ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Hype Thread

No way Biden breaks 100…
Neither wuld break 100 playing even casual rules.

"Reilly’s book also mentions that caddies at Winged Foot are said to refer to the president as “Pelé” because he kicks the ball around the course like the Brazilian football icon"

Last edited:

"Reilly’s book also mentions that caddies at Winged Foot are said to refer to the president as “Pelé” because he kicks the ball around the course like the Brazilian football icon"
Trump would break 100 easily.

From a 6'200 yard white tee course, playing legit, I'd likely give him 50/50 odds on breaking 85.

Reactions: jet812

@BradStevens what’s the chances your daughter attends the same college as Baron? I’d love for the two of them to fall in love. If they get married the entire Dream Team is invited to the wedding. Don’t go cheap on the drinks and food. We have refined taste buds.
Of course. Guessing she's not Baron's type.

Watched Breaking Away with the kids last night. Daughter asked me afterwards--

"IU has a good business school, doesn't it?"

"Sure, sure. Thought you were thinking of psychology?"

"Maybe, but I want to get a job after college."

"Damn it, where'd you hear you can't get a job after college unless you study business? That's not true . . . "

"Dad, I need to go to bed now."

😠

I'm thinking IU will be an option, depending on $$ offered. Going to have to have more discussions about majors, though.

"Damn it, where'd you hear you can't get a job after college unless you study business? That's not true . . . "

😠

I'm thinking IU will be an option, depending on $$ offered. Going to have to have more discussions about majors, though.
She’ll get enough $$ to bring her in-line with in-state students

😠

Don’t dissuade her and don’t get lost in critical thinking nonsense. Look at how farva, a 22 yr old recent Kelley grad, carves up all these old liberal heads with their advanced degrees in bullshit on the daily. My master’s in public masturbation is worthless.

And do you want her to talk like a social worker. I feel like things aren’t as good as they could be. Or like twenty and jdb. The bottom line isn’t robust. You’re fired

😠

Wait.... you want her to do Psych instead of Business?

@BradStevens what’s the chances your daughter attends the same college as Baron? I’d love for the two of them to fall in love. If they get married the entire Dream Team is invited to the wedding. Don’t go cheap on the drinks and food. We have refined taste buds.
Funny story: I went to high school near Rick Mirer. (Our football team played them every year in an opening jamboree, where each team played one quarter against another school. His Sr. year they beat us 3-0 on a 50 yard field goal by Mirer).

One of the hottest girls in our school, cheerleader obvs, a year behind me, so maybe 4 years behind Mirer, became obsessed with him. Said she was going to marry him. Started dressing up and going out and hanging in South Bend bars he was known to frequent in high school, and snagged him. They married and are still together to this day.

Edit: that was poorly written. This occurred when he was at ND and she was in high school, not him.

Last edited:
He claims to be "club champion" over and over. Different title. But hey...the magas can hold onto that like their baby blanket.

Good for you guys.

"Sometimes, he doesn’t even bother appearing in person before declaring himself the winner of golf tournaments"

I don't know if he is a club champion or not. Don't really care. Leadbetter said he was one in the video. So there's that.

You said: "I haven’t seen trump putt, but if he is less than 36 handicap I will be shocked. That is an ugly swing." Plus you added you were discussing Trump's swing and had seen it many times.

I just pointed out that one of the best teachers knows more that you. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if think it's ugly, then fine. Just don't act like you are some teaching pro who knows more.

And finally, stop with labeling people. I'm not maga or anything. I just contradicted you with Leadbetter and instead of addressing the content of the video, you want to come at me personally. Classy.

That doesn’t mean he can’t break 100. He cheats to get from 90 to 75. Even the folks that talk about him cheating claim he is a good golfer, unless you have seen something I have not.

Ahh yes the "academics" of south campus who philosophize on why things are the way they are as opposed to a career minded Kelley robot.
Uh Huh Yes GIF by CBC

If you want quality professors, there is a higher concentration in Kelley. When I would venture to south campus on occasion for an elective it was marked how unspectacular the faculty was. IU is a pretty mediocre school with mediocre professors outside of Kelley.

Kelley also has a pretty broad selection of majors. She doesn't have to get an accounting and finance degree.

Personally I think the list below is a bunch of claptrap but Kelley offers it and it might be closer to the "critical thinking" you're looking for.

- Law, Ethics & Decision making (LEAD)
- Leading diverse, equitable and inclusive organizations
- Marketing & Professional sales
- Public policy analysis

But what do I know. I'm uncultured, unquestioning Kelley swine.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I don't know if he is a club champion or not. Don't really care. Leadbetter said he was one in the video. So there's that.

You said: "I haven’t seen trump putt, but if he is less than 36 handicap I will be shocked. That is an ugly swing." Plus you added you were discussing Trump's swing and had seen it many times.

I just pointed out that one of the best teachers knows more that you. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if think it's ugly, then fine. Just don't act like you are some teaching pro who knows more.

And finally, stop with labeling people. I'm not maga or anything. I just contradicted you with Leadbetter and instead of addressing the content of the video, you want to come at me personally. Classy.
Magas labeled themselves, it wasn’t me.

I think they may even have their own hat

Reactions: UncleMark
Don’t worry. We’re gonna fix Brad by the time she decides
IU Business School sells itself in Breaking Away.

You have the story's hero, "Rod"...a Texan, athlete, fraternity bro, poonhound (well-disciplined in the "breaststroke"), and Kelley undergrad, constantly getting undermined by local yahoos. Guy deals with their shit all movie, but because of his gracious heart, let's them win Little 500 (given he has a sweet gig already lined up post-grad with Nakatomi in LA, and wants to throw the locals a bone on his way out of town).

Within ten years at Nakatomi, he's a high-level executive, with a sweet corner office, doing lines and banging chicks at the company Christmas parties. Although he gets unceremoniously wacked by some rouge terrorists while trying to negotiate for the lives of his fellow employees at said Chistmas party, I think the guy lived a life worth emulating.

Other than being offed by terrorists, I relate to his story of hardscrabble Texan via way of Kelley Business, making a positive mark in society of today.

Last edited:
If you want quality professors, there is a higher concentration in Kelley. When I would venture to south campus on occasion for an elective it was marked how unspectacular the faculty was. IU is a pretty mediocre school with mediocre professors outside of Kelley.

Kelley also has a pretty broad selection of majors. She doesn't have to get an accounting and finance degree.

Personally I think the list below is a bunch of claptrap but Kelley offers it and it might be closer to the "critical thinking" you're looking for.

- Law, Ethics & Decision making (LEAD)
- Leading diverse, equitable and inclusive organizations
- Marketing & Professional sales
- Public policy analysis

But what do I know. I'm uncultured, unquestioning Kelley swine.
LOL at all four of those. Your listing of them proves my point about your uncultured, swine-like nature. :)

As for the second one, if we were sitting in a bar right now talking, I'd punch you in the arm or back slap you in the chest (my preferred method).

IU Business School sells itself in Breaking Away.

You have the story's hero, "Rod"...a Texan, athlete, fraternity bro, poonhound (well-disciplined in the "breaststroke"), and Kelly undergrad, constantly getting undermined by local yahoos. Guy deals with their shit all movie, but because of his gracious heart, let's them win Little 500 (given he has a sweet gig already lined up post-grad with Nakatomi in LA, and wants to throw the locals a bone on his way out of town).

Within ten years at Nakatomi, he's a high-level executive, with a sweet corner office, doing lines and banging chicks at the company Christmas parties. Although he gets unceremoniously wacked by some rouge terrorists while trying to negotiate for the lives of his fellow employees at said Chistmas party, I think the guy lived a life worth emulating.

Other than being offed by terrorists, I relate to his story of hardscrabble Texan via way of Kelley Business, making a positive mark in society of today.
God I'm impressed with this. Noticing the dude's license plate, which my wife noticed last night while watching (she's from Texas) and I never had, is really the pièce de résistance.

Mods, please note this as a frontrunner for WCPOTY 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: mattndallas
When my daughter told us she was switching her major from biology to video game design, I did not discourage her, but thought it might be a path to joblessness. Video games? really?

But learning high level programing skills necessary to produce video games, exposure to virtual reality creation, etc. made her super-employable. She landed a job that rapidly progressed to six figures in salary, contract work designing simulations for various purposes (many are military related).

And here I wanted her to finish the bio degree, go to vet school, rack up debt, and probably not make very much

Do you play golf? My father in law is 78 and consistently shoots in the high 80s. He never played golf growing up. The holes are 300ish yards. Old men tend to hit the ball 150-200 straight consistently. It’s extremely difficult to score over a 100 from the old man tees, especially if you play several times a week.

😠

She’s a wise young lady. Get that money girl. She knows Daddy is going through a midlife crisis.

Do you play golf? My father in law is 78 and consistently shoots in the high 80s. He never played golf growing up. The holes are 300ish yards. Old men tend to hit the ball 150-200 straight consistently. It’s extremely difficult to score over a 100 from the old man tees, especially if you play several times a week.
If Trump's playing with pro's and athletes, he's not playing the Senior tees. He's likely playing 6,400-6,800 yard courses...that are HARD (his).

I doubt he's a low single/true Club Champ caliber, but would believe he's a high single that breaks 80 on occasion.

Reactions: jet812
If Trump's playing with pro's and athletes, he's not playing the Senior tees. He's likely playing 6,400-6,800 yard courses...that are HARD (his).

I doubt he's a low single/true Club Champ caliber, but would believe he's a high single that breaks 80 on occasion.
Serious question: can 80-year-old former PGA golfers break 80 on hard courses when playing from the tips?

And Freud.
Neither is studied much in most psych courses today at good programs. Freud has been almost completely discredited in academic psychology and I think is read more widely by history of ideas courses (and maybe the literature or post modernist studies person who won't understand it).

For more modern day stuff, think Tversky and Kahneman.

A lot

Congrats to your FIL. Hope I can do that at 78

Good grief. Still won't address the content of the video. You're not a teaching pro. Just admit Trump has a good swing and it's effective. It's not a vote for him for President.
If he did. I would

I will say his swing is average for an old morbidly obese guy.

The well documented cheating and fake championships is almost as entertaining as watching the magas scramble to make excuses for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT