ADVERTISEMENT

Trump signed an executive order on showerheads yesterday

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
finally something I agree with him on, A 5 min shower with good pressure probably uses less water than a 15 min trickle shower that doesn't even rinse the shampoo out of your hair. Seinfeld should have been invited to the White House for the signing I think he played a large role in this issue.

Reactions: vesuvius13
finally something I agree with him on, A 5 min shower with good pressure probably uses less water than a 15 min trickle shower that doesn't even rinse the shampoo out of your hair. Seinfeld should have been invited to the White House for the signing I think he played a large role in this issue.
I don't know about yours, but I have a rainfall shower head with full flow - I just took out the flow restrictor in the head.

J Irwin Miller used to say that if a CEO was making more than 50% of decisions correctly, then s/he's making too many decisions.

Is showerhead pressure something the president of the United States should be involved in?

J Irwin Miller used to say that if a CEO was making more than 50% of decisions correctly, then s/he's making too many decisions.

Is showerhead pressure something the president of the United States should be involved in?
Actually in my mind's eye I find this to (possibly) be the only instance in which I feel some connection to Trump. He's probably been pissed about this for years since his days in college and then in New York. Like, maybe he's always lived in buildings with bad water pressure (he was near the top floor a lot). Finally, he gets to a position where he can do something about it. Right the wrong so to speak.

I probably have 10 different silly ass things I'd try to sneak through if I were president.

So, there, I finally found something on which I can relate to President Trump.

Now I need a shower.

this president yes, needs something to keep him busy, can only golf so much, and twitter fingers is a real health concern

Thanks for that! Kramer was really unbeatable in physical comedy. Are you like my friend who, no matter what situation we are in , can come up with a Seinfeld reference? He can’t remember where he had dinner last week but remembers every single piece of every Seinfeld episode!

People who rely incessantly on movie/ tv show references often do so to veil the fact that they don't have much in the way of their own sense of humor.

Last edited:
People who rely incessantly on movie/ tv show refences often do so to veil the fact that they don't have much in the way of their own sense of humor.
giphy.gif

(See what I did there?)

I didn't take out any restrictors and the flow is just fine.

Much ado about nothing unless water pressure in central indiana is better than other places.

According to the Secretary of The Department of Wet Puppy Relief, no.

AOC will have a decision shortly - she is drying off:
098_1000.gif

Why does it require an executive order?
But then, perhaps he felt he needed to leave something positive before he is booted out?

Wait for his next EXECUTIVE ORDER on how to wipe your hind after a BM!

Why does it require an executive order?
But then, perhaps he felt he needed to leave something positive before he is booted out?

Wait for his next EXECUTIVE ORDER on how to wipe your hind after a BM!
Exactly.
Who in the hell was responsible for the regulation of showerheads?
The answer is....some idiot

Well the showerhead professional isn't necessarily an idiot. Regulations relative to showerhead efficiency might be idiocy.
I don't think Spartan said the showerhead professional is an idiot. The manufacturer and/or designer do not set regulations. On the second reading, perhaps that is what you tried to say, but it wasn't clear.

Last edited:

What else should he do, well besides constantly complaining? You want to pay him for doing nothing, do you?
I'd rather he spends his time complaining about showerhead, than about national or international affairs.

Reactions: outside shooter
Navy showers are the answer. At sea we make our own fresh water and we can't stay ahead of long and lavish showers so everyone is supposed to take "Navy showers." You get wet, turn off water (there're buttons on the showerheads), soap up, rinse off. You're done and you've not used very much water at all. Can't make that mandatory, but people can be conscious of water use, especially if they live in someplace like California.

Reactions: MrBing
Navy showers are the answer. At sea we make our own fresh water and we can't stay ahead of long and lavish showers so everyone is supposed to take "Navy showers." You get wet, turn off water (there're buttons on the showerheads), soap up, rinse off. You're done and you've not used very much water at all. Can't make that mandatory, but people can be conscious of water use, especially if they live in someplace like California.
I have a client that recently began selling a shower device that will do what you just described - automatically. When you turn on your shower the water flows fully until it reaches temperature. At that point, if you are not in the shower the waterflow drops to a trickle (to make sure that enough water is flowing so that the water stays warm). When you step in - full flow. Also, while showering if you move away from the showerhead the waterflow drops in proportion to your distance from the showerhead. At your furthest point away, waterflow is a trickle. It also self calibrates to the size of your shower enclosure.

I have a client that recently began selling a shower device that will do what you just described - automatically. When you turn on your shower the water flows fully until it reaches temperature. At that point, if you are not in the shower the waterflow drops to a trickle (to make sure that enough water is flowing so that the water stays warm). When you step in - full flow. Also, while showering if you move away from the showerhead the waterflow drops in proportion to your distance from the showerhead. At your furthest point away, waterflow is a trickle. It also self calibrates to the size of your shower enclosure.

I will buy this tomorrow. I can't count the number of times I hear the shower running in our daughter's bathroom and like 5 minutes later I go downstairs and there she is in the kitchen or something. I'm like "what are you doing" and she says "getting ready to take a shower". My face melts every time.

Nice.

I will buy this tomorrow. I can't count the number of times I hear the shower running in our daughter's bathroom and like 5 minutes later I go downstairs and there she is in the kitchen or something. I'm like "what are you doing" and she says "getting ready to take a shower". My face melts every time.
Worth the $350 to avoid assault & battery charges.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT