ADVERTISEMENT

Are Democrats going to denounce the Biden Administration's abuse of power?

Heck. C 85, we are all small fries in the big scheme.

Accept this and don't die for a cause to get your brief notoriety in the news.

Put your gun and pride back in the closet

Admittedly might be reading too much and/or misunderstanding your post.
Probably just reading too much into it.

I'm just saying it's all too much to keep up with. These laws are written by criminals anyway.

I'll just live my life, mind my own business, and ask to be left alone.

I answer to a higher authority than government. I live by the golden rule. If it ever comes to a point they can't leave me alone then I probably don't want to be here anyway. I say that knowing it won't likely happen.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Just as they did with Trump's abuse of power?

From The Free Press:

The day journalist Matt Taibbi testified in Congress about his ongoing work with the Twitter Files, something strange happened back at his home: The IRS showed up. Yes, the exact day. And yes, they showed up in person at his door. What was the IRS doing there? They said they had “concerns over identity theft.” What a farce. There’s nothing nastier than the White House using the IRS as a political tool (Trump had them audit James Comey and Andrew McCabe during Russiagate). And now it seems the IRS is coming for anyone who personally annoys Biden’s staff. This week, that was Matt Taibbi.

As The Wall Street Journal editorial board wrote: “The bigger question is when did the IRS start to dispatch agents for surprise house calls? Typically when the IRS challenges some part of a tax return, it sends a dunning letter. Or it might seek more information from the taxpayer or tax preparer. If the IRS wants to audit a return, it schedules a meeting at the agent’s office. It doesn’t drop by unannounced.”

You might not have heard about the harassment of Taibbi until now. That’s because everyone who normally champions press freedom against government harassment actually loves when Biden does the harassing against a reporter who exercises the First Amendment a little too hard. Anyway: we stand with Taibbi. And to the IRS agents who will inevitably show up at our door, you’ve got the wrong Nellie! What’s TGIF and why are you chanting it? Bari? Like Barry White? Don’t know him.

In other press freedom news, a Wall Street Journal reporter, Evan Gershkovich, has been arrested this week in Russia on “espionage” charges. Our thoughts are with Evan. Bring him home.
The press will sweep this under the rug. If they have to speak of it they will do at in the middle of a broadcast and if anyone connects the dots they will call it spreading misinformation. Just move along and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

You don't have to commit fraud for the IRS to come after you... just make an innocent mistake on your taxes is all you have to do.

A question for eveyone..... How many of you have ever been audited?

I have never been audited but I did get a letter from them one time saying that I owed an additional $150 because I had made a mistake on one of two forms which they listed. I looked through both forms and could not find any mistake so I called them. After about a 30 minute wait I got connected with a lady (very pleasant) and explained the situation. I told her I may have made a mistake but I couldn't find it so I wanted her to tell me where it was. So we went through the the forms line by line and I told her what I had in each box and when we get done she tells me that I don't owe anything (don't know what she corrected). I asked to send me a letter stating that I didn't owe anything and it showed up 2 or 3 weeks later.
How frustrating is it to have to talk to that agency on the phone, or any government agency? We have a lady at our church who deals with PA state government quite a bit and I told her that she was worth her weight in gold because she is far more patient than I am.
Steven Crowder said this past week that the IRS owes him money because he over paid. They have not paid him back in over 2 yrs. If we did that to them they would add all kinds of penalties etc.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
I'm sure you're right. And it's too bad. I don't like misconduct swept under the rug, especially if I'm getting the heat for it. In my fantasy (as Yellen, for example) I'd be getting in touch with the IRS head or the IRS IG and telling them I expected an answer -- without weasel words and bullshit -- next week. If they didn't come through they would be summarily fired and their replacemnts would be given the same orders.

Nothing would piss me off more than being accosted by the press about stupidity or malfeasance.
These people aren't like you and I, Mark. Whatever they can get away with is fine. And if they can let this story fade into nothing, that's perfectly fine with them.

It's all a gotcha game at this level. This is why I'm surprised you hate Trump so much - he's outraged at the deep state and what they get away with. He knows their game because he's good at playing it.

I mean, Hillary PAID for the Steele dossier from campaign funds. And THAT'S not a crime? WTF?

Yeah and the Dems have just been “demanding decency” from Trump.
Bullshit. They were after him before he ever became President.

Your attempt at equivalency is beneath you. Or it used to be.

Reactions: Indianaftw
I have no idea if he committed fraud. I thought that's what they were investigating though?

I pay my taxes and have great accountant. It's really not difficult.
Have they ever paid you or your accountant a visit instead of sending a letter of inquiry.

Stop trying to justify IRS intimidation antics. You know as well as I do that was all it was.

Yeah that's really stupid move whomever called that in. I'm betting the agents even thought it was stupid. I'd be willing to make a good bet that Biden himself had nothing to do with this. Probably some dipshit lackey somewhere in his administration. Should be investigated for sure.
Funny how quickly you changed your tune.

I didn't change shit, douchebag. I was mistaken on the details. I honestly didn't know. I'm sorry your incapable of being impartial and not a hack.
It's "you're". You were 'mistaken' and I'm the douchebag?

Triggered much?

Reactions: Crayfish57
I paid more taxes than Trump did in 2016, 2017, and 2018- meanwhile Trump crowed again and again how it was the “greatest economy”. Yet we racked up 7 trillion debt in Trump’s tenure- his day of death will become a national holiday I think. Trump is obese now, it’s evident the stress of accountability is causing some stress eating. I don’t think the STD bloat makes age 80 and I am ready to party!

I’ve seen some shit posts in my 20+ years on forums, but this is probably Top 5.

I paid more taxes than Trump did in 2016, 2017, and 2018- meanwhile Trump crowed again and again how it was the “greatest economy”. Yet we racked up 7 trillion debt in Trump’s tenure- his day of death will become a national holiday I think. Trump is obese now, it’s evident the stress of accountability is causing some stress eating. I don’t think the STD bloat makes age 80 and I am ready to party!
JFC do you and @zeke4ahs hang out to make up lies to post? The FBI probablly should be looking into you to be honest posting shit like this.

JFC do you and @zeke4ahs hang out to make up lies to post? The FBI probablly should be looking into you to be honest posting shit like this.
Crayfish I hope you hold no IU degree- you strike me as quite thick. Sorry you put full faith in a failed clown who cares not one iota about you

• Haha
I’ve seen some shit posts in my 20+ years on forums, but this is probably Top 5.
Another who cannot accept even fact. Did you not see Trump lately or see his tax returns? You are an ostrich with your head buried in the sand.

I cannot imagine how many times per day you think about Trump. You’ve literally let an orange man ruin your life.

Think about that.
Try to be understanding. If he didn't have an outlet for his insanity, he might be out shooting up schools.

Crayfish I hope you hold no IU degree- you strike me as quite thick. Sorry you put full faith in a failed clown who cares not one iota about you
Put your horn back in its case and shut up. You are just a full on idiot. I'm sure Joe Biden prays for you every night!

• Haha
Reactions: Indyhorn and DANC
Put your horn back in its case and shut up. You are just a full on idiot. I'm sure Joe Biden prays for you every night!
Yes, Joe prays for every American because he cares. Unlike that heartless Donald Trump who doesn't care for you, despite the fact there was no inflation, interest rates were low, we weren't fueling a war machine, and minority employment was at an all-time high.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT