ADVERTISEMENT

WC Poll: Are you in favor of racial preferences in college admissions?

Are you in favor of colleges giving racial preferences in student admissions?

• Yes, I am in favor of racial preferences in student admissions.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No, I am not in favor of racial preferences in student admissions.

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Republicans don’t have room to be calling any other republicans names. @Aloha Hoosier would vote for Biden if the only choice was Trump. If Trump is the only choice against Biden, I’ll vote for Trump. I disagree with Aloha but I am thrilled he’s a republican and I am not giving him any grief.

I wonder what liberals call democrats that are pro life? I’ve heard liberals say they don’t want those folks in their party.
Bullshit

Cannot resist reminding everyone about Ward Connerly who as a Republican/Libertarian and person of color stood against affirmative action in the late 1990s as a University of California Regent. Connerly wasn't popular in some progressive circles. However, his libertarian leanings did prompt him to support same sex marriage. He marched to his own beat,

Connerly was a businessman and not a lawyer, but he seems to have been a good sense of were our laws would take us.

This Wiki article about Connerly in part states the following..

Connerly's opposition to affirmative action has generated both opposition and support.[32] Connerly believes affirmative action is a form of racism and that people can achieve success without preferential treatment in college enrollment or in employment. He thinks that selective affirmative action discriminates against minorities such as Asian Indians and South East Asians, as some of their people have experienced discrimination in the past, but they do not receive the benefits of race-based admissions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT