ADVERTISEMENT

The Open

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
Got up early this morning and watched a bit of the Open Championship. Couple of cool things and observations:

They had a British guy (Matthew Jordan?) who's a member at the club hosting the tournament open the tournament and tee off first. Finished well at -2 and said he's won the club championship 3X as an amateur. An amateur from S Africa is leading @ -4 as of the 16th hole... pretty cool. Doesn't seem to matter how they are playing at the moment, but Jordan Speith and Shane Lowry always seem to play well and relish links style golf, shaping shots and factoring for the wind.

Got up early this morning and watched a bit of the Open Championship. Couple of cool things and observations:

They had a British guy (Matthew Jordan?) who's a member at the club hosting the tournament open the tournament and tee off first. Finished well at -2 and said he's won the club championship 3X as an amateur. An amateur from S Africa is leading @ -4 as of the 16th hole... pretty cool. Doesn't seem to matter how they are playing at the moment, but Jordan Speith and Shane Lowry always seem to play well and relish links style golf, shaping shots and factoring for the wind.
I have my 20 year HS reunion this weekend. My god I am getting old.

We have an 8some Saturday morning. 1st time golfing since I went on vacation in April. I am similar to Speech and Lowry, big into factoring for the wind.

Reactions: kkott

We have an 8some Saturday morning. 1st time golfing since I went on vacation in April. I am similar to Speech and Lowry, big into factoring for the wind.
For tee shots, or to light one up?

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh
Stuart Cink's on the leader board. Lol. Seems like some old guy always dusts off his A game in the Open.
Nothing compares to Watson in 2009, which ironically, Cink benefitted from. Saw a great documentary on that tournament and he literally hit the exact approach he wanted on 18, but the ball took a bad hop and skidded farther than he obviously wanted. Thought he should've had a 3-4 footer. Crushing.

American Brian Harman had an awesome round today! -6 on the day, with an eagle on 18! What a rush that had to be! Sounds like the wind is picking up and so far, the rest of the leaders seem to be backpedaling. He might get to sleep on a 5 shot lead (or better) tonight!

Last edited:
American Brian Harman had an awesome round today! -6 on the day, with an eagle on 18! What a rush that had to be! Sounds like the wind is picking up and so far, the rest of the leaders seem to be backpedaling. He might get to sleep on a 5 shot lead (or better) tonight!
UGA . . . first day GA Tech, and the second day UGA . . . .

Nobody cares.

How are the second and third string linebackers looking?

Is the back-up punter ready!

C’mon, man. Priorities.
You mean how are the 2nd quarter guys looking?

Back up punter is ready. Kirby . . . ya know?

Vols think they have a chance . . . .

We had our 50th class reunion last year. You're young enough to be my son.

Reactions: Cavanagh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT