ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Considering Multi-State Quarantine

Uh huh. ;)

Not hard to understand really.

1: I said good because I wish the entire country would do that. Full lockdown like what is being proposed in ny for the entire country with travel restrictions for two weeks.

2. What is being proposed is county by county. I was citing an example in an effort to see if people had an opinion as to how this might work.

Oddly these two topics can be discussed as separate topics. And trust me I would never have you as a client. You wouldn’t understand anything going on. Life’s literally too short to deal with dolts like you. You have a major character flaw. You want to infer ill will where it doesn’t exist. Lousy way to live. Lousy person really.

McMurtry, I apologize. I probably read your post incorrectly. Tensions are high. I assumed something I shouldn’t have. I take you at your word.

Apologies. Truth be told, I’m worried. I had a moment. Mods, please erase my nasty posts to MacMurtry and Hoos.

Lol. What a dumb, shitty person Good luck being you Dr Hoops.

McMurtry, I apologize. I probably read your post incorrectly. Tensions are high. I assumed something I shouldn’t have. I take you at your word.

Apologies. Truth be told, I’m worried. I had a moment. Mods, please erase my nasty posts to MacMurtry and Hoos.
I don’t think anyone on this board wants anything but the best for Americans everywhere. I apologize to you for my response. We’re all stressed. It’s okay. Hang in there.

The issue is limiting a bunch of new yorkers from turning FL into a disaster zone. I mean they do that even without the virus. I don't see how this can be accomplished.

Rhode Island Police Hunt Down Travelers From New York to Force Quarantine

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...s-new-york-force-quarantine.html?via=taps_top

Rhode Island’s National Guard and state police have an unusual job this weekend: hunting down New Yorkers. Authorities are on the look out for cars with New York license plates and they’re also going door-to-door in coastal towns to find anyone who recently arrived from New York. Anyone who recently traveled from New York to Rhode Island must undergo a 14-day quarantine or else risk a $500 fine and 90 days in prison. “I know this is unusual. I know this is extreme. And I know some people don’t agree with it,” Gov. Gina Raimondo said. “It’s absolutely not a decision I make lightly.”​

Reactions: hoosboot
The issue is limiting a bunch of new yorkers from turning FL into a disaster zone. I mean they do that even without the virus. I don't see how this can be accomplished.

Well..., by having vocalized it he's basically incentivized a mass exodus before it's put in place.

I don't have Trump Derangment Syndrome (in my opinion this is a situation where we All should be rooting for him to succeed), but this is clearly a case where he just should have kept his mouth shut until he spoke with the governors and had a set of clear directives ready to go...

Rhode Island Police Hunt Down Travelers From New York to Force Quarantine

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...s-new-york-force-quarantine.html?via=taps_top

Rhode Island’s National Guard and state police have an unusual job this weekend: hunting down New Yorkers. Authorities are on the look out for cars with New York license plates and they’re also going door-to-door in coastal towns to find anyone who recently arrived from New York. Anyone who recently traveled from New York to Rhode Island must undergo a 14-day quarantine or else risk a $500 fine and 90 days in prison. “I know this is unusual. I know this is extreme. And I know some people don’t agree with it,” Gov. Gina Raimondo said. “It’s absolutely not a decision I make lightly.”​

Recommend the same for Indiana Troopers to keep Kentuckians out. Been asking for this for years.

Well..., by having vocalized it he's basically incentivized a mass exodus before it's put in place.

I don't have Trump Derangment Syndrome (in my opinion this is a situation where we All should be rooting for him to succeed), but this is clearly a case where he just should have kept his mouth shut until he spoke with the governors and had a set of clear directives ready to go...

Heeere they come....yuk

Exactly. I'm appalled that he announced that off-the-cuff to a reporter they way he did, having not even consulted the governors of the affected states.

Contrary to what CoH says, his words, even unofficial off-the-cuff ones, do have great effect. This whole idea, if he's really thinking of doing it, couldn't have been handled less professionally or competently. He is literally a bull in a china shop, that happens to be president of said china shop.

Reactions: hoosboot
Maybe it's time to think about the 25th Amendment again. The POTUS is not capable of competently performing the duties of his office, and this country is in crisis. His incompetence is killing people.

Our next wave cases are primarily imports ones -- in fact, all of Singapore's cases yesterday were all imports (foreigners visiting. PRs like me or Singaporean returning.) They walk past the airport thermal scanners undetected since its a 14+ days incubation (and symptoms don't usually show up till the 5th but sometimes earlier.)
Taiwan's facing the same problem but to a lesser extent.

They have never the less started GPS wrist-tagging everyone who comes through the airport.

Contact tracing (for the quarantining and home-isolation) manually is starting to get more and more difficult as the caseloads get bigger. (Plus people may intentionally, naturally lie -- many men or women had to because of existing extramarital affairs.)

It's all hands on deck now in Singapore for their contact tracing teams -- who have combined both the hospital's own teams with the Police and Military investigating teams.

But at some point, I can see wrist tagging if the manual approach becomes unsustainable. Then the issue of Big Brother versus Personal Privacy* versus the Societal Good kicks in.

* Your Location has been Shared 5,398 Times!: A Field Study on Mobile App Privacy Nudging

Exactly. I'm appalled that he announced that off-the-cuff to a reporter they way he did, having not even consulted the governors of the affected states.

Contrary to what CoH says, his words, even unofficial off-the-cuff ones, do have great effect. This whole idea, if he's really thinking of doing it, couldn't have been handled less professionally or competently. He is literally a bull in a china shop, that happens to be president of said china shop.
And now he's backed off on the idea in a tweet.

He doesn't know what the f**k he's doing.

Maybe it's time to think about the 25th Amendment again. The POTUS is not capable of competently performing the duties of his office, and this country is in crisis. His incompetence is killing people.
You'd have to have a competent Congress and cabinet to pull that off. No dice.

Trump is erratic (and that's an understatement) but he's what we've got and considering what many seem to have expected from the Republicans for decades, he's passed up Every opportunity to declare Martial Law and become a de facto dictator...

I'm impressed by that...

He's an imperfect guy doing an imperfect job but overall I'd give him a P for passing grade in a Pass/Fail situation.

So far...

Trump is erratic (and that's an understatement) but he's what we've got and considering what many seem to have expected from the Republicans for decades, he's passed up Every opportunity to declare Martial Law and become a de facto dictator...

I'm impressed by that...

He's an imperfect guy doing an imperfect job but overall I'd give him a P for passing grade in a Pass/Fail situation.

So far...

If you are going to grade the test, shouldn't you grade him on a curve? The US and Trump aren't the only ones in the pandemic/rodeo. Otherwise, it's just a beauty contest based on the test of one person in one specific scenario.

One specific KPI would be the number of case and deaths ie outcomes. Then another would be leadership qualities (which would include communication, organisation skills, strong interpersonal skills and good motivation skills) vis a vis respective outcomes.

Then you need to track cust sats results.

C'mon, man. He hasn't declared martial law. What more do you want?

My big thing is lockdowns -- its the no brainer solution. Low brain power solution. But its just unsustainable.

It's like getting a bad cut on your arm with some infection ...and then immediate amputation?

There has to be incremental steps otherwise what happens in the next 'peak' or 'wave' as I prefer to call it... and trust me there will be.

Lockdowns like some on-off switch? It becomes the boy who cried wolf situation.

Plus no economy can survive under such conditions.

Yes sir.
The next month is going to be really tough.

That's stupid. How come the police folks aren't wearing masks? They are coming in contact with so many folks per hour? Or they could be super spreading now but asymptomatic.
Amazing.

We have kids here counting mall traffic wearing masks.people selling food or cashier's at the checkout counters wearing masks.
And you wonder why and how the US numbers rocketed from 100 to 140,000 cases all within the month of march?

That's stupid. How come the police folks aren't wearing masks? They are coming in contact with so many folks per hour? Or they could be super spreading now but asymptomatic.
Amazing.

We have kids here counting mall traffic wearing masks.people selling food or cashier's at the checkout counters wearing masks.
And you wonder why and how the US numbers rocketed from 100 to 140,000 cases all within the month of march?

Unlike Asia.... the US has not really ever had to deal with anything like this.

Amazing.

We can't seem to be able to provide masks for health care workers, let alone the traffic cops and mall workers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT