ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Jackson Davis

IUCharlie5

Redshirt
Jul 31, 2017
On verge of 5 Star status according to new article on 247sports and IU is in on his crystal ball at 100% of predictions. This kid is Indiana through and through. Seems to love IU and wants to play here. Also I tweet about him coming to IU every once in a while and he interacts with every tweet whether it is a comment or a like.... we need to recruit him even harder now because everyone is going to come knocking. Would be a HUGE get.

On verge of 5 Star status according to new article on 247sports and IU is in on his crystal ball at 100% of predictions. This kid is Indiana through and through. Seems to love IU and wants to play here. Also I tweet about him coming to IU every once in a while and he interacts with every tweet whether it is a comment or a like.... we need to recruit him even harder now because everyone is going to come knocking. Would be a HUGE get.
Kinda creepy to tweet a 16 year old kid. I know some of his family. We are ina very very good position. Just let it play out. Great kid..

We are in a good position but the kid is blowing up and the big boys will start sniffing around soon. Izzo is on him pretty hard already. IU’s close proximity to Center Grove should work in our favor. He is basically in our backyard and practically lived on campus this summer.

Please stop tweeting the kids, roy.

He is definitely a high level forward whether 4 or 5 stars doesn't much matter. Let's hope it works out.

I am very glad to see Miller's focus on in state talent. The pool has always been deep. It never made much sense to look primarily elsewhere.

He's a monster get and is the absolute perfect player defensively for what Archie wants to do.

To me he's more important than Romeo. If we miss on him it's going to sting a little.

I believe Davis and that class of 2019 is the class that catapults us into perennial top 10 status as our 2018 class will be sophomores.

The year 3 of the process.

He's a monster get and is the absolute perfect player defensively for what Archie wants to do.

To me he's more important than Romeo. If we miss on him it's going to sting a little.

I believe Davis and that class of 2019 is the class that catapults us into perennial top 10 status as our 2018 class will be sophomores.

The year 3 of the process.

It will sting A LOT. The kid is in our backyard and has interacted with the coaching staff extensively. To let some other program sweep in and take him would be a giant kick in the balls and extremely humbling. Thirty years ago a kid like Trayce would have been an IU lock.

After what Bossi said about us fading with Romeo we NEED to land this kid. Maybe locking the state down will begin in the 19 class

Reactions: IUgradman
After what Bossi said about us fading with Romeo we NEED to land this kid. Maybe locking the state down will begin in the 19 class

I wonder if he and the kid from Ft Wayne (Brooks?) will play together or not? I tend to think not because 1) we already do have alot of forwards, and 2) they are both highly ranked, but it seems at least in the past we were in great shape with both. So, would you hold out for TJD, go hard after Brooks, or take the first to commit? If I was CAM I think at this point I might prefer TJD, but I'd take the first to commit and approach both that way. A bird in the hand....

is not as good as a bush in the hand, but still really good!

I wonder if he and the kid from Ft Wayne (Brooks?) will play together or not? I tend to think not because 1) we already do have alot of forwards, and 2) they are both highly ranked, but it seems at least in the past we were in great shape with both. So, would you hold out for TJD, go hard after Brooks, or take the first to commit? If I was CAM I think at this point I might prefer TJD, but I'd take the first to commit and approach both that way. A bird in the hand....

You go hard after both and take both. TJD is a one and done, Brooks is not.

You also have Watford and Hurt in that 2019 class. I bet we sign 4

Take both...brooks is more like Justin smith and Trayce is a 5 man

You go hard after both and take both. TJD is a one and done, Brooks is not.

You also have Watford and Hurt in that 2019 class. I bet we sign 4
How many spots would we have for 2019 assuming we get somebody like Romeo for 2018 and he's one and done and nobody else transfers.

I am not convinced Bossi knows anything of substance. The Langford family has kept everything tight lipped.

If he is getting info, I seriously doubt it is from Romeo or his parents and they are the only ones that really know anything.

Reactions: mazz
That’s the one...but my guess he is right more than he is wrong. Let’s hope he is wrong..losing Romeo would be a big blow.

First, losing Romeo is not a "big blow". Unless you are one of those drama queen kinda person.

IU goes from top 10 to top 20 without Romeo next year.

Losing TJD, Brooks, Watford, and/or Hurt would be a big blow.

First, losing Romeo is not a "big blow". Unless you are one of those drama queen kinda person.

Agreed. If Archie strikes out in 2019 that would be a problem and a big blow.

We've had several long threads on here where people were arguing the pros of going to IU or Vandy. In doing so, they attempted to guess what the priorities for Garland, Romeo, and their families are. Key word is guess. Bossi is doing the same thing and it would appear he's thinking that Romeo's highest priority is to play with another high level recruit he's already friends with. Is that true? It's certainly possible but only Romeo and his family know for sure. Three are good arguments to be made for each of the three and we won't find out for sure until he announces in the spring.

If CAM whiffs on all those and Romeo he needs to be winning a lot with the recruits he is able to get otherwise his tenure at IU should be short. I don't think that'll be the case, though, since I think he'll land some top recruits and win a lot.

Kinda creepy to tweet a 16 year old kid. I know some of his family. We are ina very very good position. Just let it play out. Great kid..
It's OK. He called himself, "Manti Te'o," so everybody knew it was legit.

Relax. The light switch would be off, if it isn't on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT