ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone taking the Lily drug Mounjaro?

I recently called it the HPER, and I know that's what it is, but many people replied to my post calling it the HYPER so I caved in. We did pronounce it that way, for some reason, in the late 80s.

Reactions: larsIU
A few years back I lost a lot of weight and went from obese and prediabetic to just a bit overweight, with perfectly normal blood sugar and normal lipids.

I do have arthritic knees, though. Those weekends at the HYPER may have caught up to me. My doctor wants me to lose more weight to help the knees and has suggested Ozempic or Mounjaro, not to lower blood sugar, but to decrease appetite.

These drugs are in a class called GLP1 agonists that basically slow down stomach emptying, so that after you eat you feel fuller much longer. If you typically eat a lot of carbs, it can help with diabetes or prediabetes. But it also helps with appetite, especially evening eating. You know, grab the bag of chips while you watch the IU game...

I haven't tried it yet. I'm not too keen on the idea of an injection, even though I guess it is a painless tiny needle into the belly. Only once a week, even.
It’s a twincretin…also a GIP agonist

I just started it on Friday. My doctor believes this will be a real game changerr. Says it’s the most affective drug on the market since the Statins. Im not that overweight and I was pre diabetic at one time but was able to lower my A1C to 5.4. Mostly im hoping it will cure me of my sleep apnea and help eliminate the belly fat and extra fat around my neck.

By Saturday night I was already feeling like i couldn’t eat as much. In fact I felt bloated all weekend. I understand there are some
Support groups which will help me figure out best practices. Basically my doctor told me I can’t drink or eat desserts while on this. Im gonna need more info than that. I work out hard so I don’t want to lose muscle mass. Curious if anyone else here is on this.

As of now it’s only been approved for diabetes but My doctor says it’s being fast tracked for weight loss and sleep apnea.
can you go from pre diabetic to normal ?

@Eppy99 : how goes it?
Sorry, haven’t been in here much. Tomorrow will be the beginning of month two and moving from 2.5mg to 5mg injections. I’ve dropped 10 lbs so far. For those who are extremely obese I’m sure they those more. I’m not and have quite a bit of muscle so I’m pleased with only losing 10. I will also be doing a pinch test with my trainer to measure my total body fat percent. I’m less interested in my BMI like many doctors seem to care about. I don’t need to be compared to a chart. I work out a lot so I naturally have more muscle.

Sorry, haven’t been in here much. Tomorrow will be the beginning of month two and moving from 2.5mg to 5mg injections. I’ve dropped 10 lbs so far. For those who are extremely obese I’m sure they those more. I’m not and have quite a bit of muscle so I’m pleased with only losing 10. I will also be doing a pinch test with my trainer to measure my total body fat percent. I’m less interested in my BMI like many doctors seem to care about. I don’t need to be compared to a chart. I work out a lot so I naturally have more muscle.
10# eh, what is your height and your previous weight (or current, we can do the math.. maybe).
Feeling any different? Any positive to report? Negatives? Have you grown an extra testicle (only since I don't how many you had to start with)?

10# eh, what is your height and your previous weight (or current, we can do the math.. maybe).
Feeling any different? Any positive to report? Negatives? Have you grown an extra testicle (only since I don't how many you had to start with)?
So I’m 5’8 and started at 195. Interesting my wife mentioned she thinks my belly looks smaller. Usually when I lose some weight it seems to come from my face first. My wife who is a physician thinks maybe the medicine is reacting to the belly fat differently than normal weight loss methods. I don’t know, but im def hitting numbers that I haven’t reached in awhile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT