ADVERTISEMENT

Tit for Tat

I wanted the committee to be bipartisan and about getting to the truth. I don’t care that a couple of the Republicans may have acted like fools, at least the fools would have participated.
Then you are are a fool. The J/6 committee had no chance at ever getting to the truth, because they’re a bunch of incompetent legislators.

We have actual law enforcement agencies investigating the criminality from that day, same as we do Hunter Biden.

I have no faith in Kevin McCarthy and the gang blowing the lid off of some massive Biden quid pro quo because the paper trail probably isn’t there.

Just like the paper trail or even verbal trail isn’t there on Trump planning J/6.

They would have made some noise and looked like fools, but the work of the committee would have gone on mostly the same. It would have killed the partisan committee narrative. Yes, I think it was a big mistake.
Had Jordan or Banks (for example) been on the Committee it's likely that several folks who gave very damning testimony would not have appeared. One of the keys to getting the testimony of former Trumpers, esp females like Hutchinson and Grisham was the absence of Trump spies in the secret proceedings.

As it was the mere fact that they were known to be appearing led to varying degrees of attempts to threaten or silence them. Hutchinson had to ditch her Trump appointed lawyer, and then hire someone else to represent her prior to agreeing to go under oath and give sworn testimony. Even then prior to her public appearance, people within Trump's orbit made a number of attempts to engage in witness intimidation and try to scare her into not appearing...

It’s supposed to be about getting to the truth about January 6. Saying it’s about moving the needle against Trump is exactly what Trumpsters claim it’s about.
I don't think the two concepts are mutually exclusive. It was obvious from the start that Trump was involved, either peripherally or more directly. The choice of Jan 6 for the "symbolic" protest, the repeated calls for his warriors to come to DC, the whole "stolen election" schtick which relied on convincing stupid, but very gullible people that the Big Lie was real.

I don't know if Trump is Constitutionally ignorant to the point where he actually believed his machinations would succeed, or if it was just a giant ego trip. But he was happy with events of Jan 6 and loved seeing his cultists in action...

If he had any regard for the welfare of the nation as a whole, or even the safety of members of the government or even his own deluded followers, he'd have cancelled the proposed rally weeks before Jan 6 when troubling factors began to emerge...The more all of those factors are exposed, the better...

Then you are are a fool. The J/6 committee had no chance at ever getting to the truth, because they’re a bunch of incompetent legislators.

We have actual law enforcement agencies investigating the criminality from that day, same as we do Hunter Biden.

I have no faith in Kevin McCarthy and the gang blowing the lid off of some massive Biden quid pro quo because the paper trail probably isn’t there.

Just like the paper trail or even verbal trail isn’t there on Trump planning J/6.
Don’t start a post to me by calling me a fool if you want a serious response. Disrespectful bull shit like that gets disrespect in return. F**k off.

• Haha
Reactions: T.M.P. and Lucy01
Had Jordan or Banks (for example) been on the Committee it's likely that several folks who gave very damning testimony would not have appeared. One of the keys to getting the testimony of former Trumpers, esp females like Hutchinson and Grisham was the absence of Trump spies in the secret proceedings.

As it was the mere fact that they were known to be appearing led to varying degrees of attempts to threaten or silence them. Hutchinson had to ditch her Trump appointed lawyer, and then hire someone else to represent her prior to agreeing to go under oath and give sworn testimony. Even then prior to her public appearance, people within Trump's orbit made a number of attempts to engage in witness intimidation and try to scare her into not appearing...
That’s a theory I hadn’t heard before. I don’t buy it. HRC testified before the Benghazi committee. I see no reason to believe witnesses wouldn’t do the same for this one.

John Prine's "Caravan of Fools" should be the theme song for this post. Congress spends hours their time doing investigations that lead absolutely nowhere. It an endless cycle, it's an endless ruse. By this time, everyone should have realized they have no goal of accomplishing anything. It's their way of trying to score political points and avoiding doing real work....running the country and making tough decisions. A total waste of time.

Last edited:
John Prine's "Caravan of Fools" should be the theme song for this post. Congress spends hours their time doing investigations that lead absolutely nowhere. It an endless cycle, it's an endless ruse. By this time, everyone should have realized they have no goal of accomplishing anything. It's their way of trying to score political points and avoiding doing real work....running the country and making tough decisions. A total waste of time.
I agree. The United States Congress has become a substantially worthless entity. It can’t legislate about difficult issues and it can’t conduct decent and informative hearings. It legislates in a brute-force cram-down fashion. There is little to no effort to compromise with the minority. In every evenly split district the “work with the other side” promise is always made and it’s always BS. Whatever the majority leadership wants, it gets, otherwise non-compliant members lose funding and important committee assignments.

Hearings are a joke. J6 has shown us that congress, the media, nor most of the public gives a rats ass about separation of powers when politics and messaging are so important. The rotating questions format from members is only about soundbites and video clips. Witnesses are choreographed and scripted. The member performance when they have important and accomplished private sector people in the witness chair is often laugh out loud hilarious.

The biggest threat to our Democratic Republic is not Trump, DeSanta’s , or any other individual. It’s congress.

How else can congress justify its existence? Legislative branch ceded most of its power/duties to the executive branch years ago.

Except as someone who was a victim of covid denialism and negligence on the part of the Governor of TN, Prine would undoubtedly be in favor of hearings into Jan 6, and it's ties to conspiracy theories and the intertwining of Big Lie advocates and anti-vax elements in the grand scheme of things...

Neil Young was so horrified by the covid denialism Rogan propped up on his show, that he took his music off of spotify in protest. Are you going to try and claim that Neil would ever consider Jan 6 rioters as moral equivalents of the victims at Kent State who are the subject of Ohio?

Except as someone who was a victim of covid denialism and negligence on the part of the Governor of TN, Prine would undoubtedly be in favor of hearings into Jan 6, and it's ties to conspiracy theories and the intertwining of Big Lie advocates and anti-vax elements in the grand scheme of things...

Neil Young was so horrified by the covid denialism Rogan propped up on his show, that he took his music off of spotify in protest. Are you going to try and claim that Neil would ever consider Jan 6 rioters as moral equivalents of the victims at Kent State who are the subject of Ohio?

Obviously, not everyone realizes it's a ruse.... You are the audience for whom they play. What would they do without you? You are the perfect dupe.

Obviously, not everyone realizes it's a ruse.... You are the audience for whom they play. What would they do without you? You are the perfect dupe.
Too bad the real dupe doesn't realize it. Don't attack cosmic for trying to enlighten you

No one was trying to intimidate witnesses in benghazi investigation. You completely missed his point.
Intimidation happens all the time. The benefits of a standard bipartisan committee outweigh the negatives and the results would be the same, whatever they end up being.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT