ADVERTISEMENT

The Kavanaugh debate has come unhinged

Lying under oath about dumb college behavior.

Also, is this true? From the NY Post:

The Times article identified Stier as someone who “runs a nonprofit organization in Washington.”

But it did not mention that Stier worked on President Bill Clinton’s defense team during the Whitewater investigation in the 1990s that was run by independent counsel Ken Starr.

Kavanaugh worked for Starr at the time.

Reactions: SNU0821
Lying under oath about behavior that was not fully investigated.

I'd steer clear of describing it as "dumb college behavior". Even if one thinks that if the behavior in question shouldn't preclude him from taking the bench so long as there were some acknowledgement that it was long in the past and not representative of any current mindset.

Now the right-wing media and their adherents are all over the story to call it all lies. Most in that circle never really cared if any of it was true in any event, but they'll exploit any errors, sloppiness, uncertainties in the MSM reporting to apply absolute conclusions that aren't fairly earned. That's how that media format works. The noise machine goes in full effect to shout down any reasonable concerns.
I posted yesterday that it was an old allegation.

Last edited:

Also, is this true? From the NY Post:

The Times article identified Stier as someone who “runs a nonprofit organization in Washington.”

But it did not mention that Stier worked on President Bill Clinton’s defense team during the Whitewater investigation in the 1990s that was run by independent counsel Ken Starr.

Kavanaugh worked for Starr at the time.
How is that relevant? But good job throwing up all the right wing battle tactics.

How is that relevant? But good job throwing up all the right wing battle tactics.

It's not worth mentioning that the guy is a long-time Democratic supporter that could have a political axe to grind? It seems particularly sensible to include such information without corroboration from others about this incident.

I was trying to help.

There’s no help. Agree with the lefties or shut up. The question is if Trump appoints another SCOTUS, will the Dems use the sex smear again. There have to be men out there they can find that Amy Coney Barrett sexually abused.

It’s a waste of time. She doesn’t give a damn what’s true. Destroy him because she doesn’t agree. And I bet Zeke has many friends that were eyewitnesses.
Yup. When did we become "guilty until proven innocent" in this country?

Like I said, she's really going to scream and cry when the Notorious RBG retires and we put another conservative/constitutionalist on the court.

Yup. When did we become "guilty until proven innocent" in this country?

Like I said, she's really going to scream and cry when the Notorious RBG retires and we put another conservative/constitutionalist on the court.

RBG isn’t retiring while Trump is president.

Wait. You find the media disgusting for reporting this? Not the fact that the FBI was told they could not interview the 25 witnesses to Kavanaugh’a behavior?
"The alleged victim does not remember the alleged incident." Good grief
Notice she isn’t saying it didn’t happen. That would be a little more definitive, wouldn’t it?

It's not worth mentioning that the guy is a long-time Democratic supporter that could have a political axe to grind? It seems particularly sensible to include such information without corroboration from others about this incident.
Perhaps. But I'd be surprised that even someone you consider so biased and duplicitous would step up and volunteer to lie to the FBI. That carries some heavy duty consequences, as we've seen recently.

Perhaps. But I'd be surprised that even someone you consider so biased and duplicitous would step up and volunteer to lie to the FBI. That carries some heavy duty consequences, as we've seen recently.

Only if you’re associated with Trump right now. :D

No, I just went to the parties and waved my wacker around.

I didn’t attend one frat party. I knew to stay in my place. The poor boy/girl parties I attended I don’t recall anyone waving their wacker around. I do remember girls that were proud of their boobs. That must have been some kind of sexual misconduct on their part.

No, I just went to the parties and waved my wacker around.

how-to-party-or-what.gif

Reactions: Bill4411
NYT Opinion shat the bed on this one. Might as well own up to it.

But, that doesn't mean BK isn't an asshole. He still could be.
And it doesn't mean the NYT sucks. It's one of the best sources of journalism in America, and even the Opinion department has produced a lot of quality stuff.

But no one bats 1.000. They farked this one up. No reason to put lipstick on a pig.

The Times has now reluctantly “updated” their story to include the relevant info, but only after it spread far and wide on Twitter.

And they can’t figure out why their credibility continues to crater from already historic lows.
Would they have updated the story if someone hadn't got ahold of a copy of the book? Very doubtful

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT