ADVERTISEMENT

Tough to say it, but have to tip hat to Purdue

That would be the 2nd best thing.

The first would be to get an administration, from BoT to President to AD to Coach that understand how to run a high-functioning organization rather than a political organization.
I would agree with you there. People with ties to IU in leadership positions are no good if they aren't competent, and we shouldn't be supporting nepotism over performance.

Reactions: Hoosier in Mad Town
That would be the 2nd best thing.

The first would be to get an administration, from BoT to President to AD to Coach that understand how to run a high-functioning organization rather than a political organization.
"political organization"......Yes...I'd say inside the bullseye.

Another straw man here.

Of course you can talk about whatever you want. For now, we still have a 1st amendment.

And you did misrepresent their position.
I would disagree. The op was talking about last night's game, at least in part. If you want to split hairs, that's your business

I get it. Easy to poke fun. But not a good look when IU has been irrelevant for the past 30 years. Purdue has won a Maui invite. IU has not. They have won two consecutive B1G titles. They have been ranked #1 in the country 3 seasons in a row. No B1G team has EVER done that. Only thing missing is the finish with a FF / nat’l title. I cannot envision anything other than at least a trip to FF this season.
I think you’re trolling. What IU is or does right now has nothing to with PU and vice versa. **** them. I’d be all for them making the elite eight and losing in double overtime. If you want to give them a lifetime achievement award for eternal failure that’s your prerogative but I’m not going to participate. The notion in sports that the journey is more important than the destination is bullshit. People remember the champions and don’t give a flying **** who won their conference title, conference tournament, pre-conference tournament, or how many seasons you were ranked number one. If you feel that you should give them flowers for that I have to question your motivation.

Purdue should just be given the championship. They beat mighty Grambling pretty much right on the spread. Like beating the 95 Bulls. Hopefully they at least get to the final 4 because anything less is a huge huge failure. They’ve been #1 off and on for 2 years

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
I'll repeat myself.....because it bears repeating: The best thing that could happen to IU basketball is for Purdue to win a Natty. IU lacks the necessary motivation to fix the basketball program....maybe that would do it. Nothing brings the best out of Duke like UNC....and vice versa. They are always in the conversation....and get the pick of the litter in recruiting, year after year. IU has this archaic view that we are the patriarch of Indiana basketball. I want Purdue to win it all for Purdue.....and for IU.
So you think it takes a national title for Purdue to get IU’s attention? That seems odd. If three years of #1 ranking, multiple Big Ten Championships and way more victories over us than we them has yet to stir the mindset of those in control, the IU administration is brain dead and a PU natty come their way won’t matter. It will only give the Purdue a greater one-up in recruiting over us than they already have. The Boiler gravy train is steaming downhill and gaining momentum (mass X velocity for you physics nerds). Sadly, Bloomington has become the pigsty of Purdue’s creation and the muck is about to get deeper.

Thankfully, there are a few remaining old timers left trying to keep the rivalry going. “I want Purdue to win it all…for Purdue and for IU”…so THIS is what we’ve become? It makes me wanna wipe my ass with a Tippecanoe Co corn cob just to show I still bleed red!

POTFB, yesterday, today and for a thousand tomorrows when we’ll all have passed away.

Purdue should just be given the championship. They beat mighty Grambling pretty much right on the spread. Like beating the 95 Bulls. Hopefully they at least get to the final 4 because anything less is a huge huge failure. They’ve been #1 off and on for 2 years
They are good but I have tenn beating them. I don't think they are a final four team. I think. Utah state can play them tough tomorrow also

Seeing the long lines outside of the arena and a place packed with Purdue fans last night really made me reflect and as much as I hate to admit it, truly appreciate, respect and ultimately, feel good for them. They have a hell of a team. They have a 2X nat’l player of the year and have a dream draw to get to the FF with the first 4 games all going through Indy. Good for them and nice to see a program with a stable coach who has done things right and built a program their way and achieving great success. Tip of the hat to Painter and their team. I can honestly say I do hope they win it all. There is no other team I care for to win it and if anyone will have earned it, it’s Purdue. This is coming from someone who despises them for the better part of my 47 years, but just have to respect it. Hoping one day IU can return to what Purdue has become.
Who is this and what have you done with aajohn2000?

I almost hope they do win it all so they'll lose their red-headed step child mentality.

Nah, who am I kidding......

Reactions: aajohn2000
I think you’re trolling. What IU is or does right now has nothing to with PU and vice versa. **** them. I’d be all for them making the elite eight and losing in double overtime. If you want to give them a lifetime achievement award for eternal failure that’s your prerogative but I’m not going to participate. The notion in sports that the journey is more important than the destination is bullshit. People remember the champions and don’t give a flying **** who won their conference title, conference tournament, pre-conference tournament, or how many seasons you were ranked number one. If you feel that you should give them flowers for that I have to question your motivation.
Not trolling, but certainly walking that line. Look, I hope they lose. But if they win, so be it. The consolation prize is the B1G gets the schtick off its back and the B1G would win the football and basketball national titles in the same year. Good for the conference which by proxy is good for IU. But I have had my morning coffee, did a 5K run today and after my fasting ended at noon, got some food in me. Thinking much clearer now. **ck Purdue and hot damn I hope they lose and don’t even make the FF.

• Haha
Reactions: Unsalted and DANC
Have you been around Purdue fans? They’re a weird bunch and almost all of them dislike IU.

Yea their team is doing well, no idea why that makes them likeable.

But, it’s a free country in terms of who you like.
I've grown up in Purdue country and am very familiar with PU fans. "Weird" is putting it mildly. They have a massive inferiority complex and can't enjoy their own success because they'll never - in their lifetimes - achieve the national success IU has in the past.

It's the cause of their obsession with IU, even when they're playing other teams.

I know, right? I have lost it.
Don't worry - it'll pass. Once some PU fans starts spouting off, you'll have your fill of it and hope they choke, per normal.

I never hear from my wife's cousin until they beat IU. Never heard from him last year, of course. Getting his text reminds me why I can't stand them.

I've grown up in Purdue country and am very familiar with PU fans. "Weird" is putting it mildly. They have a massive inferiority complex and can't enjoy their own success because they'll never - in their lifetimes - achieve the national success IU has in the past.

It's the cause of their obsession with IU, even when they're playing other teams.

Yea, grow up and live in a PU area and I think it gives you a WHOLE different perspective!

I left my old company 18 months ago. While at the previous company, I had a guy who was a Purdue grad. Each time IU and PU would play, he’d reach out. And most of the time, PU had beat our ass again. MY usual response would be “hang the banner. Congrats, you won your nat’l championship”. And that was about it. We never hung out nor even worked in the same departments, but paths would cross every once in awhile due to large cross functional team meetings. And this, stayed connected in that way.

About a month ago or 17 months after leaving the company and my association with him, he finds me on LinkedIn to take a jab following the IU loss to Nebraska. We are not even connected, he sent me an invite to connect and attached a note to it about “Not believing IU cannot recruit shooters”. The obsession with IU is real. I do believe it’s an inferiority complex. Whatever it is, it falls into the weird / borderline creepy category. They have issues.

Don't worry - it'll pass. Once some PU fans starts spouting off, you'll have your fill of it and hope they choke, per normal.

I never hear from my wife's cousin until they beat IU. Never heard from him last year, of course. Getting his text reminds me why I can't stand them.
I live in NC but do run into PU alumni from time to time. Their disdain for IU is like a disease. It’s an obsession.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Isn't Woody 3-3 against PU? Not saying that will continue and I hope Woody leaves, but it ain't exactly hard to reach their level. Would you rather have Bob Knight or Gene Keady?

Edey is just big. He will get exposed in the NBA and won't stick. You can't just play 5 feet from the basket in the NBA.
I have lurked here for a while. I recall your posts that said Edey would never sniff the NBA and that he would never be drafted. He appears in the lottery in many mock drafts at this time. It seems that those posts of yours have been incorrect based on this post. Any other predictions that you would like to modify now?

I have lurked here for a while. I recall your posts that said Edey would never sniff the NBA and that he would never be drafted. He appears in the lottery in many mock drafts at this time. It seems that those posts of yours have been incorrect based on this post. Any other predictions that you would like to modify now?
Lottery?!? LOL. Ware is higher than Edey in every one I've seen. I see him as a second round pick. The NBA is not for slow bigs that play 5 ft from the basket: good luck with that. They have defensive 3 seconds: Edey will actually have to guard somebody.

Lottery?!? LOL. Ware is higher than Edey in every one I've seen. I see him as a second round pick. The NBA is not for slow bigs that play 5 ft from the basket: good luck with that. They have defensive 3 seconds: Edey will actually have to guard somebody.
I barely watch Edey because I don’t care about PU, but I am curious how he manages in an NBA or G League game. He’s going to be a literal glacier out there on D.

Edey is a great college player.

He won’t get drafted in the first round.

He likely plays fewer than 2 season in the NbA as an end of bench player. He cannot defend at the next level. He’s a poor man’s Boban

Me either. But that's not what I am saying. They have the mojo. They are the program of the state. While IU has had flashes, Purdue is the model of consistency and have had a lot of success. It's do or die this year as I do not think they will ever have a better chance or draw than this season. Edey is a beast and will not see another like him for a very long time, if ever.
It now or never for them to trail us by only four.

Reactions: aajohn2000
I barely watch Edey because I don’t care about PU, but I am curious how he manages in an NBA or G League game. He’s going to be a literal glacier out there on D.
His footwork under the rim has improved dramatically which I think allows him to survive in the G league for a a season or three then off the Eastern Europe. Once he stops getting the ridiculous whistle he gets in college it will be a lot tougher for him

I work with a ton of PU fans. They don’t have an inferiority complex at all. They view it as a rivalry that they dominate. Most don’t remember IU being good because they are in their 30’s and early 40’s.

I work with a ton of PU fans. They don’t have an inferiority complex at all. They view it as a rivalry that they dominate. Most don’t remember IU being good because they are in their 30’s and early 40’s.
Woody is 3-3 against PU. Archie was awful. Crean didn't do great against PU. Other than that, I would disagree. IU needs to get their s*** together, no doubt. Our pain is self chosen.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold
His footwork under the rim has improved dramatically which I think allows him to survive in the G league for a a season or three then off the Eastern Europe. Once he stops getting the ridiculous whistle he gets in college it will be a lot tougher for him
He came back to the minor leagues for a reason instead of moving up with the big boys.

• Haha
Reactions: Monk1014
Seeing the long lines outside of the arena and a place packed with Purdue fans last night really made me reflect and as much as I hate to admit it, truly appreciate, respect and ultimately, feel good for them. They have a hell of a team. They have a 2X nat’l player of the year and have a dream draw to get to the FF with the first 4 games all going through Indy. Good for them and nice to see a program with a stable coach who has done things right and built a program their way and achieving great success. Tip of the hat to Painter and their team. I can honestly say I do hope they win it all. There is no other team I care for to win it and if anyone will have earned it, it’s Purdue. This is coming from someone who despises them for the better part of my 47 years, but just have to respect it. Hoping one day IU can return to what Purdue has become.
Wait they get to play the next two games in Indy too? How does that happen?

Still blows my mind we can't make a good hire in the last 23 years.

Reactions: z_one
Jimbo's ignorance is only exceeded by his hate for all things Purdue. His Edey voodoo doll has a 1000 pins in it. Kinda' fun watching him wallow in his hate. LOL

I left my old company 18 months ago. While at the previous company, I had a guy who was a Purdue grad. Each time IU and PU would play, he’d reach out. And most of the time, PU had beat our ass again. MY usual response would be “hang the banner. Congrats, you won your nat’l championship”. And that was about it. We never hung out nor even worked in the same departments, but paths would cross every once in awhile due to large cross functional team meetings. And this, stayed connected in that way.

About a month ago or 17 months after leaving the company and my association with him, he finds me on LinkedIn to take a jab following the IU loss to Nebraska. We are not even connected, he sent me an invite to connect and attached a note to it about “Not believing IU cannot recruit shooters”. The obsession with IU is real. I do believe it’s an inferiority complex. Whatever it is, it falls into the weird / borderline creepy category. They have issues.
Their insecurities are front and center. Just watch them on these boards

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT