ADVERTISEMENT

Are Democrats going to denounce the Biden Administration's abuse of power?

If someone directed the IRS to do this in retaliation for something Taibi did, then absolutely yes they should be investigated and charged.
There’s no chance this wasn’t intentional. None.

It definitely should be investigated.

And then, like Pelosi said, he’ll get a trial to prove he’s innocent.

We’re a nation of laws, you see.

If someone directed the IRS to do this in retaliation for something Taibi did, then absolutely yes they should be investigated and charged.
Don't IRS agents always visit you instead of sending a letter?

Reactions: 76-1
Impeaching a President is prescribed in the Constitution. Charging an ex-President with a trumped-up charge that would never be brought against you or me is an historical first and is against the laws of a 1st world country.
The search function here must be broken because it's not turning up your passionate arguments against those eerily similar charges against John Edwards back when he was indicted for paying his mistress hush money with campaign funds. Mark, get on those repairs!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and cosmickid
It's all fun and games until one of the 87,000 IRS agents come to your door for posting in support of conservative ideas.
The guy was on the stand that day and provided transparency and this is what he comes home too??? Hmmmm reminds me of this Tweet except he had something on his own party and told the truth.

There’s no chance this wasn’t intentional. None.

It definitely should be investigated.

And then, like Pelosi said, he’ll get a trial to prove he’s innocent.

We’re a nation of laws, you see.
Yes I do. Trump, Biden, the whole lot should be thrown in jail if they broke any laws. I've never said otherwise. No one is above the law. We are a nation of laws.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Impeaching a President is prescribed in the Constitution. Charging an ex-President with a trumped-up charge that would never be brought against you or me is an historical first and is against the laws of a 1st world country.

Yeah but it was politically motivated. Whereas Watergate was a criminal investigation that wasn’t nearly as partisan.

Clinton was the real beginning of partisan assassinations.

Reactions: UncleMark
I don't know if Desantis can escape his 'territorial dispute' gaffe. Democrats will hang him with that, as will non-MAGA Republicans.

Who knows what Trump will do.

I think Haley would be a good compromise candidate. She's tough as nails and would kill in debate.
"I think Haley would be a good compromise candidate. She's tough as nails and would kill in debate."

She can't even avoid looking like an idiot when trying to explain her plan for "entitlement reform", which is how she avoids saying Social Security. She can't even give Cavuto an answer that makes sense, and you think she'd "kill it" in a debate?

Maybe with a 5th grader...

Cavuto,Hannity, Fox and Fiends... It's hard to say which appearance did more damage to her "candidacy", since they were all pretty disastrous...

And while she went to great lengths to avoid criticizing her buddy Trump, he basically went on truth social and labelled her an idiot... He actually said that he made her UN Ambassador as a favor to the people of SC to make room for McMaster to become Governor...

The soundbites emerging out of the 2024 GOP debates should be hilarious...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
That’s one of those “we’ll give him a fair trial before we hang him” moments that provides an insight to her deranged so-called brain.
I wonder if she still has some of her gold plated pens we paid for?

"I think Haley would be a good compromise candidate. She's tough as nails and would kill in debate."

She can't even avoid looking like an idiot when trying to explain her plan for "entitlement reform", which is how she avoids saying Social Security. She can't even give Cavuto an answer that makes sense, and you think she'd "kill it" in a debate?

Cavuto,Hannity, Fox and Fiends... It's hard to say which appearance did more damage to her "candidacy", since they were all pretty disastrous...

And while she went to great lengths to avoid criticizing her buddy Trump, he basically went on truth social and labelled her an idiot... He actually said that he made her UN Ambassador as a favor to the people of SC to make room for McMaster to become Governor...

Not near as funny as listening to Biden trying to even talk by 2024 .

Reactions: DANC
The search function here must be broken because it's not turning up your passionate arguments against those eerily similar charges against John Edwards back when he was indicted for paying his mistress hush money with campaign funds. Mark, get on those repairs!
Not to mention the "Lock Her UP" chants vs Clinton in 2016, prior to her being indicted for anything. And Trump's woe is me whine rings more than a little hollow, considering the way he continued to persecute the Central Park 5 AFTER they were EXONERATED by DNA evidence after being falsely imprisoned.

Trump led the charge to falsely imprison innocent teen aged kids, and after they were proven to be innocent he still refused to even apologize for his racist actions...If ever the term Karma was applicable...

Of course the underlying problem is Trump's challenge with basic English vocabulary. He confused the term "EXONERATE" which means to absolve from guilt as in proven innocent in the case of the CP5, with Mueller concluding that the issue of Trump's obstruction of justice was a matter for Congress and not his investigation to resolve. The CP5 were exonerated, Trump was not...

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
I personally find the federal government no longer relevant to me. At this point they can do whatever I'm not complying or paying attention to them. I'm a small fry. If they ever decide to pester me I guess you'll see me on the nightly news. Worse case scenario I die. Whatever.

Heck. C 85, we are all small fries in the big scheme.

Accept this and don't die for a cause to get your brief notoriety in the news.

Put your gun and pride back in the closet

Admittedly might be reading too much and/or misunderstanding your post.

Well that's because you're stupid - the WWW wasn't around then.

And fyi - Trump didn't use campaign funds. Edwards did, and he still wasn't convicted.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Yes I do. Trump, Biden, the whole lot should be thrown in jail if they broke any laws. I've never said otherwise. No one is above the law. We are a nation of laws.
Is that why Hillary wasn't indicted when she destroyed those 30,000 e-mails that were subpoened?

Oh yeah, you guys only care about subpoenas when they're issued to Republicans.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and 76-1
Yeah but it was politically motivated. Whereas Watergate was a criminal investigation that wasn’t nearly as partisan.

Clinton was the real beginning of partisan assassinations.
Oh give me a freaking break.

Impeaching someone for getting blowjobs in the White House from an intern is not political - it's demanding decency from the President.

Just as they did with Trump's abuse of power?

It's troubling, that is if we're getting the whole story and can take it at face value. With Taibi I'm not so sure that's the case. His sensationalist bent is his trademark.

If I'm Yellen or Schumer or Jeffries, I'm getting to the bottom of it fast and going public with whatever I find out.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

How long did it take you to dig up some no-name blogger who doesn't even listen to what she's saying - not giving her an opportunity to respond.

I would say you're slipping, but you've never made much sense.

Yes, Haley would make mincemeat of any Democrat who runs for President.

It's troubling, that is if we're getting the whole story and can take it at face value. With Taibi I'm not so sure that's the case. His sensationalist bent is his trademark.

If I'm Yellen or Schumer or Jeffries, I'm getting to the bottom of it fast and going public with whatever I find out.
LOL Oh yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that.

You won't hear shit from Yellen or Schumer or Jeffries about it.

So you think the dems will act just like the pubs did?

Of course, you are also assuming this story is completely accurate, which is a giant leap of faith knowing all the bs conservative media peddles.

• Haha

I'm sure you're right. And it's too bad. I don't like misconduct swept under the rug, especially if I'm getting the heat for it. In my fantasy (as Yellen, for example) I'd be getting in touch with the IRS head or the IRS IG and telling them I expected an answer -- without weasel words and bullshit -- next week. If they didn't come through they would be summarily fired and their replacemnts would be given the same orders.

Nothing would piss me off more than being accosted by the press about stupidity or malfeasance.

Not to mention the "Lock Her UP" chants vs Clinton in 2016, prior to her being indicted for anything. And Trump's woe is me whine rings more than a little hollow, considering the way he continued to persecute the Central Park 5 AFTER they were EXONERATED by DNA evidence after being falsely imprisoned.

Trump led the charge to falsely imprison innocent teen aged kids, and after they were proven to be innocent he still refused to even apologize for his racist actions...If ever the term Karma was applicable...

Of course the underlying problem is Trump's challenge with basic English vocabulary. He confused the term "EXONERATE" which means to absolve from guilt as in proven innocent in the case of the CP5, with Mueller concluding that the issue of Trump's obstruction of justice was a matter for Congress and not his investigation to resolve. The CP5 were exonerated, Trump was not...
And you voted for a president that can barely speak 2 syllable words coherently

I'm sure you're right. And it's too bad. I don't like misconduct swept under the rug, especially if I'm getting the heat for it. In my fantasy (as Yellen, for example) I'd be getting in touch with the IRS head or the IRS IG and telling them I expected an answer -- without weasel words and bullshit -- next week. If they didn't come through they would be summarily fired and their replacemnts would be given the same orders.

Nothing would piss me off more than being accosted by the press about stupidity or malfeasance.
This is the correct answer. It's difficult to answer the OP's question directly, because we don't really know what it is yet that we're being asked to condemn, but something definitely needs to be investigated, and if it turns out that this visit happened, and it was done to intimidate Taibbi, then agents who did it, as well as whoever ordered it, need to be fired ASAP.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Taibi committed fraud? Really?

You've never received a letter from the IRS? I guess if you don't make enough to pay taxes, you might not have.
I have no idea if he committed fraud. I thought that's what they were investigating though?

I pay my taxes and have great accountant. It's really not difficult.

Is that why Hillary wasn't indicted when she destroyed those 30,000 e-mails that were subpoened?

Oh yeah, you guys only care about subpoenas when they're issued to Republicans.
Everyone means everyone. Not sure how else I can say.

• Haha
I should have said investigated for fraud. Not committed. Isn't that the excuse the IRS gave for being at his house?
Now Mr. Taibbi has told Mr. Jordan’s committee that an IRS agent showed up at his personal residence in New Jersey on March 9. That happens to be the same day Mr. Taibbi testified before the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government about what he learned about Twitter. The taxman left a note instructing Mr. Taibbi to call the IRS four days later. Mr. Taibbi was told in a call with the agent that both his 2018 and 2021 tax returns had been rejected owing to concerns over identity theft.​
Mr. Taibbi has provided the committee with documentation showing his 2018 return had been electronically accepted, and he says the IRS never notified him or his accountants of a problem after he filed that 2018 return more than four-and-a-half years ago.​

He says the IRS initially rejected his 2021 return, which he later refiled, and it was rejected again—even though Mr. Taibbi says his accountants refiled it with an IRS-provided pin number. Mr. Taibbi notes that in neither case was the issue “monetary,” and that the IRS owes him a “considerable” sum.​
He isn't being accused of fraud. He did not steal his own identity.

I paid more taxes than Trump did in 2016, 2017, and 2018- meanwhile Trump crowed again and again how it was the “greatest economy”. Yet we racked up 7 trillion debt in Trump’s tenure- his day of death will become a national holiday I think. Trump is obese now, it’s evident the stress of accountability is causing some stress eating. I don’t think the STD bloat makes age 80 and I am ready to party!

Now Mr. Taibbi has told Mr. Jordan’s committee that an IRS agent showed up at his personal residence in New Jersey on March 9. That happens to be the same day Mr. Taibbi testified before the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government about what he learned about Twitter. The taxman left a note instructing Mr. Taibbi to call the IRS four days later. Mr. Taibbi was told in a call with the agent that both his 2018 and 2021 tax returns had been rejected owing to concerns over identity theft.​
Mr. Taibbi has provided the committee with documentation showing his 2018 return had been electronically accepted, and he says the IRS never notified him or his accountants of a problem after he filed that 2018 return more than four-and-a-half years ago.​

He says the IRS initially rejected his 2021 return, which he later refiled, and it was rejected again—even though Mr. Taibbi says his accountants refiled it with an IRS-provided pin number. Mr. Taibbi notes that in neither case was the issue “monetary,” and that the IRS owes him a “considerable” sum.​
He isn't being accused of fraud. He did not steal his own identity.
Yeah that's really stupid move whomever called that in. I'm betting the agents even thought it was stupid. I'd be willing to make a good bet that Biden himself had nothing to do with this. Probably some dipshit lackey somewhere in his administration. Should be investigated for sure.

• Haha
I think Haley would be a fine candidate in 2032 after spending 8 years as VP. 😉
In a vacuum I think I’d probably vote for Haley. But the Trump factor complicates thing. With Trump in the field she only serves to take votes away from Trump’s one true challenger Ronny D. So I gotta go with Ronny D. Plus Haley is way too conciliatory on culture issues.

I've never committed fraud so I don't know.
You don't have to commit fraud for the IRS to come after you... just make an innocent mistake on your taxes is all you have to do.

A question for eveyone..... How many of you have ever been audited?

I have never been audited but I did get a letter from them one time saying that I owed an additional $150 because I had made a mistake on one of two forms which they listed. I looked through both forms and could not find any mistake so I called them. After about a 30 minute wait I got connected with a lady (very pleasant) and explained the situation. I told her I may have made a mistake but I couldn't find it so I wanted her to tell me where it was. So we went through the the forms line by line and I told her what I had in each box and when we get done she tells me that I don't owe anything (don't know what she corrected). I asked to send me a letter stating that I didn't owe anything and it showed up 2 or 3 weeks later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT