Votes: 4 4.3%
  • $100K to $149.999K

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • $150K to $199.999K

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Over $200K

Votes: 33 35.5%

• Total voters
Nope, don't think so. Never lived off the grid, never shot a mortar (but I have driven a car on Union Valley).
You asked/ we spoke, a few months ago about a guy that had a civil war mortar on Union valley Rd that you were friends with. My brother had spent some time with you guys learning servival skils and it was an awesome time of his life.

You asked/ we spoke, a few months ago about a guy that had a civil war mortar on Union valley Rd that you were friends with. My brother had spent some time with you guys learning servival skils and it was an awesome time of his life.
Oh, he may have one. I never fired it or saw it. Or maybe there are two different people with the same last name.

Oh, he may have one. I never fired it or saw it. Or maybe there are two different people with the same last name.
It was a small community. There wasn't two, but I think I understand the obfuscation.
Anyway, this was a small vaca road trip down memory lane of a pretty cool part of my past.

Not according to Dave. No credit cards ever.
If you don't have any discipline, he's right. I use my credit cards for just about everything and pay them off every month. USAA and NFCU pay me to use my credit cards with cash rewards every month, I don't pay them anything. I even put $10,000 on my credit card for part of the payment for each of my last two cars. The dealers don't like to do that, but it was part of the negotiated deals and I got what I wanted. Pretty big rebate for that.

Reactions: NPT
I even put $10,000 on my credit card for part of the payment for each of my last two cars. The dealers don't like to do that, but it was part of the negotiated deals and I got what I wanted.

LOL. When we bought The Boss's car I had to pull money from several different places, and I was going to need to sell some stock to get all I needed. During the closing I wrote checks from two different accounts and then handed him the credit card for the balance. He pushed back, said they didn't take credit cards for that much money. I told them in that case I could write them a check that wouldn't be good for a week or we could walk away. They took the credit card.

LOL. When we bought The Boss's car I had to pull money from several different places, and I was going to need to sell some stock to get all I needed. During the closing I wrote checks from two different accounts and then handed him the credit card for the balance. He pushed back, said they didn't take credit cards for that much money. I told them in that case I could write them a check that wouldn't be good for a week or we could walk away. They took the credit card.
Good negotiation tactic.

If you don't have any discipline, he's right. I use my credit cards for just about everything and pay them off every month. USAA and NFCU pay me to use my credit cards with cash rewards every month, I don't pay them anything. I even put $10,000 on my credit card for part of the payment for each of my last two cars. The dealers don't like to do that, but it was part of the negotiated deals and I got what I wanted. Pretty big rebate for that.

I can best that. Last year I had a GC doing a remodel/ remediation on a property (paid by insurance). Their office sent me the invoice with an online payment option, and I was happy to pay the $65k bill with my CC. Had to call the bank ahead of time to make sure there would be no issues..... it was over my limit but they said no problem.

I get 2.625% cash back on every purchase, no limit, so was happy to take a free $1,700. Couldn't believe the GC would take a credit card for that amount. Clearly we were paying them too much

I can best that. Last year I had a GC doing a remodel/ remediation on a property (paid by insurance). Their office sent me the invoice with an online payment option, and I was happy to pay the $65k bill with my CC. Had to call the bank ahead of time to make sure there would be no issues..... it was over my limit but they said no problem.

I get 2.625% cash back on every purchase, no limit, so was happy to take a free $1,700. Couldn't believe the GC would take a credit card for that amount. Clearly we were paying them too much
No business in the world, is running so close on a $65k job that 2.6% will be a make or break margin. That has nothing to do with paying them too much. All he was seeing was the cash in is my account in 3..2..POOF !. done.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
No business in the world, is running so close on a $65k job that 2.6% will be a make or break margin. That has nothing to do with paying them too much. All he was seeing was the cash in is my account in 3..2..POOF !. done.

I agree with that.... the decision to take cards or not often comes down to managing A/R.

That's right at my limit too. I've not had a reason to get close to it though. :)

I was surprised to see two people in the under 25K group. All this inflation has to be really hard on them. While I don't like it, it has not affected what we do. I wonder how many people on here has changed things because of inflation.

by "inflation", i presume you mean the propaganda term for monopoly/oligopoly driven pandemic profiteering price gouging.

if not. wake up.

by "inflation", i presume you mean the propaganda term for monopoly/oligopoly driven pandemic profiteering price gouging.

if not. wake up.
No I mean the result of the government passing out money like there was an endless supply which, according to Washington, I guess there is.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC

It's kind of a game to me. I have 3 credit cards that we use and which one we use depends on what we are buying. Sam's credit card gives you 5% back on gasoline purchases and 3% back on restaurant purchases. Another one gives you 2% back on everything. The third one is used for online purchases because it supports virtual card numbers so I always use a virtual number online.

Obviously you have a good credit score or they never would have let you do that. What gets me is how credit scores will go down with just a little increase in your credit use. For example, they always say you don't want to have bills that amount to more than 30% of your available credit but my score will go down a little if mine percent goes from 3% to 5%.

Reactions: DANC
See if you are rich.... :):)
When+i+get+my+student+loan_c3c6a2_4112458.gif

You know how I know you're rich?

You pay to get the NY Times.
If you’re using an iPhone and Safari, click on that link and it’ll open in Safari. Then click on the AA at the upper left and choose “Show Reader” from the drop-down and you’ll be past the pay wall. It’s a trick I learned here from someone.

If you’re using an iPhone and Safari, click on that link and it’ll open in Safari. Then click on the AA at the upper left and choose “Show Reader” from the drop-down and you’ll be past the pay wall. It’s a trick I learned here from someone.
Too lazy. I do a similar thing for Business Insider articles, where I click 'Dismiss' and it goes to the article. Only problem is, I'm not fast enough to click it and then I can't get to it.

You know how I know you're rich?

You pay to get the NY Times.
Never..... that's a low blow. :) :) It let me see the survey ... I would never ever pay to subscribe to any newspaper. :)

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT