ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia climbs into the top 25...season could still be saved

Virginia, unlike IU, has a legitimate coach and gets better as the season goes on. IU goes into a downward spiral every season after its glorious start. Things never change for IU.
Seriously, has someone hacked into your account? Up until a couple of weeks ago, you were one of the most consistently positive posters on this board. You've now morphed into fpeaugh, upset alert and gradman.

Reactions: 76-1 and 82hoosier
Seriously, has someone hacked into your account? Up until a couple of weeks ago, you were one of the most consistently positive posters on this board. You've now morphed into fpeaugh, upset alert and gradman.

Nope. No hacking. I’ve just come to see what they have been warning us about all along. Should have seen this before but too blind by my own faith in this IU goat rodeo to see this is Darrell Hazell-Billy Lynch-Mike Davis-Tom Crean idiocy at its best.

Good coaches reveal themselves early. Like Bill Mallory: he had no personnel but you could tell early he would build something. The future here is clear.

Nope. No hacking. I’ve just come to see what they have been warning us about all along. Should have seen this before but too blind by my own faith in this IU goat rodeo to see this is Darrell Hazell-Billy Lynch-Mike Davis-Tom Crean idiocy at its best.

Good coaches reveal themselves early. Like Bill Mallory: he had no personnel but you could tell early he would build something. The future here is clear.

Lol as clear as your optimism before the season? For as confident as you always are with your opinions, I'm just as confident that they're worthless.

For the second straight season we beat Virginia and the Cavaliers will be going bowling and we likely won't. Virginia may have improved, but for at least this season I think the ACC lack of overall strength has something to do with that. UVA is listed 43rd in the Sagarin Ratings with the 62nd toughest schedule. IU is 67th and has the 21st toughest schedule with Michigan and Purdue (24th) coming up. We will have played four teams listed in the Sagarin top 10 with Michigan at 4, OSU at 6, PSU at 7 and Iowa at 9. The problem is that the top teams in our division are never going to get much worse, so we have to get better in order to move up in the win total.

When I think of the ACC I think of Clemson, Florida State and Virginia Tech as teams that are usually very good. I don't know whether to include ND with that arrangement of only playing five games against ACC opponents. But this year Clemson is 2, ND is 12 and with the 45th toughest schedule, and Virginia Tech is 52nd. Sagarin ratings for other ACC teams are Miami at 25, NC State at 31, Boston College at 33, Georgia Tech at 39, Syracuse at 44, Duke at 45, Florida State at 56 and Pitt at 66. It was believed that Virginia Tech was good, but was beaten at Old Dominion and slaughtered by Georgia Tech. So it would be interesting if IU had played against some of those teams and how it would fared.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
So you must think that either Virginia is quite a bit better than Penn State, or just that we'd be slaughtered by everyone we play.

I’d venture to say if we played Virginia this week on a neutral field and no hurricane we’d lose by 2-3 TDs.
We would lose to little sisters of the poor this week. The team desperately needs the bye week. Players were dropping like flies in the minny game. I'll wait an see how rejuvenated we are in two weeks.

I’d venture to say if we played Virginia this week on a neutral field and no hurricane we’d lose by 2-3 TDs.
It was raining on IU, too. And, sure, we had a huge home field advantage (lol). But, ok, let's just pretend that game (and the IU win) didn't happen and give UVA a do-over.

Dude, do you think before you hit "post reply?"

It was raining on IU, too. And, sure, we had a huge home field advantage (lol). But, ok, let's just pretend that game (and the IU win) didn't happen and give UVA a do-over.

Dude, do you think before you hit "post reply?"
I said we got the win. My point, which was obvious to everyone else but went over your head, is that since that game VA has improved and trended upward, while we fell off a cliff. I’m not sure how you got confused.

I said we got the win. My point, which was obvious to everyone else but went over your head, is that since that game VA has improved and trended upward, while we fell off a cliff. I’m not sure how you got confused.
Thanks for the news that we won.

I wasn't confused. I was amused. The schedule is the schedule. "Venturing to say" that if we had played Penn State the first week of the season we would have won would be just as ridiculous as your hypothetical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT