ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Petty

Little story my ex-gf told me about George Harrison when she was given the task of interviewing George in London many years ago. It was her first big interview as a journo.

She was almost frozen in fear, excitement and nerves all the same time, when she first got there. (''I am sitting across one of feckin' Beatles'' sort of feeling')

George could clearly see it in her. Young reporter and all.

Then George tried to calm her down with some small chat but it didnt really work. Then he started the interview himself.

He said; if I was a young reporter interviewing George Harrison, the first question I would ask him would be....
Then I would answer blah blah blah...

Then I would also ask George......

She basically scribbled the entire 'interview' down and had maybe one or two questions towards the end, on her own. But George basically 'wrote' the whole interview for her.

She said he was one of the most gracious people you will ever meet. Was heartbroken when we heard he had died.
No airs about him.... unlike Elizabeth Taylor...

Last edited:
Little story my ex-gf told me about George Harrison when she was given the task of interviewing George in London many years ago. It was her first big interview as a journo.

She was almost frozen in fear, excitement and nervous when she first got there. ('I am sitting across one of feckin' Beatles sort of feeling')

George could clearly see it in her. Young reporter and all.

Then George tried to calm her down with some small chat but it didnt really work. Then he started the interview himself.

He said; if I was a young reporter interview George Harrison, the first question I would ask him would be....
Then I would answer blah blah blah...

Then I would also ask George......

She basically scribbled the entire 'interview' down and had maybe one or two questions towards the end, on her own. But George basically 'wrote' the whole interview for her.

She said he was one of the most gracious people you will ever meet. Was heartbroken when we heard he had died.
No airs about him.... unlike Elizabeth Taylor...
Too cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT