original post:

“The sad thing is that the right was as eager to ignore Trumps “grab her by the pssy” comment as the left will be to ignore this. I know this is where some will say, but this is different, but it isn’t. Our standards suck.”

I’m clearly talking about the left and rights willingness to overlook bad behavior.
I agree our standards are weak.

I just think specifically drawing on the reaction to Trump's comments and to the Congresswoman's to reach any conclusions necessarily equates the two things. I think that's an error.

They'll have a message and an agenda, but the best they can do is articulate it -- they won't be able to get anything through the Senate and get a Presidential signature. The trick will be getting that message out while keeping Trump in check and not getting everything turned into a shitshow. It will be up to the candidates to get out the message, and the House to do the checking. If they can to that in some coherent fashion, then we can look forward to repairing the damage done and moving forward in 2021.

Anxious to hear that message. Nothing so far

That’s total and complete bs. They have all kinds of work to do undoing the mess the GOP has made the last two years. And they are trying to start by opening the government.

Anxious to see that message and progress. So far just more "resist and investigate"

The investigations are a large part of instilling the public trust in our government. Aside from Trumpers, Americans want the investigations.

They aren't a "large" part of anything except a certain political agenda. Nothing comes from this waste of time and opportunity.

Many of us want to get things moving in many areas including healthcare, environment, economy and border security. Take Trump and his family off to jail along with the Clintons...I don't GAS. Get this thing going.

They aren't a "large" part of anything except a certain political agenda. Nothing comes from this waste of time and opportunity.

Many of us want to get things moving in many areas including healthcare, environment, economy and border security. Take Trump and his family off to jail along with the Clintons...I don't GAS. Get this thing going.

I agree. Blame the GOP for providing zero oversight for the last two years. It is also acceptable to be pissed at those who elected Trump. As well as Trump for appointing the most corrupt cabinet in modern history.

Or you could misplace your anger at the Democratic House who now has to clean all this up.

Sayu Bhojwani:

Anxious to see what she can do. Thus far appears to be just another partisan pit bull, hopefully she becomes a leader driving change for all, not just the extreme left.

I agree. Blame the GOP for providing zero oversight for the last two years. It is also acceptable to be pissed at those who elected Trump. As well as Trump for appointing the most corrupt cabinet in modern history.

Or you could misplace your anger at the Democratic House who now has to clean all this up.

You sound like you espouse the decades old blame first agenda. Not interested. No time for it.

You sound like you espouse the decades old blame first agenda. Not interested. No time for it.

What are you talking about? House Oversight just went over Hillary’s emails against in December. Did I miss your post decrying that?

I don’t want investigations just to do them. However, we all need to know what was happening when the like of Devin Nunes was running interference for the administration. I’m an independent and I care about this stuff.

What are you talking about? House Oversight just went over Hillary’s emails against in December. Did I miss your post decrying that?

I don’t want investigations just to do them. However, we all need to know what was happening when the like of Devin Nunes was running interference for the administration. I’m an independent and I care about this stuff.

It is acceptable to blame those that elected Trump just as it is acceptable to blame those on the left that created him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT