ADVERTISEMENT

Trump signed an executive order on showerheads yesterday

Navy showers are the answer. At sea we make our own fresh water and we can't stay ahead of long and lavish showers so everyone is supposed to take "Navy showers." You get wet, turn off water (there're buttons on the showerheads), soap up, rinse off. You're done and you've not used very much water at all. Can't make that mandatory, but people can be conscious of water use, especially if they live in someplace like California.
That might work in the south Pacific . . . but I have doubts that occurs in the North Sea.

BTW, that was the mode in military high school back in the early 70s . . . during summer anyway. No idea whether that applied during winter school.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
We're gonna be any way soon enough . . . besides, from what I can tell he's not earned a dime since he got into office.

Sure, why not?
I mean there's tons of precedent for this. The Mets are still paying Bobby Bonilla after all

• Haha
Reactions: Sope Creek
That might work in the south Pacific . . . but I have doubts that occurs in the North Sea.

BTW, that was the mode in military high school back in the early 70s . . . during summer anyway. No idea whether that applied during winter school.
Our ships have heated interiors. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Sope Creek
T.rumplican shower:

tenor.gif

Nope that is the DT 1000 drinking fountain.

Navy showers are the answer. At sea we make our own fresh water and we can't stay ahead of long and lavish showers so everyone is supposed to take "Navy showers." You get wet, turn off water (there're buttons on the showerheads), soap up, rinse off. You're done and you've not used very much water at all. Can't make that mandatory, but people can be conscious of water use, especially if they live in someplace like California.

YeahhhhhhhNO

That is the day I check out.

My Dad was a WWII veteran and wanted us to do army showers to "save water" though we had well water. He always insisted that every light be turned off whenever we left a room to save electricity. We never had AC, just clunky old metal Arvins fans that were super-noisey. When he butchered hogs, cows, or deer, nothing got wasted. Fat even became soap. Our gardens were big and everything was eaten ad nauseum in season and then canned or frozen. Not much in our house was store-bought.

He was a very frugal guy and I guess there were good lessons there.

Reactions: Spartans9312
My Dad was a WWII veteran and wanted us to do army showers to "save water" though we had well water. He always insisted that every light be turned off whenever we left a room to save electricity. We never had AC, just clunky old metal Arvins fans that were super-noisey. When he butchered hogs, cows, or deer, nothing got wasted. Fat even became soap. Our gardens were big and everything was eaten ad nauseum in season and then canned or frozen. Not much in our house was store-bought.

He was a very frugal guy and I guess there were good lessons there.
I loved eating at my grandparents/ house. Everything was fresh out of the garden or fields. Chicken killed and prepared for cooking a couple hours before dinner. Eggs and milk fresh from that morning. Nothing beats corn, beans, lettuce etc. fresh out of the garden. The butter was freshly churned. The rolls were made that day. It was all awesome.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I have a client that recently began selling a shower device that will do what you just described - automatically. When you turn on your shower the water flows fully until it reaches temperature. At that point, if you are not in the shower the waterflow drops to a trickle (to make sure that enough water is flowing so that the water stays warm). When you step in - full flow. Also, while showering if you move away from the showerhead the waterflow drops in proportion to your distance from the showerhead. At your furthest point away, waterflow is a trickle. It also self calibrates to the size of your shower enclosure.

giphy.gif

I will buy this tomorrow. I can't count the number of times I hear the shower running in our daughter's bathroom and like 5 minutes later I go downstairs and there she is in the kitchen or something. I'm like "what are you doing" and she says "getting ready to take a shower". My face melts every time.

giphy.gif

Reactions: larsIU
"Trump signed an executive order banning transactions with 8 Chinese software applications including Ant Group's Alipay."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT