4. Yesterday
3. Strawberry Fields Forever
2. I Want To Hold Your Hand
1. A Day in the Life

my brain broke trying to do this

different day - different hour - I’d pick a different No. 1

this morning, my No. 1 would be ….

Come Together

I really thought the 3 blondes would get the comment ..

I like Antonoff .. I like how he attacks and records vocals as a group... not layered recorded as one, unpolished, slightly off .. that kind of thing.

What's your opinion of fun. ?
When I went to the FF4 Concert in Dallas (I think it was 2014) Fun was one of the 3 bands set to play during the course of the day prior to the Springsteen nightcap. I was looking forward to seeing them, but I ended up staying in my hotel room while it absolutely poured all day. My whole rationale for going to Dallas was that I (mistakenly) thought it would be warm in Dallas, and it was a chance to get away from the Indiana cold. But boy was I wrong...

I had nearly decided to blow off the entire show because it was rainy and cold. But I knew Bruce would play no matter the weather, and it finally cleared up enough that I got motivated enough to go. It was all GA and I had planned to get there early am and get a spot down front and just hang out all day, like I had done at Bonaroo a few years earlier. But with the rain and cold I just ended up going for Bruce and missed everyone else...

It was the year pUKe played UCONN, and as usual when UK is involved there were a lot of obnoxious UK fans at the show. I mean doing that obnoxious CATS cheer, which is enough to make you barf. When I flew home the next morning I shared the airport bus with Aaron Craft (OSU) and his dad, who were apparently not staying for the Championship game.

The show was free, but considering I had to drive to Dayton and back because there were no flights from Indy it was a logistical nightmare. And not only was the dayton airport crawling with UK fans, but it was the year Archie took the Flyers to the E8 so there was a lot of brouhaha over that as well. I was relieved to get back to Bloomington and find out that UCONN had upset UK, which seemed poetic justice.

But missing out on Fun, I was glad to see that Jack/Bleachers collaborated with Bruce on Chinatown. I think what happened was Jack was involved on one of Patti's solo albums, so they got to know each other and Bruce agreed to appear on the song.The video was cool enough but then when Bleachers did a live rooftop show Bruce appeared on that as well.

Just a couple of Jersey boys, and an OMFG moment on Jack's face when Bruce takes lead vocal on the final verse...

When I went to the FF4 Concert in Dallas (I think it was 2014) Fun was one of the 3 bands set to play during the course of the day prior to the Springsteen nightcap. I was looking forward to seeing them, but I ended up staying in my hotel room while it absolutely poured all day. My whole rationale for going to Dallas was that I (mistakenly) thought it would be warm in Dallas, and it was a chance to get away from the Indiana cold. But boy was I wrong...

I had nearly decided to blow off the entire show because it was rainy and cold. But I knew Bruce would play no matter the weather, and it finally cleared up enough that I got motivated enough to go. It was all GA and I had planned to get there early am and get a spot down front and just hang out all day, like I had done at Bonaroo a few years earlier. But with the rain and cold I just ended up going for Bruce and missed everyone else...

It was the year pUKe played UCONN, and as usual when UK is involved there were a lot of obnoxious UK fans at the show. I mean doing that obnoxious CATS cheer, which is enough to make you barf. When I flew home the next morning I shared the airport bus with Aaron Craft (OSU) and his dad, who were apparently not staying for the Championship game.

The show was free, but considering I had to drive to Dayton and back because there were no flights from Indy it was a logistical nightmare. And not only was the dayton airport crawling with UK fans, but it was the year Archie took the Flyers to the E8 so there was a lot of brouhaha over that as well. I was relieved to get back to Bloomington and find out that UCONN had upset UK, which seemed poetic justice.

But missing out on Fun, I was glad to see that Jack/Bleachers collaborated with Bruce on Chinatown. I think what happened was Jack was involved on one of Patti's solo albums, so they got to know each other and Bruce agreed to appear on the song.The video was cool enough but then when Bleachers did a live rooftop show Bruce appeared on that as well.

Just a couple of Jersey boys, and an OMFG moment on Jack's face when Bruce takes lead vocal on the final verse...

Talk about an underappreciated album...

Mudslide Slim was one of the albums I got intially from one of those 99 cents for 12 albums deals from Columbia Record Club. I was in high school and I still remember playing cuts from many of those albums during my stint as a DJ on the school radio station. I ended up having personality clashes with the director who wasa fat little Scotsman. I quit the radio staff and later when I was at IU I found out he had been beheaded in a tragic accident when he got off a plane and walked into the propellor's path.

I saw this on my feed the other day and it got me thinking about the album. I think in terms of overall song quality and quantity it was better than Sweet Baby James.

This is a performance from BBC featuring our old friend Lee Sklar and Russ Kunkel on percussion. And none other than Carole King playing piano on the song she wrote for JT. It was inspired by the "lonely times when I could not find a friend" line from Fire and Rain...

The title cut, and a lyric that has stuck in my head for 50+ yrs...

"Wanna thank Jimmy, Jimmy, John, and Nick, and Laurie
The No Jets Construction
For setting me down a homestead on the farm,"

Another bit of musical trivia ...

Joni Mitchell's follow up to Blue, was For The Roses... While everyone realized that Blue mainly dealt with her breakup with Graham Nash and to a lesser extent Leonard Cohen the inspiration behind For the Roses was not as obvious.

There were obvious references to a rock star and involvements with groupies, drugs and the trappings of fame. In "See You Sometime" she pleads...

"Pack your suspenders
I'll come meet your plane
No need to surrender
I just wanna see you again"

and no one knew who the mystery man was because it seemed such an abstract concept. Nobody wore suspenders...

But then James released Mudslide and in the cover photo there he was wearing suspenders. The mystery was solved.

Reactions: Morrison
Know there are some Neil Young fans that peruse here, and thought you might find this interesting. This channel is pretty good with their deep dive format, and often turn up with facts that I was personally unaware of...

This expose of Cinnamon Girl delves into how Neil formed Crazy Horse, and how their sound was such a radical departure from both Springfield and his debut solo album (The Loner, The Old Laughing Lady)...

I never really knew that much about Danny Whitten, except that much of Tonight's the Night revolved around his OD. But from this I learned that his heroin addicition was a result of rheumatoid arthritis, and that Neil actually fired him and sent him home from an upcoming tour rehearsal the same day he OD'd...

I'm probably in a distinct minority because I actually prefer the acoustic version of Cowgirl off of 4 Way Street, to the version on Nowhere. It just seems more plaintive and whimsical, jmho...But I do think the title cut is underappreciated, and likely underperformed...

Here it's included in a medley of songs recorded at (or outisde of) KQED studios (San Fran) in 1970. The songs are a bit of a mish mash, not always the easiest to follow. But the pic collage is pretty awesome...

Know there are some Neil Young fans that peruse here, and thought you might find this interesting. This channel is pretty good with their deep dive format, and often turn up with facts that I was personally unaware of...

This expose of Cinnamon Girl delves into how Neil formed Crazy Horse, and how their sound was such a radical departure from both Springfield and his debut solo album (The Loner, The Old Laughing Lady)...

I never really knew that much about Danny Whitten, except that much of Tonight's the Night revolved around his OD. But from this I learned that his heroin addicition was a result of rheumatoid arthritis, and that Neil actually fired him and sent him home from an upcoming tour rehearsal the same day he OD'd...

I'm probably in a distinct minority because I actually prefer the acoustic version of Cowgirl off of 4 Way Street, to the version on Nowhere. It just seems more plaintive and whimsical, jmho...But I do think the title cut is underappreciated, and likely underperformed...

Here it's included in a medley of songs recorded at (or outisde of) KQED studios (San Fran) in 1970. The songs are a bit of a mish mash, not always the easiest to follow. But the pic collage is pretty awesome...

Good stuff, but … I don’t always like knowing how my watch works.

Young was one of the guys who got me through “the disco years.” Love his songs. But he was a loner, and oddly arrogant in a time of laid back hippie peace freaks.

I put him and Dylan alone at the top of 60-70’s songwriters. Both suffered from understanding how brilliant they were.

This one was always proof to me that songs can impact the human condition - the first notes always produce a mood, a feeling, like no other:

Last edited:
Sweet Megg (Megg Farrell) did a livestream from Dee’s in Nashville. Did a great version of Walking After Midnight. Couldn’t find it online. Settled for this with a different band. Twang.

Last edited:
Top 10 Beatles songs from Rolling Stone Magazine:
10. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
9. Come Together
8. Let It Be
7. Hey Jude
6. Something
5. In My Life
4. Yesterday
3. Strawberry Fields Forever
2. I Want To Hold Your Hand
1. A Day in the Life

my brain broke trying to do this

different day - different hour - I’d pick a different No. 1

this morning, my No. 1 would be ….

Come Together

The opening guitar licks put this one high on my list.

Wow. This is incredible. Don't give up on it - watch and listen to the end if you can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT