ADVERTISEMENT

Are Democrats going to denounce the Biden Administration's abuse of power?

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
Just as they did with Trump's abuse of power?

From The Free Press:

The day journalist Matt Taibbi testified in Congress about his ongoing work with the Twitter Files, something strange happened back at his home: The IRS showed up. Yes, the exact day. And yes, they showed up in person at his door. What was the IRS doing there? They said they had “concerns over identity theft.” What a farce. There’s nothing nastier than the White House using the IRS as a political tool (Trump had them audit James Comey and Andrew McCabe during Russiagate). And now it seems the IRS is coming for anyone who personally annoys Biden’s staff. This week, that was Matt Taibbi.

As The Wall Street Journal editorial board wrote: “The bigger question is when did the IRS start to dispatch agents for surprise house calls? Typically when the IRS challenges some part of a tax return, it sends a dunning letter. Or it might seek more information from the taxpayer or tax preparer. If the IRS wants to audit a return, it schedules a meeting at the agent’s office. It doesn’t drop by unannounced.”

You might not have heard about the harassment of Taibbi until now. That’s because everyone who normally champions press freedom against government harassment actually loves when Biden does the harassing against a reporter who exercises the First Amendment a little too hard. Anyway: we stand with Taibbi. And to the IRS agents who will inevitably show up at our door, you’ve got the wrong Nellie! What’s TGIF and why are you chanting it? Bari? Like Barry White? Don’t know him.

In other press freedom news, a Wall Street Journal reporter, Evan Gershkovich, has been arrested this week in Russia on “espionage” charges. Our thoughts are with Evan. Bring him home.

Each "side" will become incrementally more authoritarian in a tit for tat manner until the one that wins the last true election.

I am not wading into the Trump indictment thread, too stupid. Trump may have done something wrong and theoretically would deserve punishment for the same. I believe Biden and his family operate in that same paradigm. If a Republican wins the next election, there is going to be a subset of their electorate that will demand Biden, his son, and his brother get the Trump treatment.

Nobody is going to want anything to do with political office. Nobody competent or trustworthy.

I'm not excusing what Trump or Biden may or may not have done while outside of office. I'm talking about using governmental authorities to intimidate, punish, etc. citizens based on political view or reasons.

And FWIW, I'm not some Taibbi fan. He was way left of me for a long time.
He still is way left of you.

Our government is already quasi-fascist. They are just boiling the frog.

From The Free Press:

The day journalist Matt Taibbi testified in Congress about his ongoing work with the Twitter Files, something strange happened back at his home: The IRS showed up. Yes, the exact day. And yes, they showed up in person at his door. What was the IRS doing there? They said they had “concerns over identity theft.” What a farce. There’s nothing nastier than the White House using the IRS as a political tool (Trump had them audit James Comey and Andrew McCabe during Russiagate). And now it seems the IRS is coming for anyone who personally annoys Biden’s staff. This week, that was Matt Taibbi.

As The Wall Street Journal editorial board wrote: “The bigger question is when did the IRS start to dispatch agents for surprise house calls? Typically when the IRS challenges some part of a tax return, it sends a dunning letter. Or it might seek more information from the taxpayer or tax preparer. If the IRS wants to audit a return, it schedules a meeting at the agent’s office. It doesn’t drop by unannounced.”

You might not have heard about the harassment of Taibbi until now. That’s because everyone who normally champions press freedom against government harassment actually loves when Biden does the harassing against a reporter who exercises the First Amendment a little too hard. Anyway: we stand with Taibbi. And to the IRS agents who will inevitably show up at our door, you’ve got the wrong Nellie! What’s TGIF and why are you chanting it? Bari? Like Barry White? Don’t know him.

In other press freedom news, a Wall Street Journal reporter, Evan Gershkovich, has been arrested this week in Russia on “espionage” charges. Our thoughts are with Evan. Bring him home.
Oh HELL no!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Each "side" will become incrementally more authoritarian in a tit for tat manner until the one that wins the last true election.

I am not wading into the Trump indictment thread, too stupid. Trump may have done something wrong and theoretically would deserve punishment for the same. I believe Biden and his family operate in that same paradigm. If a Republican wins the next election, there is going to be a subset of their electorate that will demand Biden, his son, and his brother get the Trump treatment.

Nobody is going to want anything to do with political office. Nobody competent or trustworthy.
Yep, right or wrong, this is where we’re headed now.

I hope Biden has all his stuff in order because there’s a good chance they’re gonna crawl up his ass with a microscope.

As for people here denouncing Bidens clear abuse of power, lol. Don’t hold your breath.

Come to think of it, it should probably be looked into by the next administration. There is a good chance he broke some laws.

Yep, right or wrong, this is where we’re headed now.

I hope Biden has all his stuff in order because there’s a good chance they’re gonna crawl up his ass with a microscope.

As for people here denouncing Bidens clear abuse of power, lol. Don’t hold your breath.

Come to think of it, it should probably be looked into by the next administration. There is a good chance he broke some laws.
I can't wait until President Haley directs the DOJ to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate the Biden Crime Family.

I personally find the federal government no longer relevant to me. At this point they can do whatever I'm not complying or paying attention to them. I'm a small fry. If they ever decide to pester me I guess you'll see me on the nightly news. Worse case scenario I die. Whatever.

Didn't he commit a felony? Felons can't be Prez, can they? That's the Dem stratagey against Trump.
Wait. I thought they wanted all this so he would be the nominee as he would be so easy to defeat.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

From The Free Press:

There should be an investigation. If there is something political, charges should follow.

I am unsure why the IRS would use identity theft as the threat.

There should be an investigation. If there is something political, charges should follow.

I am unsure why the IRS would use identity theft as the threat.
This one seems a little ham-handed. If I believed in coincidences I could almost believe this was/is one.

But it seems more likely this was just plain stupidity. Like stuffing documents in your socks . . .

I believe Biden and his family operate in that same paradigm.
I believe way too many of them do.

Very little Mr. Smith Goes to Washington types these days. Probably never were if we're being honest. But that's human nature. I tell people who report to me that get angry about something floating in our orbit at work that we have to work within the bounds of the reality we inhabit.

You can go bark at the moon or figure out a way to get there.

This one seems a little ham-handed. If I believed in coincidences I could almost believe this was/is one.

But it seems more likely this was just plain stupidity. Like stuffing documents in your socks . . .
No, more like the deep state knew they would gain favor with their bosses, i.e. Democrats, if they went after anyone attacking Democrats.

I think Haley would be a fine candidate in 2032 after spending 8 years as VP. 😉
I don't know if Desantis can escape his 'territorial dispute' gaffe. Democrats will hang him with that, as will non-MAGA Republicans.

Who knows what Trump will do.

I think Haley would be a good compromise candidate. She's tough as nails and would kill in debate.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I believe way too many of them do.

Very little Mr. Smith Goes to Washington types these days. Probably never were if we're being honest. But that's human nature. I tell people who report to me that get angry about something floating in our orbit at work that we have to work within the bounds of the reality we inhabit.

You can go bark at the moon or figure out a way to get there.
I agree with that which is why I think this whole Trump kerfuffle is kind of problematic. There is a bunch of legal recriminations that are out there to be taken on both sides with the potential to get really nasty.

Reactions: larsIU and DANC
I agree with that which is why I think this whole Trump kerfuffle is kind of problematic. There is a bunch of legal recriminations that are out there to be taken on both sides with the potential to get really nasty.
The Rubicon has been crossed.

This is just the beginning.

Reactions: stollcpa
No, "The argument is we don't want political prosecutions being used to block people."

This is nothing but a political prosecution.

It may be political, no one has answered if prosecutions like this have happened. Do you know for a fact no one gets charged for this? Do others know for a fact others have been charged?

But even if he is found guilty, he can be president. If the law were felons could not serve, he would be blocked. But that is not the law. That DA cannot in any way prevent Trump from serving as president.

Eugene Debs ran for president while serving time in prison.

I personally find the federal government no longer relevant to me. At this point they can do whatever I'm not complying or paying attention to them. I'm a small fry. If they ever decide to pester me I guess you'll see me on the nightly news. Worse case scenario I die. Whatever.
This is basically how I feel as well, the only thing I'm waiting for is Whoopi to come take my AR -15. She told me she wanted it on her show the other day.

I work, I make money, I spend money and then once a year I pay my debt to society (taxes). Seems pretty reasonable for me, I would love to give to more local charities and often feel obliged to do so until the one time a year comes around and I see how much I've already poured into social programs and I refrain.

Oh well Turkey season is only about 3 weeks away, time to break out the old fire arms. :)

It may be political, no one has answered if prosecutions like this have happened. Do you know for a fact no one gets charged for this? Do others know for a fact others have been charged?

But even if he is found guilty, he can be president. If the law were felons could not serve, he would be blocked. But that is not the law. That DA cannot in any way prevent Trump from serving as president.

Eugene Debs ran for president while serving time in prison.

Maybe he'll be president while sitting in a cell in Rikers next to his CFO, who's already there.

Fun times!

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT