ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Trial - New York

What do you think is the most likely outcome in the New York trial?

• A guilty verdict on some or all of the counts

• An acquittal ("total exoneration!")

• A hung jury (jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and a mistrial is declared)

• Trump pleads guilty to something prior to a verdict being rendered

• Other (for example, a mistrial based on something other than a hung jury)

Results are only viewable after voting.
You are kidding right? Trump faced more litigation, met more bureaucratic foot dragging, and more congressional objections than any president in my life time.

Meanwhile Biden rewrites environmental, energy, immigration, and Title IX laws, against popular opinion, and without congressional review and people like you don’t give a shit. Barr was right, Biden is national suicide.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/bill-barr-trump-indictment-first-amendment-face-the-nation/ He’s right here too?

I absolutely do. Which is why I support Biden. Why do you think you know better than the people who know Trump best? I know Biden lies. He doesn’t pick up a sharpie and change the path of a hurricane because he refuses to be wrong. Speaking of policy, that noncompete law that was just passed seems to be making workers pretty happy.
Because I have no idea what bias or motivations those people have nor do I care the least about a bunch of politicians and gov officials. I can analyze outcomes myself. I can understand what the impact will be of cradle to grave benefits. Defunding police. Open borders. I can interpret results. I can go by the food bank and see how people are doing. I can participate in the United way targeted funding programs. I have a master’s in public admin/policy and a law degree. I don’t need opinion. Biden has made life harder for Americans. Don’t you care about that?

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
National suicide.
We are watching the systematic destruction of fair trial, due process, congressional authority, independent DOJ, federalism, and increases in heavy handed executive rule making and fed dominance over state and local government. I think national suicide is an apt description.

I think you would like to live the peace, security, and conformity of the society in The Giver.

I absolutely do. Which is why I support Biden. Why do you think you know better than the people who know Trump best? I know Biden lies. He doesn’t pick up a sharpie and change the path of a hurricane because he refuses to be wrong. Speaking of policy, that noncompete law that was just passed seems to be making workers pretty happy.
Are you kidding? Sharpie? Hurricane? You really attach significance to that? The Budgets of many local governments are trashed because of Biden’s border policies and you bring up Sharpies? Good lord!

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Because I have no idea what bias or motivations those people have nor do I care the least about a bunch of politicians and gov officials. I can analyze outcomes myself. I can understand what the impact will be of cradle to grave benefits. Defunding police. Open borders. I can interpret results. I can go by the food bank and see how people are doing. I can participate in the United way targeted funding programs. I have a master’s in public admin/policy and a law degree. I don’t need opinion. Biden has made life harder for Americans. Don’t you care about that?
No I believe the people who know Trump best. I don’t think nearly every person in his administration had it out for him for some reason or another. That’s Trump thinking. He’s always the victim. All the haters. All the never Trumpers. There’s a reason, and a good oneThey know what Trump’s policies were and they know what Biden’s are. And again, I don’t believe Biden has made it harder for Americans.

Reactions: UncleMark
You never posted anything the least bit interesting, informative or even entertaining on this board.

That fact somebody like you even reads my posts leads me to think I’ve lost a step.
That fact somebody like you even reads my posts leads me to think I’ve lost a step.

The fact that you apparently wrote that with a straight face, while seemingly ignoring the "quality" of some of the posters who not only read your posts but respond with a like "leads me to think" you've lost something...

I didn’t say any of those things. I only list facts. He is a criminal. He is a repeat sexual offender. He is a habitual liar. Trump has broken every norm and convention and societal construct. Nearly everyone who has worked for him will attest to the fact that he is unfit for office. I believe them. Don’t you?
zeke4ahs said:
"No, electing a man like Trump was the nail in the coffin. All bets are off once you did that."

As for your question, I'll answer it: yes, I do. I agree with nearly everything in Post #444, except I won't vote for Biden. If I vote, I'll vote 3rd party. I think Trump is awful, but I think you have to be borderline mentally ill to think he is going to turn the US into a dictatorship, that he is the next Hitler, that he is a more evil man than Al freakin' Capone. I also am not tribal enough to ignore that some of Trump's political instincts were, in fact, right on the money. And finally, I'm not stupid or pretentious enough to think of all his supporters as racists, stupid, slack-jawed, yadda yadda yadda.

More importantly, though, I'm not going to support "getting" Trump by any means necessary. I"m not going to say "all bets are off."

And no, Trump hasn't broken "every norm and convention and societal construct." What a silly, unserious statement. And that comes within only one line of the statement "I only list facts."

Last edited:
No I believe the people who know Trump best. I don’t think nearly every person in his administration had it out for him for some reason or another. That’s Trump thinking. He’s always the victim. All the haters. All the never Trumpers. There’s a reason, and a good oneThey know what Trump’s policies were and they know what Biden’s are. And again, I don’t believe Biden has made it harder for Americans.
You’re just talking in gossip. You can compare gas prices. Food prices. Home prices. Car prices. You can see the backlash to EV. you can compare crossings under trump and Biden. You can look at police stats and compare numbers from defunding to reversing. That’s data. The rest is meaningless

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23
zeke4ahs said:
"No, electing a man like Trump was the nail in the coffin. All bets are off once you did that."

As for your question, I'll answer it: yes, I do. I agree with nearly everything in Post #444, except I won't vote for Biden. If I vote, I'll vote 3rd party. I think Trump is awful, but I think you have to be borderline mentally ill to think he is going to turn the US into a dictatorship, that he is the next Hitler, that he is a more evil man than Al freakin' Capone. I also am not tribal enough to ignore that some of Trump's political instincts were, in fact, right on the money. And finally, I'm not stupid or pretentious enough to all his supporters as racists, stupid, slack-jawed, yadda yadda yadda.

More importantly, though, I'm not going to support "getting" Trump by any means necessary. I"m not going to say "all bets are off."

And no, Trump hasn't broken "every norm and convention and societal construct." What a silly, unserious statement. And that comes within only one line of the statement "I only list facts."
So only half blind to the crap Trump has done. Kudos I guess.

You are kidding right? Trump faced more litigation, met more bureaucratic foot dragging, and more congressional objections than any president in my life time.

Meanwhile Biden rewrites environmental, energy, immigration, and Title IX laws, against popular opinion, and without congressional review and people like you don’t give a shit. Barr was right, Biden is national suicide.
And waves the middle finger at SCOTUS over student loans. Did Trump do that?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Are you kidding? Sharpie? Hurricane? You really attach significance to that? The Budgets of many local governments are trashed because of Biden’s border policies and you bring up Sharpies? Good lord!
Are you losing it today? We were talking about lies. I gave an example of Trump’s. And that lie could have harmed people if they listened to Trump instead of weather. Kind of like the people who died from Covid because they listened to him. Pay attention.
That’s where hyper partisanship comes in. There are liberals posting in this thread who see this for what it is. Those would be the non loony liberals.
I am hyper partisan where Trump is concerned. Proudly so. Always have been always will be. I knew who the man was long before he ran for President. I know too many people in NYC.

We are watching the systematic destruction of fair trial, due process, congressional authority, independent DOJ, federalism, and increases in heavy handed executive rule making and fed dominance over state and local government. I think national suicide is an apt description.

I think you would like to live the peace, security, and conformity of the society in The Giver.
I look forward to living in the peace of a world without Trump. Correct

zeke4ahs said:

As for your question, I'll answer it: yes, I do. I agree with nearly everything in Post #444, except I won't vote for Biden. If I vote, I'll vote 3rd party. I think Trump is awful, but I think you have to be borderline mentally ill to think he is going to turn the US into a dictatorship, that he is the next Hitler, that he is a more evil man than Al freakin' Capone. I also am not tribal enough to ignore that some of Trump's political instincts were, in fact, right on the money. And finally, I'm not stupid or pretentious enough to all his supporters as racists, stupid, slack-jawed, yadda yadda yadda.

Agreed on all counts. And re trump have you seen him lately? Looks like shit. I’ve long believed that aging comes in fits and starts. He’s in the throes of dog years

Trump will be a fat lazy pardon himself do next to nothing president Book it

Are you losing it today? We were talking about lies. I gave an example of Trump’s. And that lie could have harmed people if they listened to Trump instead of weather. Kind of like the people who died from Covid because they listened to him. Pay attention.

I am hyper partisan where Trump is concerned. Proudly so. Always have been always will be. I knew who the man was long before he ran for President. I know too many people in NYC.
The effect of Biden’s border policy on Denver and scores of other local governments will last 10 years. The Sharpie lie lasted about 10seconds.

You have zero evidence that the sharpie lie or bleach hoax did any harm. You run and emotion, not on reality. And you vote? Sigh.

Reactions: DDE-6-20-23
zeke4ahs said:

As for your question, I'll answer it: yes, I do. I agree with nearly everything in Post #444, except I won't vote for Biden. If I vote, I'll vote 3rd party. I think Trump is awful, but I think you have to be borderline mentally ill to think he is going to turn the US into a dictatorship, that he is the next Hitler, that he is a more evil man than Al freakin' Capone. I also am not tribal enough to ignore that some of Trump's political instincts were, in fact, right on the money. And finally, I'm not stupid or pretentious enough to think of all his supporters as racists, stupid, slack-jawed, yadda yadda yadda.

You should write in

DANA WHITE JARED KUSHNER

You’re just talking in gossip. You can compare gas prices. Food prices. Home prices. Car prices. You can see the backlash to EV. you can compare crossings under trump and Biden. You can look at police stats and compare numbers from defunding to reversing. That’s data. The rest is meaningless
Cmon, no its not. Trump is a person with clearly horrific judgment in certain areas (legal hirings, decision to not just give the documents back, public statements about EJean Carroll, public statements about judges and his trials, tweeting while in the white house, the whole election steal fiasco, etc.).

He's not well versed in how to run a govt exec office (much different than a business) and it showed. He also clearly doesn't give a shit about learning it. You read the Fifth Risk, right? It's not just gossip when it's coming from so many sources, in and out of his administration.

Trump has A LOT of warts. Hell, you've written about most of these. And he's a vindictive, selfish son-of-a-bitch to boot. You still might think he's better than the alternative, I get that, but I don't think you can just swat away the opinions of so many smart, patriotic (conservative) people who have worked with him.

I look forward to living in the peace of a world without Trump. Correct
We know you are guided by emotions, why advertise it? Biden is a lying corrupt public official and is neck and neck with Trump. While Biden’s lies about his whole life might be amusing to talk about they really are not that important. Biden’s horrible border, energy, federalism, education and foreign policies will have perpetual negative affects.

You’d be a lot more meaningful if you would post about Trump policy instead of sharpies.

You do realize the world had greater peace under trump right? That you are bothered is a you problem.
Right because Hamas attacked Israel because of Biden and same for Putin. It’s a me problem and a most everyone who knows and pays attention to Trump problem. Like his VP, his chief of staff, his national security advisor, his defense Secretary, much of his counsel, press secretaries, etc etc etc. But I’m sure Trumpers know better. About both policy and the man.

I think there is zero doubt the NY judge will be as crooked as possible. Just look at the NY judge, Erdogan. The people that hate Trump will just assume it's normal judicial conduct.

• Haha
Cmon, no its not. Trump is person with clearly horrific judgment in certain areas (legal hirings, decision to not just give the documents back, public statements about EJean Carroll, public statements about judges and his trials, tweeting while in the white house, the whole election steal fiasco, etc.).

He's not well versed in how to run a govt exec office (much different than a business) and it showed. He also clearly doesn't give a shit about learning it. You read the Fifth Risk, right? It's not just gossip when it's coming from so many sources, in and out of his administration.

Trump has A LOT of warts. Hell, you've written about most of these. And he's a vindictive, selfish son-of-a-bitch to boot. You still might think he's better than the alternative, I get that, but I don't think you can just swat away the opinions of so many smart, patriotic (conservative) people who have worked with him.
Totally agree with your third paragraph. Trump is all of that. But all of that goes away when he is gone. The damage Biden causes will endure.

We know you are guided by emotions, why advertise it? Biden is a lying corrupt public official and is neck and neck with Trump. While Biden’s lies about his whole life might be amusing to talk about they really are not that important. Biden’s horrible border, energy, federalism, education and foreign policies will have perpetual negative affects.

You’d be a lot more meaningful if you would post about Trump policy instead of sharpies.
You’d be a lot more meaningful if you’d just give it up and admit you’re a Trumper instead of drawing yourself into a pretzel making excuses for a vile man. Sorry, but I’m proud to have morals and ethics , and yes emotions that would never let me support a man like him.

I think there is zero doubt the NY judge will be as crooked as possible. Just look at the NY judge, Erdogan. The people that hate Trump will just assume it's normal judicial conduct.
Because poor Trump is always a victim and everyone else is crooked. Laughable.

The effect of Biden’s border policy on Denver and scores of other local governments will last 10 years. The Sharpie lie lasted about 10seconds.

You have zero evidence that the sharpie lie or bleach hoax did any harm. You run and emotion, not on reality. And you vote? Sigh.
I’m not talking about his bleach nonsense. I’m talking about people who spoke on camera about believing Trump and who died from Covid. I’m sure you missed all that. You’d better watch out, who’s that Republican guy who thinks old people shouldn’t be allowed to vote? You may be there soon….

It lasted more than 10 seconds for people who died. Well , they’re families. I have no idea if anyone lost their home or failed to evacuate due to Trump’s stupid lie, nor do you. But again, what kind of person makes excuses for that type of nonsense? We know COH type of person. As for Covid, we heard people and their families speak about believing Trump.

Right because Hamas attacked Israel because of Biden and same for Putin. It’s a me problem and a most everyone who knows and pays attention to Trump problem. Like his VP, his chief of staff, his national security advisor, his defense Secretary, much of his counsel, press secretaries, etc etc etc. But I’m sure Trumpers know better. About both policy and the man.
we can observe better apparently. i'm just dealing in facts not he said she said nonsense.

I have no clue what you mean “Trumper”. I think it is more you leading with feelings.

A couple things are true.

I contributed money to Trumps primary opponent, voted for her, and supported her on this forum.

I will now vote for Trump.
Like I said, just admit it. It’s the first step. Then go to a MAGA rally. You’ll feel right at home.

So maybe, just maybe, Republicans should stop trying to take away women’s right? Nah…couldn’t be it.
Just stop with that “woman’s right” BS. The issue is abortion. Not women’s rights or women’s health care. If you are in favor of abortion why can’t people like you say so instead of using euphemisms like “women’s health care” or “woman’s rights”?

Correct.

The election steal lie and attempts to delegitimize the electoral process and the courts are going to have lasting effects, I think.
Can’t agree. I think the media an and democrats will keep it alive for partisan political purposes. As far as lasting affects is concerned I think it’s over.

But I do think post election issues are now a fact of life. For a number of cycles now, both parties hire armies of lawyers to file challenges in close elections. I don’t think this is a result of Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT