ADVERTISEMENT

This is for all you fire the coach guys.

Dude, love is a scorer and would be great for IU. Don’t give me the X % shit. He has been u reliable for his entire time here

Sorry if facts get in your delusional way. Love scores on volume not efficiency. Plus Love won't guard anyone. PU guards went off on AZ with Love as a defender. UNC fans happy to see him go.

Reactions: asindc
Sorry if facts get in your delusional way. Love scores on volume not efficiency. Plus Love won't guard anyone. PU guards went off on AZ with Love as a defender. UNC fans happy to see him go.
Yet he is always on good teams. Hmmn

I was not. I wanted him because we need guards badly. You honestly wouldn’t take him on this roster? You are high if you say no
Ughh yeah sure. I just looked and you said “cancer”. I’m one of the ones who said to take him. Better go back and look. I’m actually 50/50 on him because he’s not efficient…historically. He is so far this year but barely. Long way to go.

Bsmitty said,

Not sure it would be very good.
Love sounds like a cancer and he would be the most needed out of those additions. A scorer from the wing is a must but not sure we want it to be love. Front court would be solid though

Ughh yeah sure. I just looked and you said “cancer”. I’m one of the ones who said to take him. Better go back and look. I’m actually 50/50 on him because he’s not efficient…historically. He is so far this year but barely. Long way to go.
We need scoring. This roster is so out of balance it’s not even funny. Zero shooting, zero guard depth, zero leadership.
Woody honestly has probably 2 years left. What’s the expectation for his career at IU? I don’t see him winning anything this year. Next year will need a huge portal year or it’s same type roster. Go get a proven winner and college and build the program back. We have been down waaaay too long. I hate PU but I would love to have the program Painter has built

I am not a Love fan and was glad we passed at the time. There is little doubt that with X hurt again, Newton out for the year, Galloway’s shooting taking a step back, and Gunn not yet showing any consistency he would be a help right now.

Kinda hard to expect a coach to see all those things happening though. He absolutely would not help our shooting percentage though.

Reactions: kkott
We need scoring. This roster is so out of balance it’s not even funny. Zero shooting, zero guard depth, zero leadership.
Woody honestly has probably 2 years left. What’s the expectation for his career at IU? I don’t see him winning anything this year. Next year will need a huge portal year or it’s same type roster. Go get a proven winner and college and build the program back. We have been down waaaay too long. I hate PU but I would love to have the program Painter has built
You are so full of it. You flip flop and still can’t accept that you didn’t want Love. Now you do because it fits your narrative. It’s easy to use hindsight like many of you do…just because. You want early exits after #1 seeds? You would be the first to want him(painter)gone after what happened the last 3 years. 20 years and no final 4 to show. No way IU keeps him.

You are so full of it. You flip flop and still can’t accept that you didn’t want Love. Now you do because it fits your narrative. It’s easy to use hindsight like many of you do…just because. You want early exits after #1 seeds? You would be the first to want him(painter)gone after what happened the last 3 years. 20 years and no final 4 to show. No way IU keeps him.
Just win dude

My concern is that I don’t see that he is progressing a long term plan to build the program. Player development is close to zero and what is the core of the team next year. If Ware and MM and MR stick around and if they are in a system that promotes their growth as players then no objections but I see no evidence of that. You can’t recruit from scratch each year and hope for a miracle. It will be another 37 years hoping for a miracle.
It appears he will be scrambling this spring just to put a roster together for next year in year four No idea what his plan I'd but it certainly does not seem to involve guards

I am not a Love fan and was glad we passed at the time. There is little doubt that with X hurt again, Newton out for the year, Galloway’s shooting taking a step back, and Gunn not yet showing any consistency he would be a help right now.

Kinda hard to expect a coach to see all those things happening though. He absolutely would not help our shooting percentage though.
Love is interesting. Would he have helped yesterday? Maybe. He’s just not great defensively. He’s marginal at efficiency.

Reactions: ribbont and Beorik
I think his undoing is going to be his lack of experience with the college game and players. I think his personality and experience are just with pros: he says what he wants to happen, and expects the players to be "pros" and just do it, but he's dealing with kids largely. That approach is fine with guys like TJD and JHS, but for most players, they still need to be badgered, pushed and motivated. These last 2 weeks, I believe the difference is that guys like Pearl and Self are lifers and they've learned something in 30 plus years and know how to pull the players strings. I'll bet Pearl made life hell for Auburn in the week after App St and they responded. Yesterday, Self was calm, knew it was a precon game and just felt if he stayed with it, the experience of his guys would let them respond, and they did. If they didn't, it would've been a good learning experience. He was calm and collected in his post game and complimentary of AH and Hoosier Nation. Two different approaches, because they have different teams, but just 2 experienced coaches doing their jobs. Wish Woody'd spent most of the last 30 years at the college level because that experience matters.

d3759233-626b-42c1-a61f-4bb7d8342cd7_text.gif
The lack of experience that hurt IU yesterday was with the players, not the coaches. Starting two true freshman and two sophomores against the #2 ranked veteran-laden team was always going to be a challenge. A close competitive loss under such circumstances is no reason to fire any coach. It is just simply irrational to suggest it.

The lack of experience that hurt IU yesterday was with the players, not the coaches. Starting two true freshman and two sophomores against the #2 ranked veteran-laden team was always going to be a challenge. A close competitive loss under such circumstances is no reason to fire any coach. It is just simply irrational to suggest it.
It’s not because of this game, it’s the lack of winning in these games.

Reactions: bailey777

Lol. Funniest post of the year. You better look at Painter's first 10 years. You would have been calling for his head after year 1 at 9-19.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Lol. Funniest post of the year. You better look at Painter's first 10 years. You would have been calling for his head after year 1 at 9-19.
He went to two sweet 16’s in his first 5 years and won a BIG title. How many have we been to in the last 10 years?

Get your pompoms out. Yay for a loss! Also, it's a culmination of outcomes. Even awful wins. To pretend this is the IU standard shows us enough about your logic.
The only people that seem to enjoy a loss are the Negative Nancies.

And went south after
So painter gets a pass on having the same record in the same span? Painter would’ve been fired at every blueblood or former blueblood after 2017. That 2011-2015 is pretty bad. Don’t act like he would’ve survived that stretch anywhere else.

Listen, I’m not ra ra after this loss but to say he got out coached is insane. That’s my point. Is comprehension a lost art?
I agreed, but equally insane is defending coach after yet another bad loss. Losing in Assembly hall vs. anyone, 3 years into the job is disappointing. Is logical thinking a lost art?

The only people that seem to enjoy a loss are the Negative Nancies.
Enjoy losses? Who's enjoying them? You sound like the old Crean apologist. The only ones enjoying a loss are the ones defending it as a good game. You're backwards.

So painter gets a pass on having the same record in the same span? Painter would’ve been fired at every blueblood or former blueblood after 2017. That 2011-2015 is pretty bad. Don’t act like he would’ve survived that stretch anywhere else.
Painter didn't have a national player of the year finalist on his roster for 2 of those seasons, did he?

Again, the team has the talent.

I agreed, but equally insane is defending coach after yet another bad loss. Losing in Assembly hall vs. anyone, 3 years into the job is disappointing. Is logical thinking a lost art?
I mean look at the almighty other programs. They lose at home. Purdue lost to us. Kansas lost to tcu etc…so yes looks like logical thinking is a lost art. Sheesh.

Enjoy losses? Who's enjoying them? You sound like the old Crean apologist. The only ones enjoying a loss are the ones defending it as a good game. You're backwards.
The Negative Nancies practically throw a party after a loss and mostly disappear after a win. Methinks you have it backward.

Reactions: MrBing
Painter didn't have a national player of the year finalist on his roster for 2 of those seasons, did he?

Again, the team has the talent.
Oh that matters now? I mean he lost 2 years in a row with talent. NPOY and a top 3 draft pick.

I mean look at the almighty other programs. They lose at home. Purdue lost to us. Kansas lost to tcu etc…so yes looks like logical thinking is a lost art. Sheesh.
Did you forget we've played more than one game? Or is that the only one you've seen. What a fool.

So are you saying Pu was smart?

The Negative Nancies practically throw a party after a loss and mostly disappear after a win. Methinks you have it backward.
Nah, the problem is you've fallen so in love with defending the coach that you lost sight of the program. Just admit it, you're an apologist.

Wtf are you talking about? IU just lost to the number 2 team and you act like it’s Penn state we lost to.
No, IU lost a massive lead at home vs ANY program is awful. This is IU, is it not? Or are we ok with close losses at home as long as the team is ranked high? And I'll repeat, this isn't just one game. The conversation is that this is a common theme so I'm talking about EVERY game. CMW has a lot still to prove. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT