ADVERTISEMENT

The Kavanaugh debate has come unhinged

If it costs the election to impeach I could live with it because I want our politicians to do the right thing for our country and not the thing they think they need to do to get elected. But I really don't believe that it would hurt our chances.
That's a tradeoff I'm not willing to take. I'd lean toward the Pelosi line of doing "impeachment investigations", and only go to formal impeachment proceedings in the event of there being a "smoking gun" found, and then only if public sentiment favors it. While I still can't imagine him being removed from office, I'm fine with a House indictment if it's obvious to all he's busted. The courts are going to have to get involved and break the defiance of subpoenas.

To get that figure you have to include the full deductible. Those that don’t use healthcare, or only go to the doc occasionally for routine matter or check up (heck, I haven’t even been to a Doc in over two years) are either paying nothing or a co-payment. The majority of people don’t reach a fraction of the deductible. They are not “paying” 11K per year. In the other hand, you will be paying your taxes. Those of us that pay taxes will have to pay twice as much to pay a doubling of our expenses. At a time we don’t even want to pay for our current expenses and are on a pathetic to insolvency, do you think it’s going to sale to double our spending and double our taxes. I think Sanders and Warren our Trump’s best bet for re-election.

I understand where you are coming from, but having a family with younger children, we hit our deductible every year without fail.

I’d be interested in a study looking at medical expenses after the deductible is hit. Everyone puts off certain medical issues until the deductible is hit. I know I do it with my back every year. I would imagine Q4 medical claims are inflated because of this.

That's a tradeoff I'm not willing to take. I'd lean toward the Pelosi line of doing "impeachment investigations", and only go to formal impeachment proceedings in the event of there being a "smoking gun" found, and then only if public sentiment favors it. While I still can't imagine him being removed from office, I'm fine with a House indictment if it's obvious to all he's busted. The courts are going to have to get involved and break the defiance of subpoenas.
What do you think we should do if he's reelected?

You’re a reasonable person. We will see what happens. Nadler isn’t doing the Democrats or the Country any good.

Are we going to investigate the Obamas’ going from middle class poor to multimillionaires on book deals and Netflix deals that nobody reads or watches? Are we going to investigate Harry Reid and see how he accumulated all his wealth while senate majority leader? How did Nancy Pelosi accumulate millions of dollars of wealth? The list goes on and on with both sides of the a aisle. Do you care about them like you despise Trump? Supposedly Trump’s net worth has decreased over $1 billion while president. He’s not doing very well stealing from the country.
You say I'm reasonable and then you say I despise Trump. I don't despise him but I think he's unfit to be our President. When he has military jets divert to an air port we rarely or never use to buy fuel and has military personnel stay in a Trump resort which depends on that airport you have to think there's something wrong there. When he encourages administration personnel to stay at his properties you have to know there is something wrong with that. That's just one thing out of many things that are probably criminal.

You say I'm reasonable and then you say I despise Trump. I don't despise him but I think he's unfit to be our President. When he has military jets divert to an air port we rarely or never use to buy fuel and has military personnel stay in a Trump resort which depends on that airport you have to think there's something wrong there. When he encourages administration personnel to stay at his properties you have to know there is something wrong with that. That's just one thing out of many things that are probably criminal.
Sounds like wishful thinking more than illegal/criminal.

The problem for the Times is that this came out of the opinion section and not the news. There is nothing wrong with an editorial section of a paper, but it should not be breaking news. And it should always be identified as opinion material and not news. Just like Hannity isn't news on Fox. The Times needs to be much more careful in this regard because, as we see in this thread, people do not distinguish between opinion pieces and news pieces. The entire paper looks bad when this happens.
The Times' news section also carried a story on the Stier-Kavanaugh allegation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d82da62e4b0849d47233e56/amp
We know Kavanaugh is a liar. Looks like he is encouraging others to lie too. What a guy. No wonder Trump was sold on him.
Uhhh, i believe that’s what is known as “off the record”.

Furthermore, they never actually talked to Kavanaugh. They spoke to a “rep” of his.

At this point, it’s fair to wonder if these two were actually hired to discredit the media even further. They keep tripping all over themselves in comical fashion.

Also, Zeke, did you watch the interview where these two authors said they couldn’t find a single bad thing Kavanaugh’s done in the past 36 years?

Don’t you feel bad now for dragging him through the mud?

Reactions: SNU0821
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d82da62e4b0849d47233e56/amp
We know Kavanaugh is a liar. Looks like he is encouraging others to lie too. What a guy. No wonder Trump was sold on him.
Uhhh, i believe that’s what is known as “off the record”.

Furthermore, they never actually talked to Kavanaugh. They spoke to a “rep” of his.

At this point, it’s fair to wonder if these two were actually hired to discredit the media even further. They keep tripping all over themselves in comical fashion.

Also, Zeke, did you watch the interview where these two authors said they couldn’t find a single bad thing Kavanaugh’s done in the past 36 years?

Don’t you feel bad now for dragging him through the mud?
No, not at all. He lied under oath, even if all the sexual allegations are untrue. Link please to where the authors said they couldn’t find a single bad thing he’s done.

No, not at all. He lied under oath, even if all the sexual allegations are untrue. Link please to where the authors said they couldn’t find a single bad thing he’s done.
Except.......He didn’t lie under oath. Your hurt feelings are showing Zeke.

You’re a reasonable person. We will see what happens. Nadler isn’t doing the Democrats or the Country any good.

Are we going to investigate the Obamas’ going from middle class poor to multimillionaires on book deals and Netflix deals that nobody reads or watches? Are we going to investigate Harry Reid and see how he accumulated all his wealth while senate majority leader? How did Nancy Pelosi accumulate millions of dollars of wealth? The list goes on and on with both sides of the a aisle. Do you care about them like you despise Trump? Supposedly Trump’s net worth has decreased over $1 billion while president. He’s not doing very well stealing from the country.

Posts like this demonstrate your bias and inability to honestly discuss issues. It’s not debatable that Trump has broken laws regarding financially benefiting from his office. Then you point to a book deal by the Obamas as if it’s similar to Trump’s crimes. You’re a CPA, right. I assume you can understand basic finance. Do you have any idea how much the publisher has made off of Michelle Obama’s book? Can you point to any other book deal in the past three years that has been as lucrative for a publishing house? And you want this investigated? You have no credibility at all.

Posts like this demonstrate your bias and inability to honestly discuss issues. It’s not debatable that Trump has broken laws regarding financially benefiting from his office. Then you point to a book deal by the Obamas as if it’s similar to Trump’s crimes. You’re a CPA, right. I assume you can understand basic finance. Do you have any idea how much the publisher has made off of Michelle Obama’s book? Can you point to any other book deal in the past three years that has been as lucrative for a publishing house? And you want this investigated? You have no credibility at all.
I cringed so many times reading Michelle’s book at the treatment they got. Remember when it was their anniversary and they had dinner at a nice restaurant and went to a Broadway play? And it turned into a huge deal about how much money they spent? That was early in office and she said they were careful to never do anything like that again. Trump wouldn’t think twice about that. Although I doubt if he has ever been to a play in his life or ever attempted to do anything special for Melania.

Reactions: Circlejoe
He’s still your SCJ. I’m excited for a good dude like Kavanaugh to be on the bench for a LONG time.
I’m sure it does. You’re obviously the frat boy that likes beer still just like him. Hopefully you don’t lie as much or sexually harass women.

I cringed so many times reading Michelle’s book at the treatment they got. Remember when it was their anniversary and they had dinner at a nice restaurant and went to a Broadway play? And it turned into a huge deal about how much money they spent? That was early in office and she said they were careful to never do anything like that again. Trump wouldn’t think twice about that. Although I doubt if he has ever been to a play in his life or ever attempted to do anything special for Melania.

Heh, I had a conversation with Obama about Stephen Sondheim and he was fully able to speak about the arts. I thought then that I could never have that conversation with Dubya. It’s impossible to think Trump could be aware of anything more than the most basic tv reality show. No wonder he likes the uneducated.

Heh, I had a conversation with Obama about Stephen Sondheim and he was fully able to speak about the arts. I thought then that I could never have that conversation with Dubya. It’s impossible to think Trump could be aware of anything more than the most basic tv reality show. No wonder he likes the uneducated.
That’s one of the things I miss and the children in DC are missing out on. Obama’s in particular, but I think all presidents have had various arts presentations and opened them to the public at the WH. I think I recall one ballet performance Trump had.

They received $65M which is basically advanced royalties. Royalties are usually 10% of the selling price. Count me wrong if they’ve earned that advance already.
Okay, so if this is some kind of underhanded payment, what exactly did the Obama's do for the publisher to get them to pony up? What's the quid and whats the quo?

Reactions: BrickShooter
I’m sure it does. You’re obviously the frat boy that likes beer still just like him. Hopefully you don’t lie as much or sexually harass women.
But he hasn’t lied or sexually harassed anyone. There isn’t a shred of verifiable proof to say otherwise. Again, it’s just your hurt feelings and pure partisan liberal crap.

They received $65M which is basically advanced royalties. Royalties are usually 10% of the selling price. Count me wrong if they’ve earned that advance already.

Michelle Obama’s book is the biggest selling nonfiction book EVER! I think the publisher has done well and is probably hoping to get a second book from her. A friend of mine was in charge of her Arena book tour. That tour sold out nationwide in major arenas around the country. Your favorite politician illegally required military planes to refuel at the airport his golf course was reliant on and the military crews stayed at Trump’s resort. I’m embarrassed for you.

Reactions: MrBing and DrHoops
But he hasn’t lied or sexually harassed anyone. There isn’t a shred of verifiable proof to say otherwise. Again, it’s just your hurt feelings and pure partisan liberal crap.
Are you incapable of reading? There is ample evidence that he lied. Irrefutable proof. And I know you think women are just out to get every single man, but I’d say chances are pretty good he sexually harassed women too. But there’s no doubt he lied.

FWIW....I watched the Obama's Netflix Doc 'American Factory'.... and it was pretty intriguing.

Would recommend..... for those that don't know, here's the background

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...y-review-julia-reichert-steven-bognar/597067/

There seems to be a lot of the expected partisan teeth gnashing going on about it.... but the much more interesting part (to me) than the US domestic politics, is the juxtaposition the film shows of China manufacturing vs US manufacturing.

What on Earth is there to investigate? Publishers paid them. NetFlix paid them. That's one of the benefits of being a former POTUS and FLOTUS.

They're about as perfect an example of the American Dream as you can imagine, yet idiots like you tear them apart while backing an absolute criminal...one we've never seen the likes of before...destroy the fabric of our country.

You're no patriot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Vox? That’s your source. I’m sure I can find a Breitbart article that says he didn’t lie. Be better.

And again, he didn’t lie. There isn’t a shred of proof. Same with sexual harassment. Not a shred of evidence. If he lied under oath the Dems would crucify him. They’re not. Wonder why? Probably because he didn’t lie...

Vox is the desperation heave, when Zekes feels cornered in.

Supply and demand.

So they’re cashing in? I thought they were against cashing in? I thought they were going to be different? Sing the evils of rich folks to get in office and cash in when you’re done.

Same as the current crop of democrats. At least be honest and say you love money and want to get rich. I’ve got no problem with that.

I root for everyone to become rich through hard work. Just don’t whine about the terrible rich people while in office and then be a freaking hypocrite when you leave office.

You should listen to what Obama actually said instead of listening to what you imagine he said in your fevered imagination.

Obama is a pro-business center-left Democrat. Your desperate whining about his and Michelle's ongoing popularity is telling.

Links, please.

I root for everyone to become rich through hard work. Just don’t whine about the terrible rich people while in office and then be a freaking hypocrite when you leave office.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT