ADVERTISEMENT

Usually someone posts some pretty good threads.....

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
from the Purdue Forums. Anybody seen anything coming from there that can make us smile this morning????

Today at 8:32 AM
"That lob to Zach where Zach dunked on clingans head was crazy!"
"Probably won’t have as many next season, but he will have a bunch. Excited to see how he improves for next year!"

Today at 8:47 AM
"Congrats for him. Solid guy to build our program around for next 2 years. Generational talent that will make the young guys better."

At least two people on Purdue's boards are thinking that Edey is back next year!!!!!!

"Probably won’t have as many next season, but he will have a bunch. Excited to see how he improves for next year!"

"Congrats for him. Solid guy to build our program around for next 2 years. Generational talent that will make the young guys better."

At least two people on Purdue's boards are thinking that Edey is back next year!!!!!!
He could be.

Reactions: Tscurlo

He's not coming back, and neither Gillis nor anyone else who went through Senior Day will be back. We'll also have at least one transfer out.

But no worries—we'll still be relevant and ranked all year—we'll just be super young. In two years, we'll be in a position to make another legitimate deep March run.

This team accomplished a lot by simply changing the narrative around Purdue's March results. With that monkey off the program's back, I expect future teams to be able to play looser in the tournament and I think we'll get another crack at a Final Four in the next few years.

heard that too

He's not coming back, and neither Gillis nor anyone else who went through Senior Day will be back. We'll also have at least one transfer out.

But no worries—we'll still be relevant and ranked all year—we'll just be super young. In two years, we'll be in a position to make another legitimate deep March run.

This team accomplished a lot by simply changing the narrative around Purdue's March results. With that monkey off the program's back, I expect future teams to be able to play looser in the tournament and I think we'll get another crack at a Final Four in the next few years.
I wonder if Gillis would have made a good football player. When he ran into that one kid last night the kid went plop.

Reactions: kkott
I wonder if Gillis would have made a good football player. When he ran into that one kid last night the kid went plop.
Also.... was looking at Gillis and Furst specs earlier. Gillis is 6'-6" and 225lbs. Furst is 6'-10" and 225lbs.

If Furst had the same weight to height ratio that Gillis has..... Furst might have been a playing a lot more this season.

Gillis is tough as nails, but I don't know if his back and knees could have held up in football.

I think he would have taken his COVID year if his body had let him. That dude gave it his all and played through a lot of pain the last few years. I think he is hanging it up and will be moving on.

He'll be successful in whatever he does next.

No Chance
Losers again

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold

Scholarship grid is pretty packed. Who is the transfer? Furst maybe?

Scholarship grid is pretty packed. Who is the transfer? Furst maybe?

Furst and Brian Waddell are the two most likely candidates to free up a slot. But Furst has a brother on the team still and Waddell is a legacy so I could see both staying, and if they do then I would be surprised by whomever else was the one to transfer out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Morton entered the portal and used his Covid/Grad year somewhere. But that doesn't help the scholarship grid.

I hopped over there few times and it's pretty reasonable. Most of them recognizing they got whipped by a better team. The real meltdowns come when they lose to the 15 an 16 seeds.

Can't go over there, they banned everyone related to IU after one of their early exits 4 or 5 years ago, lost to whats-a-matta U or someone like that.

Talk about little brother?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT