ADVERTISEMENT

Trump isn't the President

toastedbread

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2006
Russia, G7, NK, trolling... It's all Stephen Miller. The rhetoric, lexicon... classic Miller.

I'll speculate that Trump is parroting Miller verbatim.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Russia, G7, NK, trolling... It's all Stephen Miller. The rhetoric, lexicon... classic Miller.

I'll speculate that Trump is parroting Miller verbatim.

Miller is one of those guys that never got laid in high school, or maybe even college.

And he’s still bitter about it, so he takes it out on anyone he can. And, rather than helping folks, his end game is simply p!ss people off. Especially those on the left.

Oh, and he’s racist as hell.

Put simply, he’d rather divide rather than unite. Perhaps that’s why he and Trump get along so well- they’re the same person in a lot of ways.

Anyone even seen SM’s rant when he was in college in CA? It was about janitors picking up trash- trash @ssholes like him threw on the ground.

PS-

When you agree to something, and then pull out because you felt personally insulted, on your way to a negotiation with a hostile nation, you’re not going to give the hostile foreign entity any real reason to trust you. Remember, he did this with his allies. If he can’t honor his word with them, how the hell is he going to keep his word with NK?

Then there’s not honoring the Iran deal, the TPP, the Paris Climate change agreement... I could go on. But you get the point.

All he’s good at doing is destroying/dividing. And kissing Putin’s @ss.

My question is: Where are the Republicans? They sit silently and let Trump destroy our country’s reputation in less than 2 years. It’s disturbing.

Miller is one of those guys that never got laid in high school, or maybe even college.

And he’s still bitter about it, so he takes it out on anyone he can. And, rather than helping folks, his end game is simply p!ss people off. Especially those on the left.

Oh, and he’s racist as hell.

Put simply, he’d rather divide rather than unite. Perhaps that’s why he and Trump get along so well- they’re the same person in a lot of ways.

Anyone even seen SM’s rant when he was in college in CA? It was about janitors picking up trash- trash @ssholes like him threw on the ground.

PS-

When you agree to something, and then pull out because you felt personally insulted, on your way to a negotiation with a hostile nation, you’re not going to give the hostile foreign entity any real reason to trust you. Remember, he did this with his allies. If he can’t honor his word with them, how the hell is he going to keep his word with NK?

Then there’s not honoring the Iran deal, the TPP, the Paris Climate change agreement... I could go on. But you get the point.

All he’s good at doing is destroying/dividing. And kissing Putin’s @ss.

Reactions: sglowrider
That's a majority of a minority, yes. How small a minority is one major question. I have to believe that the number of people willing to self declare as Republicans is declining. That in and of itself would explain Trumps rising numbers.
But they're motivated in their callow resentment and they reached a plurality in 2016.

And many of them pose as respectable members of society who actually align so much with that "majority of the minority" that they're really indistinguishable in any ways that count (no matter how many otherwise sane but credulous people give them unearned credit for their modestly extended vocabulary and faux-respectability).

That's a majority of a minority, yes. How small a minority is one major question. I have to believe that the number of people willing to self declare as Republicans is declining. That in and of itself would explain Trumps rising numbers.
That was happening much earlier... not willing to self identify hence the RINO designation.....

But they're motivated in their callow resentment and they reached a plurality in 2016.
Did they? Not in the national popular vote, they didn't.

From Rock's link:

Trump's Job Approval
Rep Ind Dem
87 34 11

That means 13% of Pubs, 66% of Indys, and 89% of Dems didn't approve.

Maybe I'm naive, but I have to believe that those numbers will be made manifest come November, and if the Dems can take the House, Trump will be spending the rest of his term hoping to avoid removal from office.

Scarborough and Steve Schmidt today:

Responding to a tweet from MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, which read, “God help us. Their silence is damning enough. But the Senate Majority Leader calling this the best time ever for conservatives is vile. History will be brutal in its telling of their cowardice,” Schmidt piled on.

“Despicable doesn’t begin to describe it.McConnell has been one of the presiding officers over the destruction of the conservative project and the collapse of decency and nobility in our politics. Now he is a handmaiden to the destruction of our alliances. Ignominy is his destiny,” he wrote.

87 percent of Republicans approve of Trump's job performance. They elected a corrupt unfit imbecile, and they're glad they did.

Last edited:
My question is: Where are the Republicans? They sit silently and let Trump destroy our country’s reputation in less than 2 years. It’s disturbing.
That’s the thing. Republicans don’t think he’s destroying anything. You do realize not everyone shares your views, right? I think your views are as wrong as you think mine are. And you know what? That’s ok.

What was embarrassing was Obama’s apology tour, his red line that got crossed and he folded and his generally terrible foreign policies.

That’s the thing. Republicans don’t think he’s destroying anything. You do realize not everyone shares your views, right? I think your views are as wrong as you think mine are. And you know what? That’s ok.

What was embarrassing was Obama’s apology tour, his red line that got crossed and he folded and his generally terrible foreign policies.
You know, you never answer questions when people call you out. Can you please link this apology tour you have referenced multiple times? What do you consider Trump doing Putin’s work for him and alienating every one of our allies? Do you just dismiss the numerous Republicans who actually understand diplomacy and what the job takes? Do you really think you know Trump better than his own aides, who call him a moron and say he has the intelligence of a kindergartner? It’s truly sad the number of people that are so easily and willfully conned by a man like this.

Scarborough and Steve Schmidt today:

Responding to a tweet from MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, which read, “God help us. Their silence is damning enough. But the Senate Majority Leader calling this the best time ever for conservatives is vile. History will be brutal in its telling of their cowardice,” Schmidt piled on.

“Despicable doesn’t begin to describe it.McConnell has been one of the presiding officers over the destruction of the conservative project and the collapse of decency and nobility in our politics. Now he is a handmaiden to the destruction of our alliances. Ignominy is his destiny,” he wrote.

Meh. Yes, the complete abdication of duty is unequivocally certain in recent acts, but it's not like this stuff just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I don't blame Schmidt for that, but he was front row center for plenty of it. Today's purportedly more sensible Republicans are dismissive of the present state, but links of the same chain stretch back a long time. This isn't just a Trump thing. The ethically corrupt bought out the conservative ideology decades ago. The examples go on and on and on.

You are happy about the destruction of the western alliances on trade and defense and democracy? You are happy with the emerging alliances with the Russians and authoritarian/totalitarian regimes instead? I know we disagree but would like to know more precisely what we disagree about. So far it seems the answer is "everything".

When did stuff like what we're seeing with the G7 Summit ever happen before? Steve Schmidt was John McCain's adviser, so I think he's a pretty "normal/traditional" Republican.

I think the craziness started with the astro-turf Tea Party and morphed into Donald Trump. He's the culmination.

Meh. Yes, the complete abdication of duty is unequivocally certain in recent acts, but it's not like this stuff just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I don't blame Schmidt for that, but he was front row center for plenty of it. Today's purportedly more sensible Republicans are dismissive of the present state, but links of the same chain stretch back a long time. This isn't just a Trump thing. The ethically corrupt bought out the conservative ideology decades ago. The examples go on and on and on.

When did stuff like what we're seeing with the G7 Summit ever happen before? Steve Schmidt was John McCain's adviser, so I think he's a pretty "normal/traditional" Republican.

I think the craziness started with the astro-turf Tea Party and morphed into Donald Trump. He's the culmination.
McCain selected Sarah Palin to be his VP nominee.

Yes, there was a WH reporter who said he had been covering the G8 for over three decades and never seen anything like this year.

Well, if you ever see the movie Game Change (which I highly recommend), McCain was planning on having Joe Lieberman as his running mate. At the very last minute, Republican donors said they would bail on McCain if he chose Lieberman, so they rushed and found Sarah Palin without knowing a thing about her.

My biggest beef with McCain was his decision making. Palin for VP being the biggest of his horrible decisions. McCain hated Palin almost from day 1. This is Steve Schmidt and Nicolle Wallace trying to prep Palin. Both Schmidt and Wallace said every bit of the movie is true.

McCain selected Sarah Palin to be his VP nominee.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT