ADVERTISEMENT

Trump on 60 Minutes

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
Due to start soon. Might as well set up the inevitable thread now.

Don't want to lose the arms sale with the Saudis.

But there will be severe punishment.

So far so good, nothing unexpected!
I am waiting for him to say Obama and Hillary were involved int Saudi killing. ;)

No mistakes. Only regret is not terminating NAFTA soon enough. No regrets on child separation.

Biggest surprise: Washington is mean and vicious, but I'm a superstar despite it. And the media is awful.

Reactions: meridian
Divisiveness: economy bringing us together, K hearings were deplorable, Dems don't want to heal.

Dr Ford speech he did gave Pubs the K confirmation.

Dr Ford being laughed at -- shrugs shoulders.

Anonymous author could have been NYT itself.

Not thrilled with some in the Cabinet.

Mattis is sort of a Dem. He may leave. Everybody leaves.

Doesn't trust everyone in the White House. Tough business, vicious place.

I've learned on the job. I feel very comfortable.

Nothing really shocking....which is a huge win for Trump.

He is who he is -- his worldview is anachronistic and myopic.

The scary thing is what I said a year ago -- that he will get more confident and think that he knows the job of POTUS better and start to 'run' things -- listen even lesser.

Reactions: Bill4411
No mistakes.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

He will take any praise from anyone. Must have not had enough hugs as a child or breast milk fed.

Trump was very Trump-like in the Trump interview...shocker. Equal parts New York City braggadocio, narcissism and tone deafness. Overestimates his successes and minimizes or ignores his failures. I will say he should thank his lucky stars every day that Mattis shows up for work, I know I do. Mattis is one of the few adults left in his administration, and what Mattis doesn't know about doing his job as Sec Def would fit in a thimble.

I will say he should thank his lucky stars every day that Mattis shows up for work, I know I do. Mattis is one of the few adults left in his administration, and what Mattis doesn't know about doing his job as Sec Def would fit in a thimble.
He won't be there much longer.

And when he purges the DoJ, there's no telling what will happen.

From the Guardian 60 min Interview article : Eight takeaways
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/15/donald-trumps-60-minutes-interview-eight-takeaways

This really cracked me up:

His biggest regret
Finally, the president revealed his capacity for self-reflection and humility when Stahl asked him if there was anything he wished he hadn’t said or done in his almost two years in office.

One regret sprang quickly to mind: the press’s treatment of him.

“So when I won the presidency – the press treats me terribly – I thought very strongly that, you know, the one great thing will happen is the press will start treating me great. Lesley, they treat me worse. They got worse instead of better. Very dishonest.”

Stahl pressed: but is there anything you regret?

“I regret that the press treats me so badly,” he said.

WTF!
houllier.gif
houllier.gif
houllier.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

This is the man with the finger on the nuclear button!!
nervous.gif
nervous.gif

From the Guardian 60 min Interview article : Eight takeaways
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/15/donald-trumps-60-minutes-interview-eight-takeaways

This really cracked me up:

His biggest regret
Finally, the president revealed his capacity for self-reflection and humility when Stahl asked him if there was anything he wished he hadn’t said or done in his almost two years in office.

One regret sprang quickly to mind: the press’s treatment of him.

“So when I won the presidency – the press treats me terribly – I thought very strongly that, you know, the one great thing will happen is the press will start treating me great. Lesley, they treat me worse. They got worse instead of better. Very dishonest.”

Stahl pressed: but is there anything you regret?

“I regret that the press treats me so badly,” he said.

WTF!
houllier.gif
houllier.gif
houllier.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

This is the man with the finger on the nuclear button!!
nervous.gif
nervous.gif
He owned Lesley:p

malignant narcissism as a syndrome characterized by a narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), antisocial features, paranoid traits, and egosyntonic aggression. Other symptoms may include an absence of conscience, a psychological need for power, and a sense of importance (grandiosity).
4aa3c4e7c6c23682dff17fd422749bcd840a822b.jpeg

malignant narcissism as a syndrome characterized by a narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), antisocial features, paranoid traits, and egosyntonic aggression. Other symptoms may include an absence of conscience, a psychological need for power, and a sense of importance (grandiosity).
Holy crap that's one unflattering pic. Granted, most of him are....but still. *shudder*

Reactions: sglowrider
Divisiveness: economy bringing us together, K hearings were deplorable, Dems don't want to heal.

Dr Ford speech he did gave Pubs the K confirmation.

Dr Ford being laughed at -- shrugs shoulders.

He literally said it doesn’t matter about Ford, and how she was treated. Because his side won.

And people wonder why Dems and women in general absolutely loathe him? Treating a victim is sexual assault like that is absolutely dehumanizing.

That’s a big difference right now between the Dems and the pubs- the Dems would’ve pulled his nomination- and the pubs dig in and forced him through despite many red flags. The pubs seem to be OK with anything that happens right now- as long as they win.

And, anytime you have to say “I’m not a child” in a presidential interview, you’re almost certainly a child ;)

I’ve never seen a more transparent president- even when he’s distorting things, it’s pretty easy to see what he’s doing. The man has several dead giveaways in how he describes things & acts- it’s obvious if you’re paying attention.

Someone should write a book about these techniques- he’s mastered them & it should be exposed for being BS. And, just like his entire career, it’s all a facade. Reality and decency don’t matter- as long as you win.

When he’s gone from Washington, there will be a reckoning. I just hope the Dems are forgiving, rather than vindictive. It’ll be tough to do- but it’s the right thing to do.

He owned Lesley:p

Trump owned himself. More than half of America laughs at him and the whole world is laughing at us. Oh well only 2 years until this is over and most of his policies will be overturned. Anybody who still supports this clown is subhuman or very very rich. I had been a republican all my life until the party got hijack by Trump.

So, which of them there traits is Trump got?

Sincerely,
-The bumpkins

Anybody who still supports this clown is subhuman or very very rich. I had been a republican all my life until the party got hijack by Trump.
Sadly, too many people like yourself chose to sit out or make a third party protest vote. That's what got us where we are today.

He literally said it doesn’t matter about Ford, and how she was treated. Because his side won.

And people wonder why Dems and women in general absolutely loathe him? Treating a victim is sexual assault like that is absolutely dehumanizing.

That’s a big difference right now between the Dems and the pubs- the Dems would’ve pulled his nomination- and the pubs dig in and forced him through despite many red flags. The pubs seem to be OK with anything that happens right now- as long as they win.

And, anytime you have to say “I’m not a child” in a presidential interview, you’re almost certainly a child ;)

I’ve never seen a more transparent president- even when he’s distorting things, it’s pretty easy to see what he’s doing. The man has several dead giveaways in how he describes things & acts- it’s obvious if you’re paying attention.

Someone should write a book about these techniques- he’s mastered them & it should be exposed for being BS. And, just like his entire career, it’s all a facade. Reality and decency don’t matter- as long as you win.

When he’s gone from Washington, there will be a reckoning. I just hope the Dems are forgiving, rather than vindictive. It’ll be tough to do- but it’s the right thing to do.
Ford was a paid lair and should be prosecuted !

Reactions: SNU0821 and herrli
Ford was a paid lair and should be prosecuted !
Kavanaugh lied several times to the Senate which should have automatically disqualified him. He has zero business being SCJ. The Republicans of my day used to have a backbone and could admit they were wrong. Im sick of all the spineless sheep now. Country before party people! WAKE UP!

Kavanaugh lied several times to the Senate which should have automatically disqualified him. He has zero business being SCJ. The Republicans of my day used to have a backbone and could admit they were wrong. Im sick of all the spineless sheep now. Country before party people! WAKE UP!
What did he lie about?

Wiede, he didn’t literally say it didn’t matter how she was treated because his side won. Your comment is exactly what MSM does day after day to enflame the liberal base and get ratings.

What did he lie about?

Lied about what boofing and devils triangle meant. Plus he started crying when talking about weightlifting. He showed zero judicial temperament. If you take off your partisan glasses you might be able to see the many flaws he exhibited.

Reactions: Bill4411
Lied about what boofing and devils triangle meant. Plus he started crying when talking about weightlifting. He showed zero judicial temperament. If you take off your partisan glasses you might be able to see the many flaws he exhibited.
He lied about silly things like whether he watched Dr. Ford’s testimony and he lied about hearing the second victim’s accusations for the first time. He wrote emails about the, previously. He also lied about Renate.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Wiede, he didn’t literally say it didn’t matter how she was treated because his side won. Your comment is exactly what MSM does day after day to enflame the liberal base and get ratings.
He shrugged he shoulders and said we won. So yes, of course he did.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
He lied about silly things like whether he watched Dr. Ford’s testimony and he lied about hearing the second victim’s accusations for the first time. He wrote emails about the, previously. He also lied about Renate.
Lol. I love how upset the libs are over BK. First it was resist whoever Trump picked. Then it was he was too far right to be a SCJ. Then it was they didn't turn over enough documents on BK. Then it was he was a sexual assaulter. Then it was he didn't have the temperament.

Man. I love winning. Not tired of it either. Can't wait until the midterms. Thanks a lot libs. Y'all got the Republicans aligned and fired up! Just in time! #maga

Weird. He has never once had a complaint about his judicial temperament until he was falsely accused of sexual assault, rape gang rape. Funny how that must fire someone up. Partisan glasses? Trump won. He gets to pick his SCJ. The libs were going to resist anyone he picked. Can't wait until the next one to see what y'all do with Amy Coney Barret. It'll be an all out attack on her and her faith. Gonna be interesting (really disgusting) to see the libs spin on that one.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT