ADVERTISEMENT

Victoria Spartz retiring after 2024

larsIU

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 17, 2010
Two high school kids at home. I get it. Hopefully we don't get a loon to replace her. Article also mentions she was originally against throwing Omar off the intelligence committee before finally voting yes.

While I wouldn't call her an independent voice she was very center right at least in words if not always by her voting.

Two high school kids at home. I get it. Hopefully we don't get a loon to replace her. Article also mentions she was originally against throwing Omar off the intelligence committee before finally voting yes.

While I wouldn't call her an independent voice she was very center right at least in words if not always by her voting.

That fact that Omar is allowed on a committee with the name Intelligence in the first place is the travesty.

That fact that Omar is allowed on a committee with the name Intelligence in the first place is the travesty.
Yes. No. Maybe. Meh.

Just disagreeing with her radical positions may not be reason enough to remove her. I don't know. Committee assignments seem arbitrary after the ranking members or senior members are decided.

Yes. No. Maybe. Meh.

Just disagreeing with her radical positions may not be reason enough to remove her. I don't know. Committee assignments seem arbitrary after the ranking members or senior members are decided.

Radical positions? She literally funneled $3 million to her former Mister, now Husband's consulting firm.

That's not intelligence. Though it is arroagance.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Radical positions? She literally funneled $3 million to her former Mister, now Husband's consulting firm.

That's not intelligence. Though it is arroagance.
I mean, it's Congress. If you dig too deep all you get is deeper.

• Haha
Reactions: Indianaftw

Nancy Mace said the same. Kevin was able to buy them both off.

At this point I’ll take the slightest sign of a backbone against the extremism.

Except that kind of "backbone signaling" is totally bogus. It's how people like Jeff Flake and Susan Collins get labeled as moderates when they still vote the party line 96% of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Except that kind of "backbone signaling" is totally bogus. It's how people like Jeff Flake and Susan Collins get labeled as moderates when they still vote the party line 96% of the time.
True. But this is the House we’re talking about.

Yes. No. Maybe. Meh.

She's an anti-Semite who got into the country by marrying her brother.

She can still serve on other committees, which is more generous than Pelosi was with Republicans she 'disagreed' with.

• Haha
I stand corrected. Although as the article says, it had nothing to do with having a conscience -- it was all about protocol and power.
That's the LA Times interpretation of it - they're a liberal rag.

Reactions: Sassy61
I stand corrected. Although as the article says, it had nothing to do with having a conscience -- it was all about protocol and power.
Here's a little more on Byrd's KKK background.

"Byrd joined the Klan at the ripe young age of 24 — hardly a young'un by today's standards, much less those of 1944, when Byrd refused to join the military because he might have to serve alongside "race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds," according to a letter Byrd wrote to Sen. Theodore Bilbo at the height of World War II.

How long would the media have allowed a Republican former KKK member to serve, or a Republican who left his mistress to die? Would they have ever forgiven and honored them?"

Here's a little more on Byrd's KKK background.

"Byrd joined the Klan at the ripe young age of 24 — hardly a young'un by today's standards, much less those of 1944, when Byrd refused to join the military because he might have to serve alongside "race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds," according to a letter Byrd wrote to Sen. Theodore Bilbo at the height of World War II.

How long would the media have allowed a Republican former KKK member to serve, or a Republican who left his mistress to die? Would they have ever forgiven and honored them?"

Shh , you are talking about Uncle Marks hero !

She's been decent.

Reactions: larsIU
She also apologized and said she was wrong to think that.

You know - kind of how Robert Byrd was considered the 'conscience of the Senate".
When?

I did a search of MTG apologize Sandy Hook. Nothing on the first page of results. You would think her apologizing would be big news...whenever it allegedly happened.

When?

I did a search of MTG apologize Sandy Hook. Nothing on the first page of results. You would think her apologizing would be big news...whenever it allegedly happened.
She doesn't seem like the type who would apologize for anything.

I'd argue she's missed the most important years already, not that I'm faulting her. Just pointing out that the best time to go into politics or any high travel, high stress job is when the kids are older.

I'd argue she's missed the most important years already, not that I'm faulting her. Just pointing out that the best time to go into politics or any high travel, high stress job is when the kids are older.
Yeah. She probably wants to be home to keep the kids out of the normal high school trouble. Plus their last years before they go to college.

@larsIU I met her at a fundraiser. She was real nice. Seemed like a person who wouldn’t want to be politics, so it doesn’t surprise me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT