ADVERTISEMENT

Trumpster fire

Rockfish1

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001
DumpsterFire2.jpg

I don’t think that Trump can withstand the scrutiny that Robert Mueller is focusing on him. One way or another, I expect Trump will do everything he can to shut down Mueller’s investigation. This includes firing people who won’t fire Mueller and pardoning his aides, his family members, and even himself.

In this context, I assume that the leaks about Jeff Sessions’ conversations with the Russian ambassador came from the Trump administration, and not from rogue operators within the supposed Deep State. I think that Trump is trying to squeeze Sessions out without actually having to fire him, so he can appoint someone who he thinks would fire Mueller (unlike Rod Rosenstein, who’s from Baltimore, which Trump finds suspicious). If Sessions doesn’t go, I bet Trump will eventually fire him, because Trump can’t allow the investigation to take the course it’s reportedly now on.

Thus, I think we will eventually find out whether Republicans are more loyal to their tribe or their country, because impeachment would be the only remedy for such egregious presidential misconduct. Who’s confident that Republicans would do the right thing? Not me.

It's astounding that just six months into his first year in office, Trump is consumed by a metastasizing scandal, while reportedly preparing to go to war with the investigators and pardon his way out. But the real problem isn't Trump. The real problem is our dysfunctional Republican Party and the 63 million Americans who irresponsibly voted for the most obviously unfit candidate any major political party has ever put forward for President in all of our history. Thanks ever so much, Trump voters. If only someone had warned you.

O0UjOJZ.jpg

DumpsterFire2.jpg

I don’t think that Trump can withstand the scrutiny that Robert Mueller is focusing on him. One way or another, I expect Trump will do everything he can to shut down Mueller’s investigation. This includes firing people who won’t fire Mueller and pardoning his aides, his family members, and even himself.

In this context, I assume that the leaks about Jeff Sessions’ conversations with the Russian ambassador came from the Trump administration, and not from rogue operators within the supposed Deep State. I think that Trump is trying to squeeze Sessions out without actually having to fire him, so he can appoint someone who he thinks would fire Mueller (unlike Rod Rosenstein, who’s from Baltimore, which Trump finds suspicious). If Sessions doesn’t go, I bet Trump will eventually fire him, because Trump can’t allow the investigation to take the course it’s reportedly now on.

Thus, I think we will eventually find out whether Republicans are more loyal to their tribe or their country, because impeachment would be the only remedy for such egregious presidential misconduct. Who’s confident that Republicans would do the right thing? Not me.

It's astounding that just six months into his first year in office, Trump is consumed by a metastasizing scandal, while reportedly preparing to go to war with the investigators and pardon his way out. But the real problem isn't Trump. The real problem is our dysfunctional Republican Party and the 63 million Americans who irresponsibly voted for the most obviously unfit candidate any major political party has ever put forward for President in all of our history. Thanks ever so much, Trump voters. If only someone had warned you.

O0UjOJZ.jpg

That's all true, but there is one other wrench to consider. I'm fully expecting trump to start a war somewhere (probably Iran). Nothing gets a country/party to rally around their President like war.

You know what would be cool? For John McCain to rebound long enough to come back to the Senate and lead a movement of *Country First* Republicans in both houses to oust Trump and bring Washington back to some semblance of sanity. Talk about going out in a blaze of glory...

No, I haven't been drinking. Maybe I should start.

Thus, I think we will eventually find out whether Republicans are more loyal to their tribe or their country, because impeachment would be the only remedy for such egregious presidential misconduct. Who’s confident that Republicans would do the right thing? Not me
I am only confident that whatever they do they will claim it is the right thing.

You know what would be cool? For John McCain to rebound long enough to come back to the Senate and lead a movement of *Country First* Republicans in both houses to oust Trump and bring Washington back to some semblance of sanity. Talk about going out in a blaze of glory...

fyi, the trump republican crowd is rooting for McCain to DIE already.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-die-already-a-gop-official-responded-amen/

What good is a group of two, maybe three, republicans gonna do?

Rosenstein wasn't a Baltimore street cop, was he? That would make me suspicious too. ;)

The lies and revised disclosures from this Administration are disgusting. This scandal is getting bigger, deeper, and closer to the Oval Office every week.

The moderate Republicans in the Senate, who detest him, will be his ultimate undoing. Their influence and standing in the Senate is unrivaled, and their influence among their fellow Republicans and across the aisle will result in his ultimate removal.

Rosenstein wasn't a Baltimore street cop, was he? That would make me suspicious too. ;)

The lies and revised disclosures from this Administration are disgusting. This scandal is getting bigger, deeper, and closer to the Oval Office every week.
No surprise that it is getting closer to the Oval Office, since that's where it starts.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
That's all true, but there is one other wrench to consider. I'm fully expecting trump to start a war somewhere (probably Iran). Nothing gets a country/party to rally around their President like war.
Or a terrorist attack and then declare permanent martial law.

DumpsterFire2.jpg

Thus, I think we will eventually find out whether Republicans are more loyal to their tribe or their country,

O0UjOJZ.jpg

Will find out?

Righties proved they hate America and are only loyal to their Party when Georgie was Prez.

He was a complete disaster and Righties never cared once.......yet they investigated Clinton and Obama every time they farted.

And now it's 100,000 times worse with Trump and, magically, they still don't care.

It's all about that Magical (R).......even if their Messiah is exactly what they claim to hate.

Unprecedented!! Infighting spilling onto the streets of Twitter! Mooch accusing poor Reince.

I guess after the Dear Leader attacks his own, infighting will be common now. How on earth is the country suppose to be run/managed when this sort of thing is happening?

This is what you call CEO leadership?

Reactions: Bill4411
Was just getting on to post this about Priebus. Honestly, when will this clownshow end? The new communications director also thinks it's a good idea to start a twitter war and air their dirty laundry? And then they complain about leakers? It's beyond laughable.

Was just getting on to post this about Priebus. Honestly, when will this clownshow end? The new communications director also thinks it's a good idea to start a twitter war and air their dirty laundry? And then they complain about leakers? It's beyond laughable.

Technically Mooch cant even start work at the WH. He is in the middle of selling his share in the company he co-founded. Conflict of interest -- oh wait...

Goat: Are you looking at the funny side of things yet? Or are you still trying to intellectualising it? To me, its like a dark, dystopian TV show where the funny parts/scenes have no laugh tracks embedded.

This guy is the Director of Communications!! This is another example of putting people who have no background or qualifications into critical positions under the Trump regime! :D:D
(Kushner, the Middle East Guru who had no idea who the Russian Ambassador was etc.)

Goat: Are you looking at the funny side of things yet? Or are you still trying to intellectualising it? To me, its like a dark, dystopian TV show where the funny parts/scenes have no laugh tracks embedded.

This guy is the Director of Communications!! This is another example of putting people who have no background or qualifications into critical positions under the Trump regime! :D:D
(Kushner, the Middle East Guru who had no idea who the Russian Ambassador was etc.)
It's too absurd to be funny. We'd need a "Whaaaat?" track for this.

Mooch Madness:

Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him"

Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?”

“I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

And he isnt expected to start at the WH till Mid-August.

popcorn-time-header-copy-664x374.png

I do find it interesting that it's the women with the testicular fortitude to stand up against Trump. I'm sure part of it is frustration that not a single woman was involved in the shaping of the bill, even though some of the cuts, and some health care issues are uniquely female related. It's a shame there aren't more women in office in the GOP. One of my groups is working on training women and encouraging them to run, and it's bipartisan.

I do find it interesting that it's the women with the testicular fortitude to stand up against Trump. I'm sure part of it is frustration that not a single woman was involved in the shaping of the bill, even though some of the cuts, and some health care issues are uniquely female related. It's a shame there aren't more women in office in the GOP. One of my groups is working on training women and encouraging them to run, and it's bipartisan.

Probably more compromising n fewer wars.

That is the scariest frickin tweet ive seen yet. They truly are in bed with Russia. I wonder how long its going to be until our population becomes numb to all of this and just allows an authoritarian leader to do as he pleases in the WH.

Every play he makes is out of the dictator 101 handbook

That is the scariest frickin tweet ive seen yet. They truly are in bed with Russia. I wonder how long its going to be until our population becomes numb to all of this and just allows an authoritarian leader to do as he pleases in the WH.

Every play he makes is out of the dictator 101 handbook
His veto will be overriden, I'm quite sure.

I hope he does veto it. This entire sanctions bill is political chest thumping. It's disgusting. Sanctions rarely work, specifically these sanctions.

I hope he does veto it. This entire sanctions bill is political chest thumping. It's disgusting. Sanctions rarely work, specifically these sanctions.

I'm under the impression he will veto based on the fact he will lose money, and that reason alone. I would laugh my ass off if he used the rationale you provided above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT