ADVERTISEMENT

We’re gonna impeach that motherfker

Yes. Stupid sport. Terrible for the environment and overrated as a "networking" thing. My clients were institutional, so they don't go play golf. They're professional investors, not morons.

I like nice golf courses. I guess with both waste money.

Reactions: Bill4411
I'm not an adviser. I have an adviser. I just raise money...or as MJVCAJ says, I'm a sales jockey. Of course, he's still grinding it out in Brainard, MN or somewhere like that.

Mine isn’t retired at 47. You sound like a better choice.

Don't understand, but it is a Friday, so you've had a few.

I meant to say, I guess we both waste money. You on cars and me golf. I guess I have to fess up I waste money on cars too. Every car I have is IU Crimson color or as close as I can get. Lol.

I meant to say, I guess we both waste money. You on cars and me golf. I guess I have to fess up I waste money on cars too. Every car I have is IU Crimson color or as close as I can get. Lol.

Haha.. in Singapore the cars are taxed at 175% at the port. Then you need to spend another 50k for certifate to entitle you to have the car. Then there are the daily charges for entering the CBD.
So trust me when I say, you guys have no idea what wasting money on cars is like. I am the walking sucker on two legs.

Haha.. in Singapore the cars are taxed at 175% at the port. Then you need to spend another 50k for certifate to entitle you to have the car. Then there are the daily charges for entering the CBD.
So trust me when I say, you guys have no idea what wasting money on cars is like. I am the walking sucker on two legs.

Lol.....wut???

Lol.....wut???

There is an import tax on all cars. Averaging at 175%

Then to have a car, you need to bid on a Certificate of Entitlement (COE) -- a euphemism if there ever was one. (And it only lasts 10 years which you either scrap your car or re-apply for the COE at the prevailing rate) The govt limits the number of new cars on the road per month.
The COE will usually vary between $50k to as high as 100k per certificate depending on the number of COEs released by the govt per month.

Then you have to pay for the car per the car sales guys. Since its a small place, there aren't more than two authorised agents per marque/brand. But there parallel importers who have to pay all of the above but run a tighter ship/small margins.
Then there are congestion charges called ERP (Electronic Road Pricing) which a takes stored value/money off RFID holders/electronic devices on your car's windscreen. If you work downtown, it will probably be $8-10 per one way since you will be hitting several of these RFID gantries on the way to work. You will be hit again on the way back.

Then there is the parking -- at least $8/30mins unless you get seasonal or your company gets it for you.

So most cars here will be three times the price in the US, excluding the consumption taxes like parking and congestion taxes.

And with all these, you get a free tattoo on your forehead with the letter S. (I have paid a couple of hundred thousand dollars just in car-related taxes.)

Wow, had no idea.

Then to have a car, you need to bid on a Certificate of Entitlement (COE) -- a euphemism if there ever was one. (And it only lasts 10 years which you either scrap your car or re-apply for the COE at the prevailing rate) The govt limits the number of new cars on the road per month.
The COE will usually vary between $50k to as high as 100k per certificate depending on the number of COEs released by the govt per month.

Then you have to pay for the car per the car sales guys. Since its a small place, there aren't more than two authorised agents per marque/brand. But there parallel importers who have to pay all of the above but run a tighter ship/small margins.
Then there are congestion charges called ERP (Electronic Road Pricing) which a takes stored value/money off RFID holders/electronic devices on your car's windscreen. If you work downtown, it will probably be $8-10 per one way since you will be hitting several of these RFID gantries on the way to work. You will be hit again on the way back.

Then there is the parking -- at least $8/30mins unless you get seasonal or your company gets it for you.

So most cars here will be three times the price in the US, excluding the consumption taxes like parking and congestion taxes.

And with all these, you get a free tattoo on your forehead with the letter S. (I have paid a couple of hundred thousand dollars just in car-related taxes.)

What’s the income tax rates?

Didn’t cause me any outrage. I am waiting to see how Nancy handles these characters. Should be interesting.

i doubt Nancy handles anything, i'm guessing she has "people" for that.

"people" who control the money.

"people" who can threaten to fund a primary challenger in 2 yrs if you don't play ball.

no doubt the reason NP got speaker again, is because she's who the moneyed interests want, and know she'll have their back for them on the things they care about.

which is everything economic, while they'll let the little people sort it out on the purely social stuff.

Reactions: stollcpa
What’s the income tax rates?

Relatively low compared to the States. The average is like a month out of the year or if you are in the highest bracket, then its like 1/3rd.
But its a bit subversive in that you land up pay elsewhere eg cars.

edit: Forgot to mention the price of gas.... thats another highly taxed item.
Its US$1.70 per litre

Last edited:
Relatively low compared to the States. The average is like a month out of the year or if you are in the highest bracket, then its like 1/3rd.

Its US$1.70 per litre

Interesting.

Its US$1.70 per litre

So you’re filing income tax returns in two countries? Guess you can make little over $100,000 before Uncle Sam starts taking a bite?

Two posts in this thread after you were proved unequivocally wrong that Trump would never use the kind of language you’re upset about here. Planning to respond to that or just pretending it didn’t happen?

2011 speeches don’t contradict what I said.

That's nuts....does this COE transfer with the car? Say buying a used car from someone else?

Wow...that’s pretty cheeseball. You choose the color of your car by your favorite sports team? Weird-O-Rama.

What a waste of a thread over locker room talk. The right decided in 2016 that any wording can be excused by claiming it is just locker room talk.

They'd blame Obama if we "have" to go to war. Can you imagine a POTUS that watches TV 8hrs a day and acts on impulse. I really hope our military is still being guided by generals that know what they are doing.

Fine. You did post about this and nothing about Trump trashing a 4 star “General”. Seems like a weird juxtaposition for a Republican to be in. You know, trashing military heroes.
Trump is the best there ever will be at disparaging our military and vets. Yuuugely the bestest....confefe

When the other side goes low we’re gonna go lower. I didn’t figure that word was in the Quran. America has definitely corrupted her. After she institutes Sharia law I bet she won’t be able to say this.

Looks like AOC has a companion.

Nancy's going to have fun with this group.

Edit: I know I know the motherfker caused all this.

The sad thing is that the right was as eager to ignore Trumps “grab her by the pssy” comment as the left will be to ignore this. I know this is where some will say, but this is different, but it isn’t. Our standards suck.

The sad thing is that the right was as eager to ignore Trumps “grab her by the pssy” comment as the left will be to ignore this. I know this is where some will say, but this is different, but it isn’t. Our standards suck.

Neither statement okay. Watching morning news shows. All I can do is laugh. I am not sure there’s a serious politician in DC. They all act just like the Water Cooler.

It is different and meaningfully so.

Neither statement okay. Watching morning news shows. All I can do is laugh. I am not sure there’s a serious politician in DC. They all act just like the Water Cooler.

The entire country acts that way and have for quite sometime. Don't let anyone sell you the line that Trump is a cause of all of this, he is merely a symptom. Part of his appeal was people feeling he was telling the other side to "get bent" for microaggressions against them. And those accountable for those microaggressions will probably point back to some horrible that was done to them. Just like the liberals are doing with Trump right now, "We are only fighting back and we have to be nasty because they are...."

So round and round we go with everybody having their excuse to one up others. And before any of the left leaning people say anything about not having done anything to warrant Trump, some people took umbrage to being called racist, sexist, homophobic, Repubtards, the Christian Taliban, deplorables, typical white people, etc. for a time going back as far as my 40 year old mind can remember. Trump was the "f you" that many of them have been wanting. Based on the lightweights that are starting to take the reigns of the Democrats, I am prepared for the, "f me...oh yeah, well take this you mother f-er" from the left.

And we'll all have fun in stupid threads like this going "well whatabout" because there is ALWAYS a whatabout. We could track this all the way back before the start of our country. Jefferson and Hamilton had more polite whatabouts.

Let's hear you make those arguments.

Tell you what, I’m going to take a quick shower and head over to the club to play cards. Since you’re the one chirping at me why don’t you make your argument, I’ll reply later.

It's very different. The only way you can argue it's the same is if you think what was wrong about Trump's comments was that he used dirty words.

Tell you what, I’m going to take a quick shower and head over to the club to play cards. Since you’re the one chirping at me why don’t you make your argument, I’ll reply later.
The Congresswoman used a profanity. Largely, that's what Republicans have been critical of. (Certainly, though, House leadership objected to her comments because she got off message from what the Democrats want to project).

The criticism of Trump's bus remarks wasn't just that they were profane. Not even close.

The Congresswoman used a profanity. Largely, that's what Republicans have been critical of. (Certainly, though, House leadership objected to her comments because she got off message from what the Democrats want to project).

The criticism of Trump's bus remarks wasn't just that they were profane. Not even close.

Correct. The profanity was jarring, but the real issue for the Democrats is that it frames the impeachment initiative (if there is to be one) as a personal/political vendetta. The Republicans act outraged, but they likely love it. The Democrats should be the ones quietly saying, "shut the fsck up."

Correct. The profanity was jarring, but the real issue for the Democrats is that it frames the impeachment initiative (if there is to be one) as a personal/political vendetta. The Republicans act outraged, but they likely love it. The Democrats should be the ones quietly saying, "shut the fsck up."
Regardless, the false equivalencies are both tiresome and revealing.

Regardless, the false equivalencies are both tiresome and revealing.

Yeah, I agree with that. I admit that I haven't read this whole thread, mostly because I sense that it sucks. I just went off tangent on my bolded part of your quote is all.

Reactions: Thyrsis
Standards for what? Saying or doing?

When my son was about seven, I realized he was a bit concerned about what language he could use, having heard adults use "foul" language. I took him aside and told him to always feel free to communicate whatever he wanted and never let anyone suppress his free expression. I could see the heavy weight come off his shoulders and he beamed in happiness. He's a good person. This didn't free him to use "swear" words, it just freed him to be there and communicate.

One way suppressive people try to control others is by suppressing their words. There is a vast difference between words and intent and another vast difference between words and actions. The fact that this forum auto-suppresses certain words is just another example of a cockeyed view of what's important for free people in a free society.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT