ADVERTISEMENT

Trump on 60 Minutes

What did he lie about?

What didn’t he lie about? If you have to ask that question, you clearly haven’t been paying attention. It’s been on this board, multiple times when the hearings happened.

If you lie about little stuff, you’re surely going to lie about bigger stuff.

The lies were a big deal to me. But the partisanship was the absolute deal breaker. He took far right wing conspiracy world and affirmed it by claiming that the Clintons were behind the questioning of his confirmation. That’s inexcusable.

Oh, and he also issued a threat “what comes around goes around”. The SC is the last place for partisanship- and this guy took a big dump all over that concept.

What didn’t he lie about? If you have to ask that question, you clearly haven’t been paying attention. It’s been on this board, multiple times when the hearings happened.

If you lie about little stuff, you’re surely going to lie about bigger stuff.

The lies were a big deal to me. But the partisanship was the absolute deal breaker. He took far right wing conspiracy world and affirmed it by claiming that the Clintons were behind the questioning of his confirmation. That’s inexcusable.

Oh, and he also issued a threat “what comes around goes around”. The SC is the last place for partisanship- and this guy took a big dump all over that concept.
Oh, but the gang rape allegation and the second sexual assault claim were cool? They were over the top fabrications that were overblown by the liberal media in an effort to derail his confirmation. This was pure partisan politics and a character assassination attempt that rightfully failed.

IF YOU really care about the SC, why not look to his record as a judge. Did he EVER have any issues/problems/complaints/blemishes on his actual record as a judge? I'll hang up and listen (to the spin).

Oh, and the SC is the last place for partisanship? Hopefully you've condemned Ruth Bader Ginsburg on her partisan comments, too (doubtful).

Reactions: herrli
Weird. He has never once had a complaint about his judicial temperament until he was falsely accused of sexual assault, rape gang rape. Funny how that must fire someone up. Partisan glasses? Trump won. He gets to pick his SCJ. The libs were going to resist anyone he picked. Can't wait until the next one to see what y'all do with Amy Coney Barret. It'll be an all out attack on her and her faith. Gonna be interesting (really disgusting) to see the libs spin on that one.

Im a Republican I just don't drink the kool aid. The bottom line is BK lied to Senate and cried like a little baby when talking about weight lifting! There is no way I'm going to support this man to be a SCJ. This isn't a reality show! This isn't about winning and losing! This is about finding the best person for the job.

The only thing disgusting here is the mindless sheep who still support a man who lied so he could become a SCJ. Wake up! Why don't you take offense to Donnie? He is the king a personally attacking people for political gain? Nice try. Hypocrite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
Im a Republican I just don't drink the kool aid. The bottom line is BK lied to Senate and cried like a little baby when talking about weight lifting! There is no way I'm going to support this man to be a SCJ. This isn't a reality show! This isn't about winning and losing! This is about finding the best person for the job.

The only thing disgusting here is the mindless sheep who still support a man who lied so he could become a SCJ. Wake up! Why don't you take offense to Donnie? He is the king a personally attacking people for political gain? Nice try. Hypocrite.
You sound a little triggered. Maybe you should take a break for a bit.

Again, tell me about his record as an actual judge. Did he cry when he was doing his job as an actual judge on the second highest court in the land? Did he ever have any complaints against him at all in professional career? Nah, but that doesn't matter to left and anti-Trump people. Wonder why...

And to be honest, I don't know that he actually lied about anything. People can assume the meaning of different things in his yearbook or whatever, but the TRUTH is we won't know for certain either way. Mindless sheep who are dumb enough to believe everything they read and hear from the MSM are the ones jumping to conclusions and are what's wrong with the country. Regardless, I don't care what he did or said when he was in high school or if he drank too much in college. Gotta love the eye gouging from the left and anti-Trump people. Winning feels good man. Real good.

Care to link a comment of mine where I said Trumps comments attacking people are ok? I'll wait...

Oh, but the gang rape allegation and the second sexual assault claim were cool? They were over the top fabrications that were overblown by the liberal media in an effort to derail his confirmation. This was pure partisan politics and a character assassination attempt that rightfully failed.

IF YOU really care about the SC, why not look to his record as a judge. Did he EVER have any issues/problems/complaints/blemishes on his actual record as a judge? I'll hang up and listen (to the spin).

Oh, and the SC is the last place for partisanship? Hopefully you've condemned Ruth Bader Ginsburg on her partisan comments, too (doubtful).

A few things.

1. The background checks on K before were more superficial. It’s largely based on info the candidate volunteers. And K isn’t going to rat on himself.

Plus, there were reports that McGann limited the extended FBI inquiry, because he was afraid of what it would find if it were larger in scope. And don’t forget that Mitch M didn’t want K as the nominee- he knew that he had a lot more to look at, and would be harder to confirm. Which also explains why the supplemental FBI “investigation” was limited. The FBI literally received over a thousand calls about K’s background. And they limited their investigation into 7- and didn’t follow-up with Dr. Ford or K after the initial testimony. Many of those wouldn’t have been anything, but I don’t know how you have bread crumbs everywhere, and refuse to follow them.

In terms of a real investigation, it was an absolute joke.

And, many documents were withheld from his time working within the government. There’s good reason for that.

So, there were clearly some things that could have come out, that didn’t. You’re kidding yourself if you think this guy didn’t have some things to hide. There were a few reports that K or folks from his camp were trying to get in contact with people that could help him IF the Ramirez allegations surfaced. He clearly stated that he didn’t remember her- yet somehow they were being proactive in trying to build his case IF she came forward?

And, the gang rape allegations weren’t that he was involved- just that he was there. Those wouldn’t have gotten much investigation in the probe, if it was conducted as it should have been. I agree with you about those- they were over the top. I didn’t put any credence into the third set of allegations, and not many from the dem side either. So that’s a complete red herring.

Cmon man.

2. RBG’s comments were about Trump. She refuses to normalize his behavior. Just like everyone should. I don’t have a problem with what she said about him- these aren’t normal times thanks to him, and the reason he keeps going out of bounds is because he’s continually enabled.

In their words, you’re acting as if she did this without any provocation.

If it were someone like Rubio, Bush or Cruz that won, I’d almost guarantee that she wouldn’t have said a word.

That’s like criticizing someone for reporting a crime. Certain things shouldn’t happen, and Trump continues to do them. And what she said isn’t something that many pubs have said off the record. It’s not as if it’s a secret that people are upset with his behavior- it’s just that she had the cojones to stand up and say something. If a dem president did the chit that Trump does, I’d encourage other Dems and even SC judges to say something. Silence is enabling, in other words. Her criticism weren’t about politics.

In short, you’re setting up a false equivalency.

3. You’ve completely bought the victim defense of K. SC judges SHOULD be held to a higher standard. And the true measure of a man isn’t when things are going well- it’s what they do when they are under pressure. And K absolutely showed us that he’s a liar (he’s the one that tried to white wash his past, rather than just admit he made some mistakes) and is super partisan. Go back and look at how many outside groups called for the withdrawal of his nomination after the hearing. And these weren’t partisan groups that typically get involved in a process like this one.

How do you ignore all of that?

4. Of you believe that Dr. Ford was telling the truth (as many pubs & Manchin stated), it’s imposisble for K to not have been involved. That’s based on real data, and observations from folks that deal with sexual trauma. You may forget some details, but you will sure as hell remeber who did it you. And instead of admitting that his past wasn’t he best, he tried to change the whole narrative of his past. Which is completely wrong.

Lemme guess. You feel like men are under assault after the hearings? Serious question for you.

5. How do ignore the lies and the veiled threat towards Dems in the hearing? Even if nothing else was true, that is absolutely disqualifying.

6. There were plenty of other judges that may have been even worse from a policy viewpoint for the Dems- and I would welcome them over K, depending on whether their background checks out. In other words, someone was going to get confirmed- but it shouldn’t have been K.

It’s like I’ve said before. I’d much rather have Pence in charge vs Trump- even though his policies would have a much better chance of happening, and I loathe most of them. But again, certain things matter. The pubs have normalized what should never be considered normal.

7. No spin here. Just a viewpoint, supported by reports. And I’m far from the only one that feels the way I do- even many pubs have said he should’ve withdrawn.

Let me ask you a question- strip away his background. If a dem SC nominee replaced a pub K, would you be OK with it? In other words, a very leftist figure, that had the issues that K did. I don’t think you would be defending that candidate.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
A few things.

1. The background checks on K before were more superficial. It’s largely based on info the candidate volunteers. And K isn’t going to rat on himself.

Plus, there were reports that McGann limited the extended FBI inquiry, because he was afraid of what it would find if it were larger in scope. And don’t forget that Mitch M didn’t want K as the nominee- he knew that he had a lot more to look at, and would be harder to confirm. Which also explains why the supplemental FBI “investigation” was limited. The FBI literally received over a thousand calls about K’s background. And they limited their investigation into 7- and didn’t follow-up with Dr. Ford or K after the initial testimony. Many of those wouldn’t have been anything, but I don’t know how you have bread crumbs everywhere, and refuse to follow them.

In terms of a real investigation, it was an absolute joke.

And, many documents were withheld from his time working within the government. There’s good reason for that.

So, there were clearly some things that could have come out, that didn’t. You’re kidding yourself if you think this guy didn’t have some things to hide. There were a few reports that K or folks from his camp were trying to get in contact with people that could help him IF the Ramirez allegations surfaced. He clearly stated that he didn’t remember her- yet somehow they were being proactive in trying to build his case IF she came forward?

And, the gang rape allegations weren’t that he was involved- just that he was there. Those wouldn’t have gotten much investigation in the probe, if it was conducted as it should have been. I agree with you about those- they were over the top. I didn’t put any credence into the third set of allegations, and not many from the dem side either. So that’s a complete red herring.

Cmon man.

2. RBG’s comments were about Trump. She refuses to normalize his behavior. Just like everyone should. I don’t have a problem with what she said about him- these aren’t normal times thanks to him, and the reason he keeps going out of bounds is because he’s continually enabled.

In their words, you’re acting as if she did this without any provocation.

If it were someone like Rubio, Bush or Cruz that won, I’d almost guarantee that she wouldn’t have said a word.

That’s like criticizing someone for reporting a crime. Certain things shouldn’t happen, and Trump continues to do them. And what she said isn’t something that many pubs have said off the record. It’s not as if it’s a secret that people are upset with his behavior- it’s just that she had the cojones to stand up and say something. If a dem president did the chit that Trump does, I’d encourage other Dems and even SC judges to say something. Silence is enabling, in other words. Her criticism weren’t about politics.

In short, you’re setting up a false equivalency.

3. You’ve completely bought the victim defense of K. SC judges SHOULD be held to a higher standard. And the true measure of a man isn’t when things are going well- it’s what they do when they are under pressure. And K absolutely showed us that he’s a liar (he’s the one that tried to white wash his past, rather than just admit he made some mistakes) and is super partisan. Go back and look at how many outside groups called for the withdrawal of his nomination after the hearing. And these weren’t partisan groups that typically get involved in a process like this one.

How do you ignore all of that?

4. Of you believe that Dr. Ford was telling the truth (as many pubs & Manchin stated), it’s imposisble for K to not have been involved. That’s based on real data, and observations from folks that deal with sexual trauma. You may forget some details, but you will sure as hell remeber who did it you. And instead of admitting that his past wasn’t he best, he tried to change the whole narrative of his past. Which is completely wrong.

Lemme guess. You feel like men are under assault after the hearings? Serious question for you.

5. How do ignore the lies and the veiled threat towards Dems in the hearing? Even if nothing else was true, that is absolutely disqualifying.

6. There were plenty of other judges that may have been even worse from a policy viewpoint for the Dems- and I would welcome them over K, depending on whether their background checks out. In other words, someone was going to get confirmed- but it shouldn’t have been K.

It’s like I’ve said before. I’d much rather have Pence in charge vs Trump- even though his policies would have a much better chance of happening, and I loathe most of them. But again, certain things matter. The pubs have normalized what should never be considered normal.

7. No spin here. Just a viewpoint, supported by reports. And I’m far from the only one that feels the way I do- even many pubs have said he should’ve withdrawn.

Let me ask you a question- strip away his background. If a dem SC nominee replaced a pub K, would you be OK with it? In other words, a very leftist figure, that had the issues that K did. I don’t think you would be defending that candidate.
First, don't you find it weird that without even knowing who Trump would nominate, democrats and left wing groups were already prepared to resist him? Hence the article/tweet/whatever it was that was released saying we won't support XX for the SCJ nomination? Nobody Trump put forward, meaning anyone who is conservative, would have been supported by the democrats. Nobody. If you honestly believe there could have been bipartisan support for a nominee put forward by Trump, you're lying to yourself. Plus, do you believe the left would put forward someone who is "moderate" or would they put forward someone who is a leftist who will essentially help them get legislate because they can't get their agenda passed through Congress? They absolutely would put someone who is a liberal on the court. But, look at the number of conservatives that voted for liberal appointed judges versus the appointed judges by conservatives and how many liberals voted for them. Not a shocker the vote is lower for conservatives than liberals. Why is that?

1 - The "thousand" calls about BK's background were a joke. They were mostly about his drinking while in high school or in college and were only played up by the left because they had nothing else.
2 - RBG shouldn't have made her comments. They were partisan. She's made plenty of, what I call partisan comments over the years, that she shouldn't have. Don't try and normalize her comments given the times. Partisan is partisan no matter how you slice it. No shades of grey here.
3 - I don't think he's a liar, at all. There isn't anything he lied about in his testimony. Just people jumping to conclusions without any way of knowing the truth. It's beneficial to call him a liar to the left, it makes them justified in their resistance, which again, started the second he was nominated. And again, what complaints did he have when he was a judge on the second highest court in the land? Any? Ever? Nope. None. Nothing but pure bipartisan praise. Now, that the SC is going to be flipped to the right, people got all up in arms and tried to destroy his nomination. The thing is, Amy Coney Barrett would have been next IMO and she's even more conservative than BK. It'll be a hoot if Trump gets another crack at a SCJ replacing RBG or another liberal. Outside groups like the ACLU? Yeah, real "moderate" group there. And I believe the ABA letter was sent by one or two people, it wasn't voted on or something like that (IIRC - totally could have made that one up but that's how I remember it, correct me if I'm wrong there, I'm too lazy to look it up).
4 - I don't know if I believe Ford. I am a person who typically relies on facts to make a decision on something. There aren't any elements to back up definitively what Ford said about BK. I honestly don't know what happened, if anything, to Ford and whether or not it was BK. But the lack of facts leads me to think that BK didn't do what she claims. Again, I have no clue who's telling the truth. But I do find it suspect that a 36 year old allegation only came out prior to him getting nominated to the SC.
5 - I don't ignore the comments BK made toward democrats in his hearing. I don't agree with some of the things he said toward them. But I am sympathetic given he was accused of gang rape and sexual assault (second/third/fourth allegations) which were completely fabricated and uncorroborated. So the guy was pissed. I get it. But his record IN HIS JOB AS A JUDGE doesn't lead anyone to believe he has any history of partisanship. I would expect it to be the same now that he's a SCJ.
6 - Come on man. Do you really think this was about BK? This was nothing more than trying to delay the nomination hoping the democrats took the Senate so they could hold the nomination hostage in hopes of winning again in 2020. Democratic Senators actually said this. Like that's not some made up conspiracy. Add in the FACT that Fords allegations were leaked, against her will, to the media. She was attacked just like BK was and it seems as though it's exactly the opposite of what she wanted. At least BK knew this type of stuff was coming. She was innocent and look what happened to her. The Democrats USED her for political purposes.
7 - That's fine you believe the way you do, I disagree. The one thing that's abundantly clear after this is how dishonest and biased the MSM really is. How many stories were blatantly false or had to be changed because they weren't true? It was disgusting.

Last question - I fully expect a liberal president to nominate liberal judges. I don't like that idea of choosing a SCJ who is right leaning or left leaning, but that's the world we live in. If the next liberal president nominates a SCJ, I expect them to be confirmed, even if unsubstantiated allegations come out against them like they did against BK (given they're qualified like BK and many others are both liberal and conservative). I wouldn't be defending them because I don't want liberal activist judges on the SC. Plus, BK isn't going to be some radical judge. Neither is Gorsuch. But the left portrays them that way because they know their progressive agenda, that can't get through congress, won't be forced through using the SC.

You sound a little triggered. Maybe you should take a break for a bit.

Again, tell me about his record as an actual judge. Did he cry when he was doing his job as an actual judge on the second highest court in the land? Did he ever have any complaints against him at all in professional career? Nah, but that doesn't matter to left and anti-Trump people. Wonder why...

And to be honest, I don't know that he actually lied about anything. People can assume the meaning of different things in his yearbook or whatever, but the TRUTH is we won't know for certain either way. Mindless sheep who are dumb enough to believe everything they read and hear from the MSM are the ones jumping to conclusions and are what's wrong with the country. Regardless, I don't care what he did or said when he was in high school or if he drank too much in college. Gotta love the eye gouging from the left and anti-Trump people. Winning feels good man. Real good.

Care to link a comment of mine where I said Trumps comments attacking people are ok? I'll wait...

Bottomline is he lied during his Senate hearing this should have automatically disqualified him from being confirmed. Thank God mindless Trump sheep like you are the minority in America. I just wish you were the minority in my party of 40 years. Although you are always good for a laugh when you defend your supreme leader no matter what he does. You definitely have that creepy cult vibe going. 2020 isn't too far off, he has zero shot at winning again. The big ten states will go back to blue. I just hope he loses in the primary so I can vote for a Republican again.

Bottomline is he lied during his Senate hearing this should have automatically disqualified him from being confirmed. Thank God mindless Trump sheep like you are the minority in America. I just wish you were the minority in my party of 40 years. Although you are always good for a laugh when you defend your supreme leader no matter what he does. You definitely have that creepy cult vibe going. 2020 isn't too far off, he has zero shot at winning again. The big ten states will go back to blue. I just hope he loses in the primary so I can vote for a Republican again.
feel better now?

Nobody Trump put forward, meaning anyone who is conservative, would have been supported by the democrats. Nobody. If you honestly believe there could have been bipartisan support for a nominee put forward by Trump, you're lying to yourself.
Yet Gorsuch was confirmed without rancor. (Yes, there were protestations about him taking the seat stolen from Garland.) So your whole premise is bogus. Kavanaugh was a blatantly partisan political nominee. That's why he met so much resistance.

Last edited:
Yet Gorsuch was conformed without rancor. (Yes, there were protestations about him taking the seat stolen from Garland.) So your whole premise is bogus. Kavanaugh was a blatantly partisan political nominee. That's why he met so much resistance.
Except that filibuster, you mean? How many times has that happened? Big mistake by Democrats.

Yet Gorsuch was confirmed without rancor. (Yes, there were protestations about him taking the seat stolen from Garland.) So your whole premise is bogus. Kavanaugh was a blatantly partisan political nominee. That's why he met so much resistance.
Disagree. The only reason why he was met with so much hate is because it rips the SC to the right. Acting like it happened for any other reason is being dishonest.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Bottomline is he lied during his Senate hearing this should have automatically disqualified him from being confirmed. Thank God mindless Trump sheep like you are the minority in America. I just wish you were the minority in my party of 40 years. Although you are always good for a laugh when you defend your supreme leader no matter what he does. You definitely have that creepy cult vibe going. 2020 isn't too far off, he has zero shot at winning again. The big ten states will go back to blue. I just hope he loses in the primary so I can vote for a Republican again.[/QUOTE

If you seriously can’t admit that he lied about his past, I can’t help you. Good god.

And, I’m perfectly fine. Thank you. I know that disappoints you. You seem like the type of guy that just loves “owning the libs”.

Just trying to enlighten you with things that your news sources obviously didn’t discuss.

And then you threw MSM in on top of it. The MSM media you speak of did far more investigation than the FBI was allowed to do.

He clearly lied about multiple things about his high school days- even though there was no need to do it. People would’ve given him a pass for being a different person then. I know I would’ve. I am pretty far from the same person I was in high school.

Here’s an easy one. A democratic senator asked him if he was the Bart O’Kavannaugh mentioned in Mark Judge’s book. Remember, this is after he tried to paint himself as basically a saint in high school. He claimed he didn’t know. Then, a letter written by K himself and sent to his high school buddies turn up. And guess what? It’s signed... Bart O’Kavannaugh. And he wasn’t being nice to Renate in high school, as he claimed he was. And a Devil’s Triangle has never been a drinking game. And there’s plenty more.

If he’s willing to lie about little things that shouldn’t matter, what the hell else is he going to lie about?

But, it shouldn’t come as a surprise. He clearly lied about knowing whether he received stolen emails when he worked on the hill earlier in his career. I’d suggest you go back and look at that example. He’s either too stupid to be a judge in the SC (because he didn’t realize that he was receiving stolen emails, even though it was obvious), or he was lying.

The point is, the guy took the Trump strategy. Deny, deny, deny, and then play the victim. He was a totally different guy on Fox News vs when he was in the hearing. Night and day. That was by design- he knew his self-perceived birthright on the SC was going away, and the only way to salvage it was to go full on Trump mode.

Side note- I suppose you think all 17 women that accused Trump of sexual harassment are lying also? And that he never tapped Stormy Daniels, or the playboy model?

The point is, K knew his only way out was to lie, and go on the attack. The template was there- and he executed it. And then, even worse, he played the victim. And to boot, he became hyper partisan, and literally accused the Clintons of orchestrating the claims against him. And then, he threatened revenge on the Dems (what comes around, goes around).

Hell, it worked for Trump, so why shouldn’t he do it also? The point is, the guy revealed himself as someone that’s willing to do anything to get the position. He was also evasive as hell, and combative with the dem senators who were pressing him on many subjects.

You don’t see a problem with any of that?

If not, you never will. SC hearings are an audition, and he failed it. Miserably.

And, as far as the Dems opposing any pub judge, that’s true. When a majority leader in the senate literally defied the constitution and steals a seat on the SC, folks are going to be pissed off.

However, K actually gave the Dems good reasons to oppose him. It’s not as if the pubs couldn’t have gotten someone else through.

Your tribe (a pub party that’s unrecognizable to me) has adopted the “win at all costs” philosophy. To hell with literally everything else that should matter.

Again, if the Dems nominated a SC potential justice and he/she behaved the way K did, I’d feel the same way about that person. This has zero to do with party.

One last thing- if the Dems were just going to take down a SC judge, why didn’t any of this happen with Gorsuch? Wouldn’t they have used the same playbook if their goal was to simply take a pub judge down?

You’re clearly not able to see the full picture. I’d suggest you start by reading stuff from the “other side”. Your assumption that if a traditional news source puts something out, it’s wrong is ridiculous.

Hope that clears some things up for you.

Disagree. The only reason why he was met with so much hate is because it rips the SC to the right. Acting like it happened for any other reason is being dishonest.

Can we agree that the Dems can oppose a far right wing judge (as all the judges on his list are), and I still shouldn’t have been confirmed?

It’s a political reality that a decent pub judge would be confirmed now. The difference is that K shouldn’t have been confirmed.

I’ll never understand the pub’s confirmation of K after everything came out, and his confirmation hearing performance. It wasn’t necessary.

Can we agree that the Dems can oppose a far right wing judge (as all the judges on his list are), and I still shouldn’t have been confirmed?

It’s a political reality that a decent pub judge would be confirmed now. The difference is that K shouldn’t have been confirmed.

I’ll never understand the pub’s confirmation of K after everything came out, and his confirmation hearing performance. It wasn’t necessary.
Except nothing really came out, except one unproven allegation and a whole lot of bullshit.

Reactions: SNU0821
Except nothing really came out, except one unproven allegation and a whole lot of bullshit.
And an entire caucus of Democrats (plus the paid 'protesters' clawing at the doors and screaming profanities in the hearing room) behaving like wild people and encouraging their membership and hangers-on to take to the streets assaulting people and behaving as a mob - which they were more than willing to do and which has been noticed by the voting public who are mostly not happy about mob violence by the Dems.

Reactions: SNU0821
My wife made me change the channel after the first segment. She said "that man is a total jack ass" and she was right.

The MSM TV stations need to put a health warning label right before each of his interviews. I suggest the following warning labels depending on the circumstances:

''Listening to him for more than 30 seconds will make your head spin and do your head in in the long term.''
''No, you are not drunk!''
''Yes, can you believe Trump fecking won? A pigeon English speaking cretin.''
''No, there is nothing wrong with our audio or recording. Seriously!''

Reactions: MrBing

Lol. BK isn’t a far right judge. Just because he doesn’t align with the Democrats extreme liberal progressive policies doesn’t mean he’s “far right.”

So I guess we can consider anyone a liberal president would appoint will be a far left judge? And if you think any other conservative judge wouldn’t have been given this same type of fight, again, you’re being dishonest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT