ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Hype Thread

Only a fool who wins a lower flight would claim it as a club championship.

That title is pretty much exclusively used for the winner of only one flight.
Mehhh. If I was 2nd flight club champion I would call myself 2nd flight club champion. Plus Trump is a senior. There are different senior flights too.

Honestly IDC one way or the other, it matters NOT. Years ago pre-kids I golfed. What I quickly realized as a responsible dad is, golf is a waste of time and as a dad I have no time for it. Our weekends have been and still are carting kids around to different sporting events and supporting them. Most of my kids were and are involved in multiple sports.

I’m just saying, I caddied for a decade and the same three guys won the club championship over that time. All of them 10-12’s that showed up and broke 80 three days in a row.

That 10-12 range is a sandbaggers paradise. I bet that’s what Trump is doing.

What kind of shitty playing members you have that breaking 80 wins a club championship? 3rd flight winners? Got to put up rounds in the 60s to win ours.

You realize that picture posted by Noodle is John Daly with Trump's face photoshopped in, don't you?
No, they don’t. They are easily fooled by fake pictures, news and videos constantly and ironically whine about “fake news” at the same time.

He maybe "won" his flight in one of his club's middle flight Championships. No way is he the "gross" Club Champ at any of his clubs.

Maybe they have a shootout or something with all the flights (capped) where he has pulled off something against the real club Champ. Who knows.

He's likely a high single from the "white" tees.

Yeah a lot of former college players. Guy who won last year shot 65 on the first 18 of the 36 hole champ match.
Back in 2008, Golf Digest did research to determine the best "playing membership" club in America, and our club was determined to be #1...

Wolf Run (RIP) in Zionsville was #37.

"Lisa recently compiled another ranking for our biannual lifestyle publication, Golf Digest Index, which rated America's golf clubs not by the quality of their courses but by their membership's playing ability. She calculated the cumulative total of the Handicap Indexes of each club's top-10 players, with the surprising results listed below. Two caveats were imposed: No pros and no more than four college-age kids -- enough of these young pups! (See Mark Calcavecchia's 10 Rules) There seems to be an overabundance of Texas clubs, which supports the long-held view that the State of Hogan, Nelson and Trevino simply breeds tougher competitors."

Back in 2008, Golf Digest did research to determine the best "playing membership" club in America, and our club was determined to be #1...

Wolf Run (RIP) in Zionsville was #37.

"Lisa recently compiled another ranking for our biannual lifestyle publication, Golf Digest Index, which rated America's golf clubs not by the quality of their courses but by their membership's playing ability. She calculated the cumulative total of the Handicap Indexes of each club's top-10 players, with the surprising results listed below. Two caveats were imposed: No pros and no more than four college-age kids -- enough of these young pups! (See Mark Calcavecchia's 10 Rules) There seems to be an overabundance of Texas clubs, which supports the long-held view that the State of Hogan, Nelson and Trevino simply breeds tougher competitors."
Wolf was definitely a player's club. If you didn't have a single digit cap you wouldn't have much fun playing there. In the long run was probably it's downfall... Though the last owner didn't help. Was a beautiful course

So you use preferred assumptions, but you have no proof to back up your preference while attempting to pass it off as "you being connected/ knowledgeable of a fact".

Luckily, you have proven you have zero credibility, so you have that.
Now, you may be correct, so I will allow you the benefit of the doubt. But per your admission, it would only be via total accident and not knowledge.

What is sad is. You all have pulled out every possible and totally improbable negative against Trump over the last 8+ years, there is a total of ZERO amount of credibility that any of you have, if you were all added together. Z E R O.
That is what you get when you only follow Nancy Notes. It would take you ALL, 8 yrs to even start to build any piece of legitimacy now. That is why I say civil war so so close. It's damn sad.
The gravy seal doth protest too much methinks

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
What kind of shitty playing members you have that breaking 80 wins a club championship? 3rd flight winners? Got to put up rounds in the 60s to win ours.
I'm confused. It was an old man, old money club but of course we had some scratches and plus handicaps. Are your club championships not indexed?

I'm confused. It was an old man, old money club but of course we had some scratches and plus handicaps. Are your club championships not indexed?
Usually, any index can opt for the "Championship Flight"...which plays gross (no strokes) and identifies the clubs best player/champion.

There's also flights...most use index just for flight selection...then play straight up within the flight.

I'm assuming Trump won the First or Second flight at one of his clubs...maybe. Even that's debatable. 😄

Usually, any index can opt for the "Championship Flight"...which plays gross (no strokes) and identifies the clubs best player/champion.

There's also flights...most use index just for flight selection...then play straight up within the flight.

I'm assuming Trump won the First or Second flight at one of his clubs...maybe. Even that's debatable. 😄
He plays by himself coming back declaring himself the club champion. Clown show that some are gullible enough to believe

No. They are flighted by handicap.... And then you play against similar handicaps straight up. So a 10 handicap might be playing in the 3rd or 4th flight against others in the 8-12 range.

There are some other events through the year, such as the member/member team event, that are played as 'net' events. Those are usually the large $$ calcuttas. But club championships are always without handicaps.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I’m just saying, I caddied for a decade and the same three guys won the club championship over that time. All of them 10-12’s that showed up and broke 80 three days in a row.

That 10-12 range is a sandbaggers paradise. I bet that’s what Trump is doing.
If Trump isn’t having secret service men give him 14 foot side hill putts, I’d wager he’s not making bogey from the white tees. He cannot touch his toes nor see them most days. Biden is no 6 handicap either

If Trump isn’t having secret service men give him 14 foot side hill putts, I’d wager he’s not making bogey from the white tees. He cannot touch his toes nor see them most days. Biden is no 6 handicap either
If you make the wager that he can’t make at least bogey from the white tees you’re going to lose a lot of money.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
If you make the wager that he can’t make at least bogey from the white tees you’re going to lose a lot of money.
Give Lumpy Trumpy the Dye Course, hole 5- no gimmes play the ball where it lies- I wager no bogey, Cascades well one legged gents bogey there- I’m probably as guilty as anti Trump as he himself is in pro self- course record holder sure Donny sure

20 strokes??!!!!

Have to see the payouts, but I might take Biden there. If he can break a 100, can Trump break 80???
Lol…can you believe they are arguing about golf? Perhaps age limits should be a thing. It’s ridiculous at this point.

No clue if Trump can break 80. I assume they are playing the old man tees. I’d still take Trump. It’s basically a shot a hole. I doubt Biden could finish 18 holes.

Give Lumpy Trumpy the Dye Course, hole 5- no gimmes play the ball where it lies- I wager no bogey, Cascades well one legged gents bogey there- I’m probably as guilty as anti Trump as he himself is in pro self- course record holder sure Donny sure
You changed the gold posts from the original post I replied to.

Irrelevant as I was discussing trump’s swing I have seen many times…not that photo

Not sure if you have ever heard of a guy named David Leadbetter. He's kind of big deal in golf. He disagrees with you.

But hey, maybe you are Butch Harmon and we just never knew.

BTW, many clubs have senior champions and even super senior champions. No reason Trump couldn't have won those recently.

20 strokes??!!!!

Have to see the payouts, but I might take Biden there. If he can break a 100, can Trump break 80???
biden could stroke a 60, Trump pay out the $mill and still make $400 mill on the TV deal... Total freaking gold !!!! That is one hell of an ROI !!

Reactions: BradStevens
Not sure if you have ever heard of a guy named David Leadbetter. He's kind of big deal in golf. He disagrees with you.

But hey, maybe you are Butch Harmon and we just never knew.

BTW, many clubs have senior champions and even super senior champions. No reason Trump couldn't have won those recently.
He claims to be "club champion" over and over. Different title. But hey...the magas can hold onto that like their baby blanket.

Good for you guys.

"Sometimes, he doesn’t even bother appearing in person before declaring himself the winner of golf tournaments"

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT