ADVERTISEMENT

The United States needs better theatrics.

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Putin announcing the annexation of Ukrainian territory and threatening nuclear war for those who challenge his action.

RUSSIA-UKRAINE-WAR.jpg

Biden in a speech to the United States asking for political decency and national unity.

erick_erickson_biden_leni_riefenstahl_09-01-2022.jpg

Reactions: DANC
Putin announcing the annexation of Ukrainian territory and threatening nuclear war for those who challenge his action.

RUSSIA-UKRAINE-WAR.jpg

Biden in a speech to the United States asking for political decency and national unity.

erick_erickson_biden_leni_riefenstahl_09-01-2022.jpg
Just stupid.

So Biden should be more like Putin?

Pretty shameful to highlight sham referendums held at gunpoint and Putin's subsequent illegal annexation of Ukraine territory in an effort to make a joke and/or score political points. What's wrong with you?

Just stupid.

Pretty shameful to highlight sham referendums held at gunpoint and Putin's subsequent illegal annexation of Ukraine territory in an effort to make a joke and/or score political points. What's wrong with you?

Aw, c'mon. Lighten up. I rarely agree with COH about much of anything, but he's right about the staging of Biden's speech. That was just awful. Someone should be fired for that.

Just stupid.

Bassackwards. Biden and his set looks like a murdering authoritarian Putin. Putin‘s set looks like what Biden should have used.

"Biden's speech was dumb" and "COH's post was dumb" are not mutually exclusive propositions.
I dunno. Theatrics is for some people more important than content. I remember your post where you fell for Christine Blase Ford’s heavily rehearsed theatrics.

I dunno. Theatrics is for some people more important than content. I remember your post where you fell for Christine Blase Ford’s heavily rehearsed theatrics.

Congressional testimony is staged? Rehearsed? Coached? Say it ain't so.

I remember Christine Blasé Ford being calm, cool and collected. I recall Lindsay Graham’s well rehearsed hysterical outburst. Might look those up again.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
I remember Christine Blasé Ford being calm, cool and collected. I recall Lindsay Graham’s well rehearsed hysterical outburst. Might look those up again.
I don't remember any of it, but your memories match what I said at the time, which was that the political theater was restrained on both sides with one notable exception: Graham.

I don't remember any of it, but your memories match what I said at the time, which was that the political theater was restrained on both sides with one notable exception: Graham.

Graham's tirade was hilarious and frightening at the same time.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
She was a robot. I thought it was obvious at the time. But the theatrics for her well-rehearsed moment we’re in play long before she took the oath.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Here’s some theatrics for you.
You don’t know what theatrics are. Theatrics are planned and rehearsed all in an effort to make it appear as if there is no theatrics. Blasé Ford was obviously rehearsed. Graham simply went off the rails.

I mentioned several weeks ago about my week long Santa Fe opera experience. The group leader spent one morning talking about staging and theatrics in opera. After the session I told him what he talked about is what happens in a courtroom during a trial. He said that he has spoken about that often to New Mexico lawyers. I have pretty meager knowledge of theatrics, but I do know how to prep important witnesses. When I coached high school mock trial, my best kids were from drama club.

Theatrics is also a large part of the J6 proceedings, both in the select committee and outside the committee.

You don’t know what theatrics are. Theatrics are planned and rehearsed all in an effort to make it appear as if there is no theatrics. Blasé Ford was obviously rehearsed. Graham simply went off the rails.

I mentioned several weeks ago about my week long Santa Fe opera experience. The group leader spent one morning talking about staging and theatrics in opera. After the session I told him what he talked about is what happens in a courtroom during a trial. He said that he has spoken about that often to New Mexico lawyers. I have pretty meager knowledge of theatrics, but I do know how to prep important witnesses. When I coached high school mock trial, my best kids were from drama club.

Theatrics is also a large part of the J6 proceedings, both in the select committee and outside the committee.
I don’t know what theatrics are? You think Graham’s wasn’t planned and approved ahead of time? Who is naive now?

I don’t know what theatrics are? You think Graham’s wasn’t planned and approved ahead of time? Who is naive now?
You most certainly used theatrics in the classroom. Maybe you were trained maybe not. I don’t think Graham sat down with others and rehearsed his outburst. Maybe others approved of what he said, but that isn’t evidence of planned theatrics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT