ADVERTISEMENT

Trump should not visit Springfield, Ohio

That was created to circumvent the sol. It’s still a claim for civil battery

It’s a claim for civil sexual abuse. If not, they wouldn’t have a code section for it. They don’t just make up terms for the jury verdict. There are forms written and taken directly from a statute. I’m sure they have separate civil code sections for civil battery or civil assault, or both.

It’s a claim for civil sexual abuse. If not, they wouldn’t have a code section for it. They don’t just make up terms for the jury verdict. There are forms written and taken directly from a statute. I’m sure they have separate civil code sections for civil battery or civil assault, or both.
And that falls under battery. A tort. Nothing like criminal

Reactions: DANC
And that falls under battery

I guess if you want to use Webster definition for battery and then apply it to what he did you could make that argument. Of course, you could do the same thing with battery and criminal rape “an unlawful touching”.

I guess if you want to use Webster definition for battery and then apply it to what he did you could make that argument. Of course, you could do the same thing with battery and criminal rape “an unlawful touching”.
You plead as battery and cite the abuse statute therein

You plead as battery and cite the statute therein

What? It was sexual abuse. Did it fall under a battery chapter in their code? Maybe. It could have fallen under an assault chapter. It could have fallen under a sexual oifense chapter. Under your logic you could say murder is just battery or assault. Nevermind that it just happened to result in death.

What? It was sexual abuse. Did it fall under a battery chapter in their code? Maybe. It could have fallen under an assault chapter. It could have fallen under a sexual oifense chapter. Under your logic you could say murder is just battery or assault. Nevermind that it just happened to result in death.
Under my logic murder would be brought under the criminal code and the guy would go to the pokey. Ohio wanted to call this criminal rape. That’s wrong. It was a civil tort. Civil Battery. You pay money. That’s it.

Reactions: DANC
Under my logic murder would be brought under the criminal code and the guy would go to the pokey. Ohio wanted to call this criminal rape. That’s wrong. It was a civil tort. Civil Battery. You pay money. Like a car crash or med mal

Well you need to call the NY legislature and tell them to take the sexual abuse code section out of their code book I guess.

Well you need to call the NY legislature and tell them to take the sexual abuse code section out of their code book I guess.
You can call it civil sexual abuse. That was found under the survivor’s stat. That’s a battery. My point is that it is nothing like what Ohio wrote in his post

You can call it civil sexual abuse. That was found. That’s a battery. My point is that it is nothing like what Ohio wrote in his post

I don’t know what he wrote. What I do know is a jury found him liable of sexually abusing someone. If you want to say thats just an extremely aggravated battery as defined by Webste’s, I really won’t quibble with that.

You can call it civil sexual abuse. That was found under the survivor’s stat. That’s a battery. My point is that it is nothing like what Ohio wrote in his post
beating a dead horse wtf GIF

I don’t know what he wrote. What I do know is a jury found him liable of sexually abusing someone. If you want to say thats just an extremely aggravated battery as defined by Webste’s, I really won’t quibble with that.
Criminally liable rapist

Lots of lost taxes for cancelled tourism according to mayor as well.
At first blush, I wasn't sure what to make of this. I mean, I love the place, but as long as I've been alive people haven't been tripping over themselves to visit Springfield. That said, they have been making much more of an effort to hold weekend events and festivals downtown. And Mother Stewart's brewery has turned into a gold mine for the guys who own it. It's always decently crowded and almost any time I go back there they're hosting some type of 'fest' and their private party rooms/areas are almost always booked.

EDIT to add: Yep, they had to cancel CultureFest

Reactions: sobester
Why dumb? He has constituents who are caught up in this disaster. Why ill-advised? If he didn't go to Ohio, the corrupt MSM would bleat on and on about his lack of empathy, yada yada..
Always entertaining to see TDS infected 'progressives ' advise Trump ...
You've convinced me. I think Trump should go there and have a three-hour outdoor rally in front of the biggest supermarket or shopping area in town, and then have a mega-MAGA motorcade that closes streets in advance, ties up traffic for 4-5 hours and puts police snipers on top of all the business buildings.

The best time to do this is about 5:30 pm on a Friday, so that everyone going home for the weekend after work with plans to buy groceries for a Friday night tailgate party for a h.s. football game can sit there in traffic and admire the Trump gear on all the out-of-town MAGAs disrupting their lives.

As you point out, the best way for Trump to demonstrate just exactly how much empathy he has yada-yada-yada is to come to Springfield and disrupt their lives some more,

You've convinced me. I think Trump should go there and have a three-hour outdoor rally in front of the biggest supermarket or shopping area in town, and then have a mega-MAGA motorcade that closes streets in advance, ties up traffic for 4-5 hours and puts police snipers on top of all the business buildings.

The best time to do this is about 5:30 pm on a Friday, so that everyone going home for the weekend after work with plans to buy groceries for a Friday night tailgate party for a h.s. football game can sit there in traffic and admire the Trump gear on all the out-of-town MAGAs disrupting their lives.

As you point out, the best way for Trump to demonstrate just exactly how much empathy he has yada-yada-yada is to come to Springfield and disrupt their lives some more,

Maybe he could give out the address of the couple that lost their son to show those woke SOBs what’s what.

Thanks - and I totally agree. This is the crux of what I was getting at. Not only is Trump going to potentially make a bad situation worse, it’s also potentially not safe for him.
Yeah, it's his fault Springfield is a migrant shithole.

You people are unhinged.

At first blush, I wasn't sure what to make of this. I mean, I love the place, but as long as I've been alive people haven't been tripping over themselves to visit Springfield. That said, they have been making much more of an effort to hold weekend events and festivals downtown. And Mother Stewart's brewery has turned into a gold mine for the guys who own it. It's always decently crowded and almost any time I go back there they're hosting some type of 'fest' and their private party rooms/areas are almost always booked.

EDIT to add: Yep, they had to cancel CultureFest
I went there a couple months ago to see a musical at the Clark State Performing Arts Center downtown. We had a decent time.

Not saying it's on my bucket list to go back, but I didn't walk out of there thinking "What a freaking Bleep-hole of a city that has been overrun by foreigners!!"

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Yeah, it's his fault Springfield is a migrant shithole.

You people are unhinged.

I will give Trump credit for training the dimwitted to accept anecdotal evidence, true or not, and extrapolate it across the entire country leading to his desired narrative.

I will give Trump credit for training the dimwitted to accept anecdotal evidence, true or not, and extrapolate it across the entire country leading to his desired narrative.
I wouldn't think it would be a problem for Trump to visit a normal city, but you and that Ohio moron claim it's a dangerous place for him.

Make up your mind.

I wouldn't think it would be a problem for Trump to visit a normal city, but you and that Ohio moron claim it's a dangerous place for him.

Make up your mind.

When did I say it was a dangerous place for him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT