ADVERTISEMENT

Trump says he would have made a 'good general' while trashing Mattis.

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
Says
  • He would have made a good general.
  • He fired former Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis: "What's he done for me? Not too good"
https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...e-a-good-general-while-trashing-mattis-2019-1

It was unfortunate for us that he had a life-threating medical problem, "bone spurs." If not for that, he would've single-handedly ended the war much earlier!

BTW, did he have bone spurs problem 5 times? Had it been miraculously cured after the war?

Notice also that he was more concerned about what Mattis did (or didn't) to him than to the country.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Says
  • He fired former Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis: "What's he done for me? Not too good"
https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...e-a-good-general-while-trashing-mattis-2019-1

It was unfortunate for us that he had a life-threating medical problem, "bone spurs." If not for that, he would've single-handedly ended the war much earlier!

BTW, did he have bone spurs problem 5 times? Had it been miraculously cured after the war?

Notice also that he was more concerned about what Mattis did (or didn't) to him than to the country.

Is it really worth a thread every time Trump does something embarrassing? Everyone knew this was coming.

Says

Is it really worth a thread every time Trump does something embarrassing? Everyone knew this was coming.
It’s hard. Every time I try to understand people that wholeheartedly support him and I listen to him talk extensively about anything, it just boggles my mind all over again.

Says

It should concern everyone that the 4 star generals are concerned. Mattis was far from the only one. They view things in terms of “we”- and values. Trump views terms solely in terms of “me”- and everything boils down to his ego & $$$. Purely transactional, in other words.

That’s a YUGE problem in terms of national security and foreign relations. I wouldn’t put it past him to start a conflict prior to 2020- if he’s around that long.

None of this should surprise anyone. It’s not as if this wasn’t known since the beginning. His opponent sucked- I have acknowledged this, and many others have as well. But at least she wasn’t dangerous to our national security. BUT HER EMAILS!!!

Says

But the democrats better nominate the perfect candidate :rolleyes:

Reactions: herrli and DrHoops
image.jpg

Reactions: sglowrider
Well then again if he was a positive voice in any sense of the word...but he is not, so what else can one post? This is OUR president on display, what else is there....silence? Let the lies overwhelm and fall in line with the plan?

Last edited:
Says

That heel spur must have spread and affected his brain too. Its a rare sort that he is suffering from.

What do you think of Trump’s comments?
If trump does something right it will be a blind pig moment, there's never a plan to help anyone (other than himself).
I’m going to give him credit here for the prison reform bill he supports. In his two years, it’s the first thing he has done that actually seems to be beneficial to someone besides he and his buddies.

I’m going to give him credit here for the prison reform bill he supports. In his two years, it’s the first thing he has done that actually seems to be beneficial to someone besides he and his buddies.
That iniative had been in the works long before this clown showed up, which is why I am surprised he signed it.

Trump is the best at EVERYTHING!

Says

The world according to General Trump:

It would take me quite a few pints of beers to be able to talk so confidently about a subject matter I know little about!!

"A lot of these places you're reading about now are no longer part of Russia..." So basically, Trump just read about Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, etc. for the first time this morning.

Russia was in Afghanistan because of terrorists coming into Russia?? Who knew.

More crap -- multi thread:

So much to unpack. He really isnt well. Has absolutely no idea of how the world works.

The old Aristotle saying; the more you know, the more you know don't know. But in General Trump's case, its the less you know, the more you know that you know.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
That iniative had been in the works long before this clown showed up, which is why I am surprised he signed it.
Maybe he knows that's where his sons and daughters will be residing in a few years? Of course, I am assuming that he will wiggle out of it somehow. ;)

Don't you know who he thinks he is?!?

The world according to General Trump:

It would take me quite a few pints of beers to be able to talk so confidently about a subject matter I know little about!!

"A lot of these places you're reading about now are no longer part of Russia..." So basically, Trump just read about Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, etc. for the first time this morning.

Russia was in Afghanistan because of terrorists coming into Russia?? Who knew.

More crap -- multi thread:

So much to unpack. He really isnt well. Has absolutely no idea of how the world works.

The old Aristotle saying; the more you know, the more you know don't know. But in General Trump's case, its the less you know, the more you know that you know.
rolleyes.gif

He also trashed retired 4 Star General Stanley McChrystal.

'In a New Year's Day post to Twitter, Trump said retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal is "known for [a] big, dumb mouth" and that he "got fired like a dog by Obama." The president identified McChrystal as a "general," apparently deriding the former military official by placing his title in quotes, and called him a "Hillary lover."'

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/01/trump-mcchrystal-syria-troops-1077365

Trump is making civilian/military relationship toxic, per the conservative American Enterprise Institute:

http://www.aei.org/publication/dirty-waters-civilian-military-relations-are-growing-toxic/

Trump is a complete failure on every possible metric.

It should concern everyone that the 4 star generals are concerned. Mattis was far from the only one. They view things in terms of “we”- and values. Trump views terms solely in terms of “me”- and everything boils down to his ego & $$$. Purely transactional, in other words.

That’s a YUGE problem in terms of national security and foreign relations. I wouldn’t put it past him to start a conflict prior to 2020- if he’s around that long.

None of this should surprise anyone. It’s not as if this wasn’t known since the beginning. His opponent sucked- I have acknowledged this, and many others have as well. But at least she wasn’t dangerous to our national security. BUT HER EMAILS!!!

These people from the left posting here never miss a chance to express their hatred, do they?

For Damn good reasoning, Trump is trying to make it HIS by getting rid of anyone that gives advice contrary to what he wants to hear. Wannabe dictator.

Reactions: Bill4411
At least he's not Hilary.

Whattabout her foundation that was legitimate, and Trump's being shut down for most likely money laundering. Whatabout hillary's emails which Ivanka and whoever else did private business. Projection at its finest.

Whattabout her foundation that was legitimate, and Trump's being shut down for most likely money laundering. Whatabout hillary's emails which Ivanka and whoever else did private business. Projection at its finest.

Uncle needed a dws there...

Uncle needed a dws there...

The people who believe this, basically have a mental dumpster fire that forces their ridiculous belief. How anyone can trust that fat(fat as all hell) man, his own doctor faked the weigh in and physical. Talks like a con-man treating our allies like dirt. Does business with Russia, turkey, China and the Saudis. No allegiance to our allies. He was a business "mogal" that started with Daddy's money and he ended up having to go look oversees in the countrys that are not allies, dare I say enemies. Not to mention his family doing is the dirty work.

2019%2F01%2F02%2F70%2F100fd2f5c129442ca5b9c8a696bfb7be.d1154.png

I love he has a poster of himself during a cabinet meeting!!
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Not sure he can top this!! He is a laugh a minute!

Last edited:
These people from the left posting here never miss a chance to express their hatred, do they?

More like disgust, and sometimes fear. Those come before outrage. But there’s still plenty of outrage. It must be pointed out, so it’s not normalized. None of this is normal, or OK in any way. It’s a PSA for the lost on this board.

Let me put it to you this way: If you someone (unexpectedly and unjustifiably) hit you in the face, wouldn’t you react? Please explain to me how that clown show/circus yesterday was acceptable (or even necessary). It’ll give me a better window into your world.

So, the reactions aren’t warranted? What he does is A-ok? We’ve got a completely clueless guy that takes the words of our enemies in the world over those of our enormous intelligence services. He literally parroted something about Russia (why they invaded Afghanistan) that was completely untrue, and was revisionist history.

In short, refusing to acknowledge the insanity is the first step in making it ok. It’s not ok. Does that make sense?

It amazes me that folks react to the reactions, and not what the hell he just did. Unlike you guys, I give a chit when I see our country making a descent into a really bad place. He’s making us less safe. Every. Single. Day.

We learned that trick from you! How many years have we heard "But Hilary!!," "Obuma," "Kenyan," etc., etc. from you guys?

The difference is that even though you may not have liked their policies, they were competent. And they had our country’s interest at heart, first, and always.

This guy is a total 180 from those things. Hes the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger effect (shout out to Rock- he introduced us here to the concept). I’ve never seen a more clueless person in such a high position. And I hope to never see it again.

The people who believe this, basically have a mental dumpster fire that forces their ridiculous belief. How anyone can trust that fat(fat as all hell) man, his own doctor faked the weigh in and physical. Talks like a con-man treating our allies like dirt. Does business with Russia, turkey, China and the Saudis. No allegiance to our allies. He was a business "mogal" that started with Daddy's money and he ended up having to go look oversees in the countrys that are not allies, dare I say enemies. Not to mention his family doing is the dirty work.

Literally nothing he has done in life has been honest, or secured by hard work and integrity. I’ve never seen a person absent of any good qualities make it as far as he has made it. It’s an indictment of our country that someone like that can be allowed to do what’s he done. It’s also kind of what makes it unique- extreme freedom has allowed him to do what’s he done.

In other words, because of having serious seed money and a complete lack of a moral compass, he’s been able to con his way into everything. Because our country’s freedoms allowed it. By any objective measure, his “business” prowess is a complete fallacy. I’ve never seen a worse negotiator. He’s the ultimate con man.

The problem is that he’s threatening those freedoms that enabled him to be where he is. That’s where the outrage comes from.

Reactions: Timmy! and Bill4411
He is a total disaster in every way. I can’t think of a single thing he’s done that has been good for America. Beyond that, he’s a disgusting man, a liar, a cheater, a criminal, and a traitor.

The difference is that even though you may not have liked their policies, they were competent. And they had our country’s interest at heart, first, and always.

This guy is a total 180 from those things. Hes the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger effect (shout out to Rock- he introduced us here to the concept). I’ve never seen a more clueless person in such a high position. And I hope to never see it again.

He is a total disaster in every way. I can’t think of a single thing he’s done that has been good for America. Beyond that, he’s a disgusting man, a liar, a cheater, a criminal, and a traitor.

The criminal justice reform bill. Literally, that’s it.

Everything else has been destructive. I hope the hangover isn’t as bad as I think it will be.

Reactions: MrBing
In 2016 Democrats weren't projected to win the House in 2018. Thanks Trump!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT