ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and the United States Supreme Court

How will SCOTUS rule on the Trump ballot eligibility issue and whether he's immune from prosecution?

• Trump will win on the eligibility issue but lose on the immunity question (he can be prosecuted)

• Trump will lose on the eligibility issue but prevail on the immunity question (can't be prosecuted)

• Trump will win both cases

• Trump will lose both cases

Results are only viewable after voting.
When did “alternative slates” which have been a thing since forever start to get called “fake slates”.

The 17th amendment was a heresy I swear. Made people think that this country is somehow or should be a pure democracy.

State governments should nominate who they would like for president.
This has never been "a thing":

"Defendant [Trump] and co-conspirators organized fraudulent slates of electors in seven targeted states ... attempting to mimic the procedures that the legitimate electors were supposed to follow under the Constitution and other federal and state laws. This included causing the fraudulent electors to meet on the day appointed by federal law on which legitimate electors were to gather and cast their votes; cast fraudulent votes for the Defendant; and sign certificates falsely representing that they were legitimate electors. Some fraudulent electors were tricked into participating based on the understanding that their votes would be used only if the Defendant succeeded in outcome-determinative lawsuits within their state, which the Defendant never did. The Defendant and co-conspirators then caused these fraudulent electors to transmit their false certificates to the Vice President and other government officials to be counted at the certification proceeding on January 6."

Reactions: Bill4411
You'd be immune for things in line with your duties as the POTUS like seeing our legally passed election laws and our Constitution are upheld. It's the actual job of the executive branch to enforce the laws after all.

Assassinating your opponent would obviously not be in furtherance of your official duties as President.
No. A President has no duties that run contrary to the Constitution and, specifically, no duties to supervise state run elections.

Trump telling Georgia to find 10,000 more votes for Trump is contrary to the U.S. Constitutional provision ms authorizing the states to determine the manner of their own elections.

Trump plotting with his colleagues to arrange the submission of fake documents certifying fake votes from fake electors and hounding VP Mike Pence to disregard the real documents certifying the real votes from the real electors is contrary to the U.S. Constitutional provisions describing the duries of the Vice President and the Electoral College.

I could go on and on and on, but you would just ignore and ignore and ignore.

upremes won't let the CO ruling stand, no matter how sound it might be. It's just a bridge too far.
It’s not sound and it’s not a bridge too far. The Colorado decision is just wrong procedurally and substantively.

If they rule Presidents have total immunity, then what’s to keep the current, or any future presidents from ordering the assassination of their political opponent? There will always be someone loyal enough to a president to do it. What’s to keep them from committing any crime possible? Extreme example, I know, but something to consider. Unless they set specific parameters.
There is no such thing as total immunity. POTUS can be impeached and then prosecuted. Absolute immunity is a thing, and could survive impeachment, but that is highly situational.

Reactions: BradStevens
You'd be immune for things in line with your duties as the POTUS like seeing our legally passed election laws and our Constitution are upheld. It's the actual job of the executive branch to enforce the laws after all.
Tell Biden that. He Should be thrown out of office for his refusal to enforce and disregard of border security and immigration law. So much for democracy.

And where is the proof that biden has anything to do with Trump's legal issues catching up with him?

Evidence is not a conservative strongpoint it seems.
On another note Texas should throw Biden off Texas ballot for failing to protect Texans and Americans from the border invasion.

Even better all republican states should throw Biden off the ballot for “aiding and abetting our enemies”. Giving Iran billions.

Slippery slope the dems are going down with their TDS. 😂

On another note Texas should throw Biden off Texas ballot for failing to protect Texans and Americans from the border invasion.

Even better all republican states should throw Biden off the ballot for “aiding and abetting our enemies”. Giving Iran billions.

Because you not liking the policy of a president is exactly the same as instigating an insurrection.

Clueless.

Look at the insurrection bullshit dems using and see what it says about aiding and abetting the enemy.

dems aren't aiding Trump.

dems didn't salute a NK general or believe putin over US intelligence.

Quit acting like being in bed with the enemy is a dealbreaker. Trump was the definition of sleeping with the enemy.

• Haha
Reactions: Bill4411 and td75
dems aren't aiding Trump.

dems didn't salute a NK general or believe putin over US intelligence.

Quit acting like being in bed with the enemy is a dealbreaker. Trump was the definition of sleeping with the enemy.
Do you have ability to respond without laughing emoji?

• Haha
Reactions: ButHerEmails
Biden incites it with his rhetoric. According to the Congressional J6 select committee, that’s an airtight case.

If Mr Rogers had identified as a dem, you would even claim he incites you.

It would turn into "how dare he want to be my neighbor...stalker"

• Haha
Reactions: stollcpa
Don’t trust power trip? Please explain? I’ve never touched your posts nor 99.9% of the posts on the board.
Your little power trip and your little posts. Don’t know and don’t care if you delete (or have deleted) any of my posts. So, you haven’t posted “I’ll ban people” for this or that? I made an obvious joke about our local “pastor” and you come say “if he does it again his ass is gone”. Yes, your little power trip in your little posts. You can delete whatever you want, then safely assume I don’t give a shit.

Your highness, may I have your permission to put your little posts on ignore, or will it offend you too deeply?

I don’t mind reading the idiocy from posters on your side, but little men on little power trips are just boring.

Your little power trip and your little posts. Don’t know and don’t care if you delete (or have deleted) any of my posts. So, you haven’t posted “I’ll ban people” for this or that? I made an obvious joke about our local “pastor” and you come say “if he does it again his ass is gone”. Yes, your little power trip in your little posts. You can delete whatever you want, then safely assume I don’t give a shit.

Your highness, may I have your permission to put your little posts on ignore, or will it offend you too deeply?

I don’t mind reading the idiocy from posters on your side, but little men on little power trips are just boring.
can't put mods on ignore.

I’d tear him up.
o-ok-62340ab844c0b0e5caeaf227ca6763b9-meme.jpeg

I guess you have an opinion. As @zeke4ahs would say “bless your heart”. I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Supremes won't let the CO ruling stand, no matter how sound it might be. It's just a bridge too far.

The immunity question shouldn't even be taken up, but if they do he'll lose. If he doesn't, the the Court will have shown its true colors.
Perhaps you & the Trailer Park Tribunal should see what the ruling & reaons are before proclaiming them to be showing any colors…

Reactions: Spartans9312

@UncleMark - you gonna tell him or should I?

Reactions: Spartans9312

If alleged failure to act is all it takes, you've just made the case against Trump.

Trump not only encouraged his mob to go to the Capitol and "fight like hell" during the exact monent Congress was to certify the electoral votes. Trump also sat on his ass doing nothing for hours after seeing the riots and insurrection take place then topped it off by telling the Proud Boys to "stand down and stand by."

Thanks for helping get rid of Trump.

Biden incites it with his rhetoric. According to the Congressional J6 select committee, that’s an airtight case.

Incites what? incites people to go after others that break the law? Find proof that biden actually ordered the investigation into Trump or STFU.

Proof is something republicans don't really seem to care about. Evidence? Who needs evidence when you just know. You got the feelz.

"Defendant [Trump] and co-conspirators organized fraudulent slates of electors in seven targeted states ... attempting to mimic the procedures that the legitimate electors were supposed to follow under the Constitution and other federal and state laws. This included causing the fraudulent electors to meet on the day appointed by federal law on which legitimate electors were to gather and cast their votes; cast fraudulent votes for the Defendant; and sign certificates falsely representing that they were legitimate electors. Some fraudulent electors were tricked into participating based on the understanding that their votes would be used only if the Defendant succeeded in outcome-determinative lawsuits within their state, which the Defendant never did. The Defendant and co-conspirators then caused these fraudulent electors to transmit their false certificates to the Vice President and other government officials to be counted at the certification proceeding on January 6."

Ha ha ha ha!!!
https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog
https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog
@Techno_Fog
·
37m

The Supreme Court has denied Special Counsel Smith's request for an expedited review of the case against Trump.There won't be a trial in DC before the 2024 election. No mistake - this is a big loss for the Special Counsel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT