ADVERTISEMENT

Very optimistic....

About the team... We have some good players... And, good peeps coming in! Go IU!
Look out for the Negative Nancy Club.
simpsons-torches.jpg

They will be calling you out soon. See if you spot them in this thread as it develops.

The Night King and his frosty horde will soon be on the attack. Be prepared!!! Nothing positive about IU ever gets by them. They go into a feeding frenzy of negativity.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Optimistic and realistic. If Lander arrives for next season the expectations go way up, and the results have to match.

Somewhat surprised nobody has chosen to go into the transfer portal, at this point. I'd expect one or two to go and one or two to be added.

Lander makes me optimistic. He and TJD could be VERY GOOD together, but I've not been overly impressed with CAM's three years. I sincerely hopes he changes my mind next season.

Reactions: cryano
Optimistic and realistic. If Lander arrives for next season the expectations go way up, and the results have to match.

Somewhat surprised nobody has chosen to go into the transfer portal, at this point. I'd expect one or two to go and one or two to be added.
There were several good players in the transfer portal. Many of the best have already picked their schools. Many that are left are the players that didn't fit in with the school they signed up with or they have improved so much at a mid major that they believe they can have a great year at a P5 conference school. There are also a lot of 3 star and below players looking to join a lower level program where they can have more playing time and impact.

Great players don't leave a program for one year at another program. What you get from the portal is depth unless early departures and missed recruiting opportunities have made these players more important. Porkchop has depended on grad transfers because he can't develop the type of players he can recruit fast enough to compete. He lets other coaches take the risk on players and he scoops up the ones that develop into players that can play in the B1G.

IU still needs a big guy who can shoot and defend.

But I think they will undoubtedly improve overall next season with what they have.

Green's biggest strength was similar to VJiii- he brought offense to otherwise stagnant team play. And he was quick. But he made so many bad decisions and miscues that simply playing smarter and having a deeper, more experienced guard corps should be ample replacement.

I would love to see a new big guy come in next year to add some depth in the post, but it may not happen. Still, with defenses focusing on stopping TJD, any sort of shooting from another forward would greatly help next year's team. Doesn't Kirk Haston have one more year of eligibility? I'd settle for Haris Mujezinovic.

Lander makes me optimistic. He and TJD could be VERY GOOD together, but I've not been overly impressed with CAM's three years. I sincerely hopes he changes my mind next season.

IU has not had, at least in recent decades, a five star level talent who has not started as a freshman. The exception may end up being Lander since he will be coming in a year early. It is an interesting situation. Either way, he will get minutes and may show some real flashes as the year unfolds.

Folks will be disappointed if they think Lander will make a major impact..
Not saying he's not going to help..
I'll be more interested in seeing Hunter & Franklin make a big jump..Which is more realistic.imo.

Do you think he should just finish his Senior year? From the one game I saw of his in the Sectional he has a real nice shot. But his body really needs some work. A year of hitting the weights hard and maturing might help him in the long run.

Pointing out reality doesn’t mean I like it.

And there in lies your problem, you think it is "reality" that IU sucks at everything. Maybe your reality or some alternate reality but not the reality that most of us live in. Go back to PU.

Reactions: Radio Zero
And there in lies your problem, you think it is "reality" that IU sucks at everything. Maybe your reality or some alternate reality but not the reality that most of us live in. Go back to PU.
Not everything, just IU basketball right now. There are dozens of things IU is awesome at. Things that I wouldn’t trade with any other university in the world. Basketball is not one of them.

fpeaugh-I didn't know there was an I hate everything about IU committee but you must preside over it. I have not ever read one article or post where you state anything good about IU. Do you just enjoy trolling?

fpeaugh-I didn't know there was an I hate everything about IU committee but you must preside over it. I have not ever read one article or post where you state anything good about IU. Do you just enjoy trolling?
I love IU. No one on here loves IU more than I do. I’m just not happy with the current state of our basketball program. Haven’t been for a long time.

Folks will be disappointed if they think Lander will make a major impact..
Not saying he's not going to help..
I'll be more interested in seeing Hunter & Franklin make a big jump..Which is more realistic.imo.

Phin needs to be at the top of that trio. Hopefully not being fully healthy was his issue and as an upperclassmen, he can bring his good games consistently. This teams looked so much better when he was on on the court than off even if he was up and down as far his play. Let's hope it is as much about him rather than the others who masqueraded at PG making the offense erratic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT